r.w.smith

Qigong Pyrokinesis Demo Real Or Fake

LOL my friend :D

Firstly the likes of Criss Angel and David Blaine are far beyond my league and have a bucket load more cash to pull off their effects. They each also have a team of people working full-time with them in the creation and execution of their effects.

Secondly, did they perform their feats under stingent scientific conditions? Remember that they would inevitably offer false 'proofs' to make it appear that it was all 'trick free'. But was it performed under independent scientific scrutiny?

Thirdly, they are honest when they present themselves as entertainers. Though magician's will deliberately draw upon mystic traditions to flavour their work to create a lingering question around what they do.

Fourthly, because they are honest about their profession as entertainers I have no desire at all to reveal their secrets even if I did know them. I have no beef with them at all, in fact I admire them greatly because they were masters at the art I pursued for a long time. They brought magic onto the street and made it 'real' and gritty and in your face. A whole new audience opened up because of them and I happily made tonnes of cash riding on their coat tails.

Returning once more to the issue ... it is the folks who proclaim they are presenting authentic qigong powers as a means to attract followers and make $$ are the ones to whom I make my challenge.

Lol, no scientific conditions, just observers.

Lol, no scientific conditions, just observers.

Observers can be controlled and manipulated. So let us be happy in the entertainment value of these great artists!

Observers can be controlled and manipulated. So let us be happy in the entertainment value of these great artists!

They aren't even random observers, they're part of the team.

What they didn't think about was that people might recognize them from a previous stunt. If you look at the performances you will recognize some of the observers.

So, for instance if Criss Angel is doing some performance on the street with people standing around him, one would immediately assume that there cannot be anything above him. Because otherwise the spectators would see it. But they're part of the team. So, he can set up things that the TV viewer cannot see.

I don't know how he's doing his stuff. I think it's great entertainment. But I think this fact is part of the explanation.

They aren't even random observers, they're part of the team.

What they didn't think about was that people might recognize them from a previous stunt. If you look at the performances you will recognize some of the observers.

So, for instance if Criss Angel is doing some performance on the street with people standing around him, one would immediately assume that there cannot be anything above him. Because otherwise the spectators would see it. But they're part of the team. So, he can set up things that the TV viewer cannot see.

I don't know how he's doing his stuff. I think it's great entertainment. But I think this fact is part of the explanation.

True it is Criss was a little lax in that area LOL and he has paid for it. Damn expensive things those stooges :lol:

Edited by Stigweard

LOL ... this is exactly what I was saying over in the Question about spirituality and scientific testing thread. At best all we can offer here are OPINIONS. If I am convinced that it is a fake then no matter how much windbagging goes on you wont change my opinion, and likewise if you think it is real the no ranting from me will shift you.

The bottom line is this ... until this same demonstration is performed under a strict scientific, double blind environment then it has to be considered....

:D That's why I prefaced my post with the devil's advocate clause...I just presented a minor-technical rebuttal of sorts without really saying what side of the fence I was on :lol: Although I did leave clues - I dont see this as 'proof' one way or the other due to presentation. I'm sure if any of us were present at such a demonstration and insisted on providing the newspaper or something, we could get a better idea.

I am also a professional magician (or of equal quality when it comes to talent), and the way he hid his hand and the way everything played out - the way his ego flattered itself, etc. seems contradictory to the practies supposedly undergone. If someone could truely do that, i'de guess their behaviors and personality would be a shining paragon of such ideas, but as such it looks like the paper was sprayed with something that the friction of the rubbing might react to, or a palmed match or something of the sort... flash paper to my understanding goes out to quickly to be considered viable here, but who knows.

IMHO

fake.

(open minded enuff to be wrong tho) :unsure:

Abilities arent developed by just do gooders. The vid looks staged obviously

I still don't see why the guy needs an eagle's nest-size pile of newspapers, though?
So I get an idea to hire him as my camping "buddy" in charge of keeping the fire up? :)

Chis Angel's fake performances... apparently all you need is hired spectators that would keep quet and CGI professionals who are able to doctor the videos.

I dont know what the deal is with washing the hands either.

In magic we call them "proofs." In essence we are trying to "prove" to you that everything is legit and scientifically viable.

For example, in a rope escape I used to do, I will get two audience members up on stage to check out all my props before I get the biggest, meanest, ugliest bloke in the audience to tie me up. Each one of these elements is a "proof" in that I am leading my audience to believe that it would be humanly impossible for me to escape.

These sorts of "proofs" can also be used to distract the audience's attention away from the real action.

:)

Hey R.W. -- how'd you figure out the youtube was the Yellow Mountain master! Very cool -- consider all these testimonies:

http://www.yellowmountaincenter.com/people.html

That's hilarious -- again -- how quick everyone was to dismiss him as fake. haha.

Does anybody remember this video

Looks much more convincing & he operates a school on huangshan mountain. But again i cannot verify 100% if its real. you can watch some moe videos or contact this master here.

http://www.yellowmountaincenter.com/QiGong.html

Any feedback would be much appreciated,But you know what its like around here. Most try to keep this stuff under wraps instead of helping another brother. :lol:

Regards

Hi Drew,

Well i thought they were the same person (dont they look the same ???) However friend...i recieved a PM last week from somebody here who had just returned from meeting Him on Yellow Mountain. He said No,They are not the same person. He said the guy on yellow mountain practices a Family Style with shades of Shaolin & Taoist methods incorporated. From what i was told he wont teach you the Juice (as my good frineds here call it lol) and is mainly interested in healing.

So make of it what you will guys lol,

Regards,

Edited by r.w.smith

Yeah I paused the "gathering chi" vid when he's smiling at the camera and even though he's skinnier face then the Yellow Mountain teacher he has much bigger cheek bone flesh -- higher up and fleshier. haha. So they do look similar though but not enough to be the same imo.

Hi Drew,

Well i thought they were the same person (dont they look the same ???) However friend...i recieved a PM last week from somebody here who had just returned from meeting Him on Yellow Mountain. He said No,They are not the same person. He said the guy on yellow mountain practices a Family Style with shades of Shaolin & Taoist methods incorporated. From what i was told he wont teach you the Juice (as my good frineds here call it lol) and is mainly interested in healing.

So make of it what you will guys lol,

Regards,

Hey Guys, im not sure if this has been posted before here. If so i apologize.

Although i believe in this kind of thing Im certain many people are now using trickery. The smoke looks a funny kind of colour when this guy does it. People are now using something called flash paper & hotrods on the thumb which remain invisible to the naked eye.

Then again it could be genuine, I'll let you decide for Yourselfs.

I can not make much out of these pictures. What is claimed could be right but in this case...

Is it nessesary to believe in it? You know even to living witnesses, it can be very difficult to grasp.. in most cases people they will rather doubt.

Ask your friend to do it again but ask him to set fire to a single piece of paper instead so that you can actualy see it happen. Or maybe, tell him to do it to a piece of paper on distance.

When I rejected my buddha name, I sent it away, a white "qi" fire came from the sky and blasted it out and away trough a big, heavy oak-wood door one mile a way - The door burned down among other things.

Edited by Guest

It is incredibly easy to fool people. I was a professional magician for 7 years.

The 'trick' with catching the secrets of a magician is to scrutinize the actions that were not necessary. If I could truly set fire to a bundle of paper I would just get some one to pull out a random page of a random newspaper, place it on the ground and without fuss and without touching it I would burst it into flames.

So let's look at what is not necessary here.

I think this is a damn fine advice Stig! :) Thank you very much.

Edited by goldisheavy