Trixter Streetcat

Kunlun interactions

hello bums,

I have recently purchased the Kunlun book off the internet and am expecting to get it in a couple of weeks or so.

first off, I understand there needs to be an energy transmission from a qualified teacher, but since I live in Mexico it will be difficult for me to attend any seminars at least for the time being. is the book sufficient to start off at least into an initial practice? how should i go about this?

secondly, my current regular practice consists of reiki, several sorts of meditation, kung fu, reciting mantra, and I will also be imminently introduced to tai-chi. are any of these practices contraindicated when practicing kunlun? I understand kundalini yoga is. could anyone expound on what one should NOT do when practicing kunlun?

I'd hate to get one of those "awakening syndromes", which sound annoying and hard to cure without an expert in the subject.

I guess that's it. thank you for responses.

streetcat.

Okay...this is my opinion:

If you've done upward practices before, and you have, then you will most likely get energy problems just as a result of the way your energy is currently shaped. Most everyone is upward just by their very nature...so the problems are kind of unavoidable.

I did the kunlun practices exclusively and this has been my experience.

If weird things happen, go see an acupuncturist. Take things slower and don't ignore warning signs (dizziness is a big one). Looking back, I wish I had taken this advice.

The question of whether you need a transmission or not, is kind of interesting. Some say that the transmission can pass harmful energy to the practitioner. Jenny Lamb who teaches the same practice says that you don't need a transmission at all, that it comes from within.

My experience is that the transmission helped get things moving...but many others have gotten moving from the book alone. I think once things spontaneously start to happen, you don't need anything else other than to let go. The posture itself tunes you into the energy...but I think other postures and practices can do the same thing, and then it's just a matter of allowing yourself to be moved.

Seeking an energy source outside yourself is useless. That just makes people into followers and victims.

Good luck. Listen to yourself above anyone else. ;)

Streetcat,

Welcome to taobums! Read the kunlun prophet speaks thread. Don't do kundalini/MCO type drills if you are doing kunlun and don't do mantras within a couple of hours of kunlun. But everything else should be fine. Like with any practice, if you run into problems reduce practice, take time off, or eliminate altogether.

Your pal,

Yoda

hello bums,

I have recently purchased the Kunlun book off the internet and am expecting to get it in a couple of weeks or so.

first off, I understand there needs to be an energy transmission from a qualified teacher, but since I live in Mexico it will be difficult for me to attend any seminars at least for the time being. is the book sufficient to start off at least into an initial practice? how should i go about this?

secondly, my current regular practice consists of reiki, several sorts of meditation, kung fu, reciting mantra, and I will also be imminently introduced to tai-chi. are any of these practices contraindicated when practicing kunlun? I understand kundalini yoga is. could anyone expound on what one should NOT do when practicing kunlun?

I'd hate to get one of those "awakening syndromes", which sound annoying and hard to cure without an expert in the subject.

I guess that's it. thank you for responses.

streetcat.

In my experience, Tai Chi is good. it will help ground the energy in the dan tien and help it permeate the joints and organs.

thank you all for your responses.

just a couple of questions though: yoda, what are MCO-type practices?

and also, scotty, by "upward" practices, do you mean stuff like kundalini yoga? how can you tell that I "have practiced them before"?

thanks again, and I'll get back to you with results...

Upward practices, to me, are pretty much anything that involves any kind of effort on your part. :lol:

Kunlun level 1 is a downward practice, when done correctly. ;)

mco=microcosmic orbit. Just no intentionally pumping/packing/slurping energy around the body.

mco=microcosmic orbit. Just no intentionally pumping/packing/slurping energy around the body.

There was a problem with the order/shipment of my book. I'd like to get started now. Is there anyway someone can direct me on what I need to do for level 1 while I'm waiting for the book to arrive. There was a problem with the order/shipment of my book. I'd like to get started now. Lulu.com has not been that helpful in expiditing the process. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

There was a problem with the order/shipment of my book. I'd like to get started now. Is there anyway someone can direct me on what I need to do for level 1 while I'm waiting for the book to arrive. There was a problem with the order/shipment of my book. I'd like to get started now. Lulu.com has not been that helpful in expiditing the process. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

If you are not already doing so then I'd suggest making stillness meditation part of your daily practice. It will help you relax while you are waiting for the book. :) Seriously...Kunlun will lead you to stillness so consider sitting quietly in the meantime. If the movements don't start up right away it will establish a foundation of sorts to help you not get frustrated and give up.

Here's a cousin practice I found in Shaking Medicine by Keeney: sit on a bench and move rhythmically and spontaneously for 5-10 minutes. After awhile, it'll be like sitting in a rocking chair. And then stillness meditation afterwards. Keeney says to eventually allow the movements to get more vigorous if so desired but not so much to cause injury to self or others. :lol:

Just do it... no transmission needed to start.

Straight from the horse's (Max's :lol: ) mouth:

"People don't need to see me anymore."

Glad to see another Kunloonie in the making! Please let us know how you like it!

Dusty

Just do it... no transmission needed to start.

Straight from the horse's (Max's ) mouth:

"People don't need to see me anymore."

Glad to see another Kunloonie in the making! Please let us know how you like it!

Dusty

hot off the press!! Thanks!!

hot off the press!! Thanks!!

Yup, he said this @ the San Diego Seminar. I feel like Max's transmission speeds the whole process up though. Take that last comment with a grain of salt - that is just how I feel.

I don't know... but I know I got something from Max. While I was doing RP the first time, he did something.

Whether people need one for RP, or if it's any different, I dunno. He didn't say anything about a RP transmission @ the seminar that I remember hearing. Did he talk about a RP transmission at a seminar you went to Yoda?

PS: I feel you more now that we're connected in the same Kunlun energy now. Don't really know how to put the feeling into words though. :):P

Edited by ddilulo_06

In my experience, Tai Chi is good. it will help ground the energy in the dan tien and help it permeate the joints and organs.

What are your views on which order- Kunlun followed by Tai Chi, or the other way around. I originally thought that playing Tai Chi after KL would distribute the energy evenly. I now prefer to do Tai Chi first. It loosens me up and makes my KL session more powerful.

What are your views on which order- Kunlun followed by Tai Chi, or the other way around. I originally thought that playing Tai Chi after KL would distribute the energy evenly. I now prefer to do Tai Chi first. It loosens me up and makes my KL session more powerful.

Good Question. Your method sounds good. Usually, I have plenty of energy going after Kunlun.

I guess I was thinking to do Tai Chi in the morning and Kunlun at night... But, hey whatever works!!!

I think it'd be good to warm up with Tai Chi before spontaneous movement...otherwise you can get microtears in your tissues.

Hi everybody!

I am a reiki master...also trained in silva meditation & kundalini yoga.

I was following some of my visions & found kunlun in the process.

I just practiced level 1 exercise for 3 days and i experienced heat..energy in front body...and then my legs shaking..i was kind of amused..liked it though.

Now i heard that if you practice kunlun, you cannot practice kundalini or reiki. Thats little scary as now my kundalini has become kind of spontaneous. It sometimes arises on its own.

So i thought i should atleast take u guys-opinion before going forward.

I would like to know your opinion!

shishir_Peace,

Welcome to taobums! While we aren't exactly kunlunpros here, we are opinionated so we have that going for us!

I'd say don't worry about kundalini coming up spontaneously, just don't intentionally do any kundalini drills and back off if things get too weird/strong/etc. Also, I'd take a week or two off from kundalini drills before starting with kunlun.

When I do Reiki on someone I open up to kunlun to turbocharge it. They might start doing kunlun too!

Your pal,

Yoda

Agreed with Yoda,

The key is not to control movement of energy in the body! Whatever happens spontaneously should be allowed to play through - your body is far wiser in matters of the body than the mind is.

:)

shishir_Peace,

Welcome to taobums! While we aren't exactly kunlunpros here, we are opinionated so we have that going for us!

I'd say don't worry about kundalini coming up spontaneously, just don't intentionally do any kundalini drills and back off if things get too weird/strong/etc. Also, I'd take a week or two off from kundalini drills before starting with kunlun.

When I do Reiki on someone I open up to kunlun to turbocharge it. They might start doing kunlun too!

Your pal,

Yoda

Thanks for the prompt reply Yoda.

So ur saying that for the next all years...when kunlun energy will be activated..i shdnt do any kundalini exercise.

i can do tht...i dont really do any kundalini exercise these days.it just arises by itself. so tht shd be fine

i have just enrolled for level 1 kunlun from Max. So i was concerned if it will oppose kundalini as i dnt want any risks. I have already been thru hell when kundalini was arising & i dnt want it again.

Q) can i continue using reiki? m so used to it tht it flows automatically whenever i think about it..so stopping tht wont be possible for me. what do u mean when you say u turbocharge with kunlun while giving reiki?

Thanks again for the inputs guys

So ur saying that for the next all years...when kunlun energy will be activated..i shdnt do any kundalini exercise.

i can do tht...i dont really do any kundalini exercise these days.it just arises by itself. so tht shd be fine

My understanding is that especial warnings come with mixing any forced or controlled exercise that forces up-up-up. There are breathing, muscular, etc., that are in some kundalini systems where they do that. Kunlun works when you can relax, let things flow down, and also let things flow where-ever they might go from there. Mixing that with exercises that control-force up would be ... silly, and probably not pretty. :)

As far as already having kundalini already actually present in your system, seems to me that you just need to watch for speed (which you are already probably good at by now). Slow down, back off, when you need to. Probably employ shorter practice sessions than most.

That's my 2 cents, not that I'm certified in any way. :)