Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

self-centered thread

You are an AFC with ONEITIS...an epidemic in our post-feminist culture today.

When you've had enough of the BS, Google PUA and MRA...and start your long road to recovery...

fDcNjhYJLwg

And after you've found both extremes, you will have found the Middle. :D

Vortex, way to go!

I did not had the heart to tell it.

The dark side B;-)

The video is not reachable from here, But I think you were pointing at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDcNjhYJLwg

I could write so much...

I tried to PUA a while ago, I will never do MM or RJ or an canned crap. Natural game possibly. I'll consider this. Oneitis is bull, I don't believe in it.

edit: god damnit, you guys suck. Now I have a whole lot more work on my plate.

Edited by Pranaman

I tried to PUA a while ago, I will never do MM or RJ or an canned crap. Natural game possibly. I'll consider this. Oneitis is bull, I don't believe in it.

Forget PUA and whatever - just be yourself.

Games have winners and losers - not the way to go.

Forget PUA and whatever - just be yourself.

Games have winners and losers - not the way to go.

wow, good point.

hahaha, I laugh.

My yichuan work will develop the energy that attracts women, I know that for sure. My social inhibitions could be relieved if I let many a girl's egos prove themselves to my manufactured ego. <-- actually, this seems counterproductive and unhealthy. Maybe if I didn't have to create more of an ego than I already have, it would work. I don't know. At the same time I could see it being integral, I want to know what Dave thinks of PU for seekers of truth.

LOL!!!!!! Oh man, that video was hilarious and, unfortunately, for the most part very true for many ordinary couples.

I'm open to a woman in life, but it has very specific clauses attached to it. like for one, no marriage -- ever. secondly, she cannot prevent me from seeking truth otherwise it's over.

Yeah, it's not going to be easy finding a person like this but quite frankly i'm not really looking. If it happens, it happens but most important is enlightenment. nothing will stand in the way of that, hence, no children either.

Ah, but how do you know if enlightenment might be found in marriage and children? The sheer level of innocence in a little child can teach us many things.

Ah, but how do you know if enlightenment might be found in marriage and children? The sheer level of innocence in a little child can teach us many things.

This may be true, and a good reason to have children and a marriage.

Although Its found within yourself. You don't need outside things to achieve this.

Often times its weighing your options. Although its so rough to actually figure weather you will find it in another and thus you can then find it in yourself. It ends up not really being about trying to find it in another person. Thats extremely difficult although accomplishable, but it comes along with a lifestyle you must adhere to. I believe that most people subconsciously choose, or consciously choose to want to live there life a certain way. Supposidly their are ways to achieve what your seeking even within a relationship although the practices are slightly different and so forth.

So just to finish off what I was saying in a better and clearer manor, it depends what life you choose to live.

Many people are bound by issues preventing them from living the choice they really want, and have no idea they can choose. Just think how unfortunate they are.

I'd like to write something witty and funny but my girlfriend just stopped by to give me a hug 20 minutes ago... for no reason. So I am all about love at the moment. I've got the mushy, gushy, warm-fuzzies going on.......

There ARE some really great women out there, but in order to attract one you need to be a really great guy. Thats the key, YOU attract what YOU are. Sorta like if your a doormat you'll get someone who wants to walk on you. Thats the key I think, figure out the kind of woman you want and be the kind of man she would want............. and be good to your moms!

I'd like to write something witty and funny but my girlfriend just stopped by to give me a hug 20 minutes ago... for no reason. So I am all about love at the moment. I've got the mushy, gushy, warm-fuzzies going on.......

There ARE some really great women out there, but in order to attract one you need to be a really great guy. Thats the key, YOU attract what YOU are. Sorta like if your a doormat you'll get someone who wants to walk on you. Thats the key I think, figure out the kind of woman you want and be the kind of man she would want............. and be good to your moms!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I think it boils down to personal values.

If you like the person and don't have a problem with the sexual freedom, there is no reason not to continue to enjoy each other. Remember that freedom works both ways. There is no reason to demand or expect monogamy unless it is important to you.

If you do believe that a monogamous relationship is important, there is no point in trying to maintain a relationship with someone who doesn't value that. It will continue to cause you pain and suffering.

Give energy through the voice to girls from your fourth chakra, not your second. This is what PUAs are missing.

the game is an ego game.

Being a real man, is no game.

If you are essentially a yang individual, develop yourself as a man. This is attractive.

PUA's are dolts.

um, sorry, I mean 'dwelling in ignorance".

:)

That's a completely biased and ignorant statement itself, but given that you're a woman and completely naive when it comes to the art of picking-up women, it's understandable.

Natural game is the way to go as it incorporates your personality and fine-tunes the best parts of it while also allowing a guy to maintain his sense of self as well as a sense of Self-dignity. From my experience a lot of it has to do with just making the girl feel comfortable. In as far as fidelity is concerned, that to a large degree is based on the girl. Sure every girl has this beautiful perfect side to them, but if sexual faithfulness is important to you, then look towards her family background - how she was raised, her relationship with her father and how this translates into a need for attention and validation from men.

Sure every girl has this beautiful perfect side to them, but if sexual faithfulness is important to you, then look towards her family background - how she was raised, her relationship with her father and how this translates into a need for attention and validation from men.

that's really sad to know. This girl's father, she knows his checkbook better than she knows him. She can't stand the guy, likes his humor, but can't stand him. He didn't raise her, her mother did. But her mother passed on a few years ago. Dad remarried 3 months later to a gold-digger.

I will pray for her to find independant sustained happiness while I move on in life.

I think it boils down to personal values.

If you like the person and don't have a problem with the sexual freedom, there is no reason not to continue to enjoy each other. Remember that freedom works both ways. There is no reason to demand or expect monogamy unless it is important to you.

If you do believe that a monogamous relationship is important, there is no point in trying to maintain a relationship with someone who doesn't value that. It will continue to cause you pain and suffering.

In my culture it is kind of expected to be monogamous when you enter a serious relationship, unless you are both in the swinger lifestyle. The right thing should have been for her to discuss it first, giving him an explanation why. Then a choice can be made by both. Sneaking sex behind a person's back can be very dangerous.

that's really sad to know. This girl's father, she knows his checkbook better than she knows him. She can't stand the guy, likes his humor, but can't stand him. He didn't raise her, her mother did. But her mother passed on a few years ago. Dad remarried 3 months later to a gold-digger.

I will pray for her to find independent sustained happiness while I move on in life.

Did she have an eye on your checkbook too? I would get checked for STD's if you haven't already

In my culture it is kind of expected to be monogamous when you enter a serious relationship, unless you are both in the swinger lifestyle. The right thing should have been for her to discuss it first, giving him an explanation why. Then a choice can be made by both. Sneaking sex behind a person's back can be very dangerous.

Did she have an eye on your checkbook too? I would get checked for STD's if you haven't already

no, i'm a realy bum, got no job. What I was trying to say is her dad would try to buy her love. Her eye was never on his checkbook. If she wasn't such an alcoholic she wouldn't have cheated on me, she's really young, really small, and drinks more than heavy set men do to get trashed. She never cheated sober. Yeah, getting checked is smart for everyone.

Edited by Pranaman

I'm an old guy and feel the same way you do. In my world, once you entered into a sexual relationship, monogamy was generally assumed. Younger folks (and some older folks) seem to be a bit more comfortable with having multiple concurrent sexual partners. I would agree that being open about it and communicating clearly is the best approach. I'm not sure that's as generally accepted in today's game.

Wow! That opens up a can of worms.

This poor child needs help. Help if you can, but you must sever all romantic and sexual feelings. Tough love may be the best.

If it were me, I would keep my distance and only offer help if it meant sobriety.

she said she would do anything to stay with me. I was considering taking her back, not having sex, and going to AA with her. but I don't know if that's how things would work out. I think it's best if I just go through with life. She believes in the taoist way of life, and chakra meditations, and she has access to an intuitive spiritual counselor who use to be an addiction counselor. She said if she wasn't with me, there would be no point for her to do these things that could help her be happy. So hopefully she realizes what's best for her.

I really don't think she'll change, no matter what. And she's pulling you into a trap.

Going to AA with her would be unnecessary...she can't go by herself? Why is that? Because she needs you to suffer with her?

Don't fall for it, man.

I really don't think she'll change, no matter what. And she's pulling you into a trap.

Going to AA with her would be unnecessary...she can't go by herself? Why is that? Because she needs you to suffer with her?

Don't fall for it, man.

yeah, she needs to help herself. everything in her life has always come to her, she needs to earn something.

she said she would do anything to stay with me. I was considering taking her back, not having sex, and going to AA with her. but I don't know if that's how things would work out. I think it's best if I just go through with life. She believes in the taoist way of life, and chakra meditations, and she has access to an intuitive spiritual counselor who use to be an addiction counselor. She said if she wasn't with me, there would be no point for her to do these things that could help her be happy. So hopefully she realizes what's best for her.

If she gets sober, or anything else, just to keep you, then she will fail. She has to want to actually better herself for herself, rather than someone else. She may just need to hit her bottom yet to really want to change.

That's a completely biased and ignorant statement itself, but given that you're a woman and completely naive when it comes to the art of picking-up women, it's understandable.

Sorry hyok, I've read enough of their books and watched enough of their films and had it tried on me enough to have seen how sad it all is and be bored of the endless self justifications they delude themselves with. For me, conversation about it has been had too many times. Just expressing my own opinion, ya know.

Sorry hyok, I've read enough of their books and watched enough of their films and had it tried on me enough to have seen how sad it all is and be bored of the endless self justifications they delude themselves with. For me, conversation about it has been had too many times. Just expressing my own opinion, ya know.

If you knew they were doing it on you,

they were not (yet) good.

I apologize if i came off defensive, but let me explain myself in a more civilized and practical way...

first, if we see "PUA" through the lense of branding, then we see it for something more than it is, which in its essence is the transfer of information, not so much different than coming to Taobums to learn and exchange ideas, or taking a workshop like Kunlun to help guide us to what we are trying to attain. For me personally, learning to craft my abilities to communicate with women in a courting fashion was developed by watching and analyzing other guys - guys older than I was who had learned their way; guys who were naturally charismatic and had naturally magnetic personalities, then by imitating and implementing their qualities to my own personality, i learned to find my own voice and my own way. This is what it is essentially all about. If you see this as being anything more or less than that, it is because you're looking at it through a lense of your own choosing.

Furthermore many guys are not in a position where they have older male counterparts to analyze, thus the need for a PUA genre became necessary for men. Most of us were not born with an innate ability to attract women and communicate with them in a way that offers results. It's something all of us have to learn one way or another.

Edited by hyok

Ohhhhhhhhhh.... PUA = Pick Up Artist! I was wondering what you guys were talking about. I listened to David Deangelo's "77 Laws of Success with Women and Dating" for weeks everyday and it really helped me. Its not about what lines to use but being a better man to attract better quality women.

Things that make you attractive to women according to David D.?

Having a definate purpose in life and actively seeking your goals.

Traveling or being involved with thing that are interesting to women.

Good personal grooming.

Knowing your self-worth so your not nervous talking to women.

Free MP3 here- http://www.mininova.org/tor/953084

One of the things that really hit me was him saying that its far more rare to find a man who really has his life together than to find a beautiful woman.

Also.... Cat I am sure know more about this stuff than any of us. Women talk about this social stuff far more than men. A good example are the steps of mating. Almost all women can name you the steps of mating from eye contact to sex, but very few men can.

Another good audio book is by Barbara Deangelis called "What Women Want Men to Know" that you can get free here- http://www.mininova.org/tor/1279241

Basically David Deangelo will get you the girl and Barbara Deangelis will help you keep her.

Sign in to follow this