Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

self-centered thread

That's a completely biased and ignorant statement itself, but given that you're a woman and completely naive when it comes to the art of picking-up women, it's understandable.

OOOooooo.

There needs to be more women bum's on this site, I swear! :rolleyes:

LOL,Who better than women to know what works with "picking up" women!

Dude.

Things that make you attractive to women according to David D.?

Having a definate purpose in life and actively seeking your goals.

Traveling or being involved with thing that are interesting to women.

Good personal grooming.

Knowing your self-worth so your not nervous talking to women.

Free MP3 here- http://www.mininova.org/tor/953084

I.e.

Self confidence, sincerity (with others, with themself, within there Life.), knowing themself and honoring it all.

Oh, Yes! "Good personal grooming." Is to be complemented for sure, lol

We do not want to catch flees when snuggling with a man!!!

And I don't care if ones into PU's, UPS's, SnM's, Or MnM's

If you've been intimately involved and lost in that special embrace (or any other posture of choice)

Someone on here mentioned getting tested? ALWAYS A SMART thing to do. After any relationship it couldn't hurt. I Know around here they say 4 out of 5 folks have an std.!!!

Why they are wanting to give vaccines to kids who's bodies haven't even finished growing, sheesh.

Good luck Prannaman, You've gotten some good advice up here. She's young but how much are you willing to put yourself through? Support works both ways, if you decide to go that route. You can't do her work for her can only be support and witness to such things. Good luck in whatever decisions life brings your way!

Shon

Have known so MANY PUA's

they do have charm, but they work off of percentages, lol.

Don't go that route, If u do don't go over the top with it!

:P

she said she would do anything to stay with me. I was considering taking her back, not having sex, and going to AA with her. but I don't know if that's how things would work out. I think it's best if I just go through with life. She believes in the taoist way of life, and chakra meditations, and she has access to an intuitive spiritual counselor who use to be an addiction counselor. She said if she wasn't with me, there would be no point for her to do these things that could help her be happy. So hopefully she realizes what's best for her.

That is a really manipulative reply she gave you, a world class psych . Ultimately you can't save others, they have to save themselves. I'd say put some distance.

Michael

OOOooooo.

There needs to be more women bum's on this site, I swear! :rolleyes:

LOL,Who better than women to know what works with "picking up" women!

Dude.

Oh boy, a man. Any man!

Woman, think they know how to play the game from a male side. But the game is not symmetric. What is good to pick up men (just be yourself) is a lousy suggestion for 98% of men to pick up women (there's a 2% of naturals out there).

I tell you more, women do not even understand much about their side of the equation (a), because so much pleasure for them is to be swept out of their feet. When they feel they know what is going on, they lose interest.

This guy has been himself all along. And of course this begets the question "which self?".

But the result he had were less than what he wanted. Should he keep on doing more of the same?

At least he should ask himself, what self does he wants to embody.

And here you are, you have moved from just being yourself, to working on yourself, reaching for yourself, looking for yourself, and working also on your image (gasp!), on your way of interacting with the opposite sex (if I tell each girl I love them and want to have sex, they think I am cute and just want to be my friend? Duh? But I was just being myself).

Luckily most of you do not believe this BS about just being yourself, if not you would not be giving him advices along side.

You know who is really good on picking up women? A woman. A lesbian. They are really good players because they need to be so good to convince a women who thinks at herself as being etherosexual to move at least to thinking at herself as being bi-sexual. Now that needs a lot of attraction to pull that off.

But normal etherosexual women? They are terrible. And they think they are good. There is a myth that they are good. Which is part of the problem.

Yes they have extra senses to pick up what is going on. And extra parts of the brain to process the social situation (B). But this does not help them to help a man. Because the social world a man lives into is so fundamentally different. And when a man can make them intruigued even above and beyond their extra senses, now they are really interested. And who was this guy being? "His PU self", no one else!

NOTE: If you read carefully you would have noticed that statement (a) and statement (B) are in apparent contraddiction. And yet I would stand by both of them. I think it is just that the reality of social interaction is very complex.

Have known so MANY PUA's

they do have charm, but they work off of percentages, lol.

Hi Shon,

that is mostly to get competent.

Things balances out eventually.

Take care,

Pietro

EDIT for clarification (subject, verb :D)

Edited by Pietro

Oh boy, a man. Any man!

Woman, think they know how to play the game from a male side. But the game is not symmetric. What is good to pick up men (just be yourself) is a lousy suggestion for 98% of men to pick up women (there's a 2% of naturals out there).

Hahahaaa, Hey now? I Didn't tell anyone to be themself!?! ;) Most folks Don't know who that is!

Man or Woman! Only "think" I know "It" because I've always lived in it, among it, surrounded by "it"

and watched who fell for "it" and why. Always fun to watch though, definitely stomach turning at times!

I tell you more, women do not even understand much about their side of the equation (a), because so much pleasure for them is to be swept out of their feet. When they feel they know what is going on, they lose interest.

Would have to say the understanding is = among the sexes. How many boys here have had there feet swept away? There are different ways of thinking/being, I know that. Where a guy is into the conquest and a girl may need something to keep her interested, don't deny that just don't like bad pick up artists! lol, I think every girl Should be Raised among men because of all the young things I've seen fall for the junk the "Dolts" so freely hand out! Better a girl learn early in life!

This guy has been himself all along. And of course this begets the question "which self?".

But the result he had were less than what he wanted. Should he keep on doing more of the same?

And here you are, you have moved from just being yourself, to working on yourself, reaching for yourself, looking for yourself, and working also on your image (gasp!), on your way of interacting with the opposite sex (if I tell each girl I love them and want to have sex, they think I am cute and just want to be my friend? Duh? But I was just being myself).

LOL come on now, this is the same, leads on to

"Self confidence, sincerity (with others, with themself, within there Life.), knowing themself and honoring it all."

Do have to know yourself to be confident with yourself?

Oh, I do have a friend like that, your right. He is cute with the little red hand print on his cheek! Sometimes both cheeks, impressive!(consider him a brother... maybe worse than a friend, lol? ) But when he lives his own life and going about life not playing the "comeon" (sp?) game he sure gets a lot more girls interested in him... till he opens his mouth!

Luckily most of you do not believe this BS about just being yourself, if not you would not be giving him advices along side.

You know who is really good on picking up women? A woman. A lesbian. They are really good players because they need to be so good to convince a women who thinks at herself as being etherosexual to move at least to thinking at herself as being bi-sexual. Now that needs a lot of attraction to pull that off.

But normal etherosexual women? They are terrible. And they think they are good. There is a myth that they are good. Which is part of the problem.

Hahaa,yup, ok.

Yes they have extra senses to pick up what is going on. And extra parts of the brain to process the social situation (B). But this does not help them to help a man. Because the social world a man lives into is so fundamentally different. And when a man can make them intruigued even above and beyond their extra senses, now they are really interested. And who was this guy being? "His PU self", no one else!

Blahhhh! nope. PU! LOL, just being a confidant, good guy, hopefully? If playing a role helps? Sure, ok.

NOTE: If you read carefully you would have noticed that statement (a) and statement (B) are in apparent contraddiction. And yet I would stand by both of them. I think it is just that the reality of social interaction is very complex.

Hi Shon,

that is mostly to get competent.

Things balances out eventually.

Take care,

Pietro

Hey, my friend, you doin' good?

;)

Hmm.

Have seen to many unbalanced I guess?

... age, experience hasn't seemed to help them?

They are still dogs humping any stump they find! Some folks I know just Love Love, they are easy to love*blush* ... But then there is the others who seem sadly, usually, emotionally lacking.

I'll watch them for hints of balance though. Might happen.

So how to practice such an art in a balanced way then?

EDIT for clarification (subject, verb :D)

Hey, disclaimer here, I don't know jack by the way, kids!

Do have to check out these videos and books and all, might be good, don't know?

Just drawing from life experience, it's not scientific, real enough though,

so no offense intended to any who enjoy such teachings!

Have fun! (but Play "It" safe... Then get tested?) Sorry for highjacking your thread Prannaman!

I Still believe in being myself.

If one put on an act they may score, however if they then truly want to be with the other person they have to keep being the act they put on to attract the girl in the first place.

When your true self finally comes out - when you are no longer in character you lose.

Now if you want to learn how to interact with a woman that is another story. There is no acting involved.

So I say be yourself. Of course one might have to work on them self and change their image but not as a temporary act.

When a man approaches a woman she already knows subconsciously whether or not she likes him.

If she doesn't like him he can have the coolest line and she will think he is a jerk.

If she likes him he can be nervous, trip, and she will think he is cute.

The only way he can mess up is if he says something gross or is way out of line.

Ask any woman and she will tell you this is the truth.

So i say be yourself and you will sooner or later meet someone who is right for you.

Nice.

Pietro have you checked out "Magic Bullets"? It's probably the best book out there in my opinion. It specifically refers to the part where a girl is deciding whether she thinks you're a jerk or not, and deals with how to bypass that. It's based off of the mystery method. Seriously, it's the best. DYD is a joke in comparison.

I'm not into this stuff anymore, though. Too lazy. Girls aren't worth the trouble. I don't care about the sex anymore, after breaking a few too many hearts, and perhaps becoming a bit more cultivated. And if I get a girl that I like, I'm not the type of guy who is going to be all into her and fit the role of the boyfriend or whatever. I am more like a warrior/hunter type dude who goes off to do his own thing, leaving her. Not for any other reason than I'm more interested in things...like making music, learning, doing qigong, exercising, or whatever else I'm into. I withdraw, and that's my nature...and that's not boyfriend material. :lol:

So...I'm done. B)

I Still believe in being myself.

If one put on an act they may score, however if they then truly want to be with the other person they have to keep being the act they put on to attract the girl in the first place.

When your true self finally comes out - when you are no longer in character you lose.

Now if you want to learn how to interact with a woman that is another story. There is no acting involved.

So I say be yourself. Of course one might have to work on them self and change their image but not as a temporary act.

When a man approaches a woman she already knows subconsciously whether or not she likes him.

If she doesn't like him he can have the coolest line and she will think he is a jerk.

If she likes him he can be nervous, trip, and she will think he is cute.

The only way he can mess up is if he says something gross or is way out of line.

Ask any woman and she will tell you this is the truth.

So i say be yourself and you will sooner or later meet someone who is right for you.

Oh so you still call for your mommy when you have to take a dump? That's tough man. Or do you wear diapers still? :lol:

"Self" is relative.

One example for all, I believed -I really did- that if I liked a woman :wub: , and she liked me :wub: , I should have told her :o . Right:- she likes me, I can see it in her eyes, I like her, so let's just make an honest and frank conversation about it, and let's get together. And 2+2=4. Right? <_<

Wroooooong! :wacko:

This simple clumsy move can make the best, most natural, attraction fade and evaporate like a cloud in the summer sky.

Just sorting out this little detail, learning to keep them guessing, made such a huge impact on my love life, and my success rate.

YES! Its not that women want to be lied to, they want to be romanced and FEEL! You will not get a decent woman with a logical argument. The also unconsciously want a man with status and that doesn't mean money. It means that you just need to play it cool and not be subservient to them. They dont want a little yes man and they dont want an equal. They want someone with higher status than themselves. I know saying that goes against everything they tell you but its the truth.

Scotty..... dude..... if your giving up women because of your Taoist cultivation then I can understand that. But if not..... I have been up in no-womans-land where you live. Maybe you need to come down here some weekend? Bring a cot because I dont have a spare bed and I dont even have a couch since my living room is my taijiquan practice area. My girlfriend has a ton of HOT friends.......

i've been in the epiphany zone lately. Largely thanks to the Work of Byron Katie. I've seen a different way of thinking.

I wasn't mad at her for cheating, I was mad at me for not making her feel special and giving her the attention her father never did. I think this would have made the difference, BUT I would never choose to do that because I'd have to forfeit time out of my life mission, which is not congruent with my core self.

Who am I to judge PUAs? The code of many PUAs is to leave women in a better place than you met them in. That's more than I do for girls I don't even know yet.

My focal point is Yichuan(as it seems to be the most fruitful). Secondary point is questioning my judgements(too, very fruitful). Lastly, visualizations of my future of being a man embodying the yang essence<-- what DeAngelo is all about, and apparently all yin women. But most importantly, this will purify my mission, with or without a girl.

I believe better just to do things you enjoy, get to know people for who they are then while you're having fun maybe just meet someone if you want to - and yes be yourself- lots of relationships start thru shared activities and shared friends some of this pick up stuff seems like very artificial contrivances.

If these artificial contrivances make women happy, and don't interfere with their own free will. Then Is see no reason an individual shouldn't explore the use of them. Especially if it's natural to the person to learn from others and use what they learned. If the person uses these to harm people, that too is his path. We all need to learn are own way, and from the mistakes and experiences from the past.

If a person chooses to be themselves and wait for a girl to show up. That too is a fine way that I imagine is a perfect path for many out there.

Your advice rings true for many.

PS. I'm not a PUA.

i've been in the epiphany zone lately. Largely thanks to the Work of Byron Katie. I've seen a different way of thinking.

I wasn't mad at her for cheating, I was mad at me for not making her feel special and giving her the attention her father never did. I think this would have made the difference, BUT I would never choose to do that because I'd have to forfeit time out of my life mission, which is not congruent with my core self.

Who am I to judge PUAs? The code of many PUAs is to leave women in a better place than you met them in. That's more than I do for girls I don't even know yet.

My focal point is Yichuan(as it seems to be the most fruitful). Secondary point is questioning my judgements(too, very fruitful). Lastly, visualizations of my future of being a man embodying the yang essence<-- what DeAngelo is all about, and apparently all yin women. But most importantly, this will purify my mission, with or without a girl.

You could look into the Joker's stuff, I can't for the life of me remember his name. Maybe it's Dave something. Maybe Pietro knows.

Anyway, I liked him the most of all these PUA guys. He's incredible, heck I almost thought he could've picked me up and I'm not even gay. :lol:

So there was something about guiding a woman, which I never got from my living-with-my-mother-after-they-got-divorced upbringing. Something that obviously adult men knew.

And if momm..., sorry, a woman say so, then it must be right? ;)

Pietro I expected more of you than sly remarks.

Perhaps you are the one with mommy issues.

Oh so you still call for your mommy when you have to take a dump? That's tough man. Or do you wear diapers still? :lol:

This is supposed to be a discussion where one give ideas opinions etc

not childish attacks like na na na your mother wears combat boots. ( ah reminds me of my teens)

This just shows your ignorance.

If you are seventeen or there abouts you might be excused but if

you are older you are socially challenged.

wow, I think the rational conversation about PU just got knocked down a notch. Any further replies on the personal level will not be resourceful for anyone.

I wrote you a thousand words entry explaining how PUA is not acting but an awakening. And how it has to come from the inside and women cannot teach it to you. I shared examples and stories from my life, and have generally marinated the whole entry with my blood, tears, and personal experience. And all you take of this is a line which was meant to be funny. And you call it a sly remark? And you have then the courage to say that you expected more from me?! What more than experience? If you have any experience share it or else shut up!

I think you meant nerve instead of courage

Perhaps you should have put :) after your statement. If you say it was not meant that way then we are fine.

Evidently I am not the only one who took it that way

See Peros post :"Oh so you still call for your mommy when you have to take a dump? That's tough man.

Or do you wear diapers still?"

I gave you my experience.

At the risk of repeating myself it is simply that I have never put on an act with women, always been myself

For me games are nonsense and a waste of time.

I agree that if one has bad manners or is gross and therefore sees they repelled someone, man or woman, they should learn from it and refine themselves. This is just common sense.

IMHO believing women want this or think they want this is counterproductive and buying into myth.

There is no one stereotype - there are all kinds of men and women with different needs and desires.

Find the one that matches yours.

There are times when I have not been in a good place and therefore people kept away. Other times I have been in a great place and no problem. Yes improve yourself for yourself not for others. Stay in that place

and others will want to be around you.

I give sage advice and you refuse to listen :)

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Oh you didn't understand what I meant, it was not an insult, just an example (albeit not skillful), so sorry if I've upset you. What it meant was you can't say you weren't yourself when you were still a baby, and you are yourself now, yet you don't ask for your mom anymore. Does that mean you're not yourself anymore? So hence, self is relative, you can change it to what you want it to be, and it doesn't mean you aren't yourself anymore.

Or you could say you aren't your old self anymore.

(and no, what I said had nothing to do with anything Pietro said)

IMHO believing women want this or think they want this is counterproductive and buying into myth.

There is no one stereotype - there are all kinds of men and women with different needs and desires.

Find the one that matches yours.

It's not about believing. PUAs tend to experiment and see for themselves what works, then they share that knowledge.

Very few girls (unless there's something wrong with them) want to be deceived into bed. But I don't think that's what it's all about. It's more about being able to dodge the barriers that women have set up towards meeting new guys. These days, if you're an attractive guy with a great lifestyle, you can approach 10 women and 9 of them will reject you. It can be for any stupid thing. And once you're rejected, there's no changing it. The judgment is written in stone. You are basically forever a douche bag in her eyes.

This is how it works for nearly every girl. I don't think it's stereotyping, because at least for me, I've found it to be true. Even I do it when I meet new people. Everyone judges based on what they know...it's how we work as human beings.

If you do things the right way, avoiding being judged, then you can easily have a great conversation and get to know her. And it works on almost every girl. And it's not just about sexual stuff...you can use it on everyone, and you'll get along better with them.

You're right when you say, "there are all kinds of men and women with different needs and desires." Finding that out comes after you initially "pick them up". You can't get to know someone if they are closed off to you...so this is about opening them up. Not about deceiving them.

I'm going to make up a new acronym. KTA (keep them artist). And I think this is where the real game is played. It's easy to get laid. But it's hard to find someone you can care about and relate with. It's hard to keep that going.

I don't think learning about this kind of pick up stuff is counter productive to getting in a good relationship. I think it's interesting information that's useful to self development. For everyone...even girls. It's good to learn about how we function, as human beings. It's good to see what we do unconsciously, and bring it to the forefront...so that we can be better people to each other.

Um yeah I don't know how to wrap this up, so ... B)

Oh you didn't understand what I meant, it was not an insult, just an example (albeit not skillful), so sorry if I've upset you. What it meant was you can't say you weren't yourself when you were still a baby, and you are yourself now, yet you don't ask for your mom anymore. Does that mean you're not yourself anymore? So hence, self is relative, you can change it to what you want it to be, and it doesn't mean you aren't yourself anymore.

Or you could say you aren't your old self anymore.

(and no, what I said had nothing to do with anything Pietro said)

It takes a bit more to upset me. :)

It's more about being able to dodge the barriers that women have set up towards meeting new guys. These days, if you're an attractive guy with a great lifestyle, you can approach 10 women and 9 of them will reject you. It can be for any stupid thing. And once you're rejected, there's no changing it. The judgment is written in stone. You are basically forever a douche bag in her eyes.

Women want to meet men just as men want to meet women.

Maybe even more so as in most cultures there are more women then men.

I would examine those stupid little things the men are doing.

An objective view point might help - perhaps a woman friend.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Women want to meet men just as men want to meet women.

Maybe even more so as in most cultures there are more women then men.

That's true, but they tend to sabotage themselves constantly.

I would examine those stupid little things the men are doing.

An objective view point might help - perhaps a woman friend.

That's what learning about this stuff is all about. ;)

hey guys im an old romantic beyond repair and just want to share some things.

wathced that old movie serendipity about faith and synchronisity yesterday and

cried my heart out its such a girliemovie. im such a girl.

whatever.

today I was lucky enough to share a conversation and listen to a guy telling how he wanted

to leave his wife but decided he did not want to until she really understood why,

..-they ended up getting together again...

"we are totally different he says"

then the other couple present said, "we were married but split up, now we are good friends"..

a pua looking for a recepy is just fighting boredome/fear/(that said, fighting boredome is a chivalrous task I think, and fighting fear is sweet just admit it its all familiar, and in addition if one finds a pattern it is finallly possible to communicate, if all was random, *shuddersandshivers* it would be incomprehensible).

Edited by rain

^it's about getting a foot in the door. Once a relationships starts, that's completely different. PUA deals with the superficial connection, beyond that the real adventure begins. :)

Sign in to follow this