Gerard

Remove fluoride from water supply

I think the key to safe tea drinking is in brewing it weakly, the way it's traditionally done in China. The traditional method of putting a few tea leaves in a pot, and keep refilling the pot throughout the day, makes for a vey weak beverage tea with negligible fluoride content.

You also want to consider that a strongly brewed tea is dehydrating, so that's another reason to drink very weakly brewed tea.

This is where I got upset: People discuss how bad fluoridised water is and it turns out that a cup of grean tea (which I enjoy because it is just tasty) turns out to have more fluoride than daily tap water consumption.

I enjoy the taste of tea, so rather than drinking weak tea I better drink just water.

The other thing is that sencha (japanese kind of grean tea) reportedly contains much less of fluoride. But again, I understand all that hugely depends on the actual field where tea is picked.

Yoda,

How do you take kelp, as actual food or as a supplement?

just as a supplement, but I'm sure you can score it straight up which would be funner.

Hi there all, Durkhrod, to my knowledge flouride is very difficult to actually filter out using any method, for drinking/cooking i would suggest a water tank, i guess this depends on wether you live in a flat or a house, if u live in a flat your screwed! but if you live in a house and are worried about cost or are renting you could just get a big plastic barrel or container with a spigot in it stick it under the down pipe and you're away... to remineralize rain water or filtered water i use minplus a type of organic full mineral spectrum rock dust thats mined from a quarry in innisvale qld you want the fine grade it doesnt have many distributors but if u email them they will give you the suppliers for the brisbane area, they sell it as a natural fertilser but alot of people take it internally in aus mainly body electronics enthusiasts, its only $15 for 10kg and i usually just put a couple of pinches in so its very inexpensive, i myself live in a flat on the sunshine coast in qld so will soon have to resort to visiting my mother for my drinking/cooking supply she has well and rain water, as for showering/bathing dont have long ones or you could even resort to the thrifty indian bucket wash method, anyways hope this helps james

I am trying this to defluoridate my body:

1) 3-10mg of supplemental boron daily (3mg is conservative, they say 10-18mg is the upper limit)

2) Tamarind (a very tart, tangy, fruity seedpod you can actually buy at most grocery stores and I've just been eating raw)

tamarind-cut-big.jpg

3) Iodine won't displace fluorine itself - since it has a higher atomic weight. (The halogen with the lower atomic weight will always chemically displace one with a higher atomic weight.) Although, it could replenish thyroid stores once the fluorine has already been removed by other means...

You don't want to open up a faucet before making sure the drain function is working properly.
Good way to put it! :D Edited by vortex

Anyway, the body will replace fluorine with iodine when made available. They both fit in the sane receptor sites, but the body will always replace with the correct molecue with a stronger charge......alway. Once the pineal is free from fluorine, iron, and pathogens the crystal palace forms ina a perfectly natural way, and very quickly too :) ;

I guess eating some kinds of seaweed will be quite nice for that yeah?:)

would they not bad press, and lie about how carbon filters work, or anything else for that matter?

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=lignite+supplement&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=11&ct=title Willard Water Willard Water XXX Dark

This special formulation contains high concentrations of nourishing lignite organics, which give it its distinctive dark color.

Add to Shopping List

Lignite mine at Beulah, North Dakota

Maybe a lignite water filter would be easyer sometimes than bottled lignite water

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=%2...oeken&meta=

Edited by froggie

It's not that iodine effects fluorine in a direct way. Fluorine, and iodine fit into the same receptor sites. Your body will replace one for another.
Anyway, the body will replace fluorine with iodine when made available. They both fit in the sane receptor sites, but the body will always replace with the correct molecue with a stronger charge......alway. Once the pineal is free from fluorine, iron, and pathogens the crystal palace forms ina a perfectly natural way, and very quickly too :) ;
Um, I believe you got that backwards... :(
fluorine, being a halogen (chemically related to iodine), but very much more active, displaces iodine. So that the uptake of iodine is compromised by the ejection, as it were, of the iodine by fluorine.
Fluorine being the most electronegative halogen can displace all the other elements of this group (chlorine, bromine and iodine) from the aqueous solution of their salts.

Iodine being the least electronegative of the halogens cannot displace any other halogen from their respective halides.

thyroid gland helpfully stores iodine from the blood passing through it every 17 minutes, the gland may also be made to lose that stored iodine if, for example, we take in drinking water to which chlorine is added, or use too much sodium chloride, whose common name is table salt. There is a well-known law of halogen displacement. The halogen group is made up as follows:

Halogen Relative Atomic Weight

Fluorine 19.

Chlorine 35.5

Bromine 80.

Iodine 127.

The critical activity of any one of these four halogens is in inverse proportion to its atomic weight. This means that any one of the four can displace the element with a higher atomic weight, but cannot displace an element with a lower atomic weight. For example, fluorine can displace chlorine, bromine and iodine because fluorine has a lower atomic weight than the other three. Similarly, chlorine can displace bromine and iodine because they both have a higher atomic weight. Likewise, bromine can displace iodine from the body because iodine has a higher atomic weight. But a reverse order is not possible. A knowledge of this well-known chemical law brings us to a consideration of the addition of chlorine to our drinking water as a purifying agent. We secure a drinking water that is harmful to the body not because of its harmful germ content but because the chlorine content now causes the body to lose the much-needed iodine.

Now, as you can see from this ranking, iodine can thus get replaced by fluorine, chlorine & bromine! But not vice-versa. :(

Well, fluorine is often in our water now, as well as many other sources...

Our water is also typically chlorinated...

And bromine is often in bread, amongst other sources!

And since all 3 of these halogens displace iodine...well, that's a triple-threat! Ergo the need to thus avoid these sources when possible, and also chelate them out of our body as well.

Not to mention, iodine supplementation can also be used, but at minimal levels of perhaps 2-4 drops per week (depending on bodyweight).

Edited by vortex

wow what an awesome topic :lol:

so what seems to be the general consensus here?

take low dose iodine..

check out boron supplements..

so what seems to be the general consensus here?

take low dose iodine..

check out boron supplements..

Yup, but don't discount tamarind, either...

I don't know how it works, but studies have shown that it does:

Karen suggested a homeopathic remedy: bioplasma. I'm taking it. Have no idea how effective it is, but can't hurt.

I wonder if a bit of amaroli would help along those lines too. :)

Yup, but don't discount tamarind, either...

I don't know how it works, but studies have shown that it does:

Nice, heaps of it in Thailand, none of it here where I currently live, Brisbane, Australia. What a pity!

Tamarind juices are awesome. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Plenty of tamarind trees here. I get my friends to collect them for me when they see some, love them.

But I only eat them because they are tasty (disturbing photo btw :lol: they don't look tasty!)

just wanted to let everyone know here that they sell iodized salt (why all salt doesn't contain it - i don't know).

41BivZR2WkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

cutting out toothpaste and using baking soda, using iodized salt along with tamarind consumption amongst other things should do the trick!

Table salt is acid forming and dehydrating, not a good food even if it contains iodine. Any salt that's white, even what's sold as "sea salt" is just refined sodium chloride.

Guest winpro07

iodine displaces fluorine from cell receptors where iodine belongs.

Brown coal or lignite binds with fluorine and makes it inert.

Willard water has lignite in it.

Calcium found in many soils binds with fluorine.

http://www.herbvita.net/ this stuff has and works

Table salt is acid forming and dehydrating, not a good food even if it contains iodine. Any salt that's white, even what's sold as "sea salt" is just refined sodium chloride.

What do you think?

I think humans are stupid. Isn't it well documented that fluoride causes problems for humans? And yet they started putting it in the water in Australia, when they have gotten along just fine without it for god knows how long...

Here's some shocking news as well: peoples' teeth are still going to fall out. :lol: Crumby diet will do that :lol:

Edited by 11:33