mwight

Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?

Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?

• I Usually Meditate 1 Hour Every Day or At Least 7 Hours Every Week.
    • I Usually Meditate 2+ Hours Per Day or 14+ Hours Per Week.
    • I Usually Meditate At Least Once A Week, But Under 7 Total Hours Per Week.
    • I Rarely Meditate.
    • I Don't Meditate At All.

What is Shi Ne?

Shi Ne = Zhine

Basically, gazing at an object, not blinking, mouth wide open, spine erect - an exercise to tame the mind. However, although it does tame the mind, once you are able to practice with little or no tears, I have found it to be a powerful energy practice.

I'm trying to just stay on a regular committed schedule, even if it only amounts to a measly 20 minutes a day.

:( 20 minutes is okay! I used to meditate for only 15 minutes a day before bed. I have finally moved up to 20 minutes followed by prayer. I think it would be cool if i could sit for 30 or 45 minutes, but I don't really know what the advantages are...not right now. I'm just taking things in stride right now...the other night when my timer chimed, I felt like I could sit for another 5 minutes-- so maybe 20 minutes is not long enough now? I don't know...

What is Shi Ne?

I think it's more commonly known as shamatha, perhaps you know it under this name? Shine is in Tibetan.

Edited by Pero

I do 30 minutes standing immediately upon waking(Zhan Zhuang) , following by 30 minutes seated stillness meditation. Around sunset I do about 1.5 hours of QiGong.

Edit: Spelling :/

Edited by DaoChild

I usually do about an hour of practice per day. The practice itself varies based on what I need to accomplish.

Ideally, I'd be practicing 3 hours...but then there wouldn't be time for taobums! :lol:

I practice 24 hrs a day. Meditation in life Stillness-Movement.

Concentrated practice only 3-6 hrs per day. Kinda slacking off in my old age. I like to make a little time for beer qigong.

Will NEVER do regular meditation again. Stillness-Movement meditative neigong surpasses it in every way for me.

• Like 1

Vortex,

Thanks, I teach many rare systems but the one that I have spoken here is Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm " Hun Yuan Yi Qi Zhuang" from WuTai Shan.

I got many realizations and awakenings, lots of out of body mostly traveling in the Universe and just pure stillness when im out NOTHINGNESS, cant even describe it too hard to explain what I felt but its BLISS pure ectsacy.

The system is all based on spiritual animals, gods, universe, earth, heavens, yin yang, 5 elements, different Jings.

Anyway just some information hope that helped answer your question?

Spirit Ape name is in the form and it works on moon Qi kung....

Spirit Ape observes the Moon.

Spirit Ape

Edited by Spirit Ape

Ape,

Where are the DVDs you're coming out with man!? I am patiently waiting!

Ya Mu,

Concentrated practice only 3-6 hrs per day. Kinda slacking off in my old age. I like to make a little time for beer qigong.

:lol:

Yeah I'd love to check out your workshop this month, Michael, but now things are looking even worse financially for me. Oh well, go with the flow..things happen for a reason. If something amazing happens, I will give you a call and drive down. It would be fun to learn about "beer qigong"...but only in moderation!

1 1/2 to 2 hours per day lately. Stillness-Movement (sitting, standing) & Gift of the Tao.

Working my way up to a 24 hour practice.

For the first time it actually does seem possible.

:)

Edited by mgd

Vortex,

Thanks, I teach many rare systems but the one that I have spoken here is Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm " Hun Yuan Yi Qi Zhuang" from WuTai Shan.

I got many realizations and awakenings, lots of out of body mostly traveling in the Universe and just pure stillness when im out NOTHINGNESS, cant even describe it too hard to explain what I felt but its BLISS pure ectsacy.

The system is all based on spiritual animals, gods, universe, earth, heavens, yin yang, 5 elements, different Jings.

Anyway just some information hope that helped answer your question?

Spirit Ape name is in the form and it works on moon Qi kung....

Spirit Ape observes the Moon.

Spirit Ape

Wow, very cool, SA! Sounds very interesting...

mc-teacher-connie.jpg.w180h281.jpg

I'd love to learn more about it...sounds like the Taoist underpinning of liuhebafa:

Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jeung (混元一气掌, Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm) is a Taoist internal martial art which includes chi gung exercises, meditation, push-hands, and the Wun Yuen set of forms. The style of Wun Yuen was founded in the Han Dynasty (206BC - 220AD) by two of the senior disciples of Taoist Master Lao Tzu, named Ngai Bak Yeung and Chiu Chi who developed the style in order to attain and develop the Six Unions. The first five Unions involve focusing on co-ordination of the Body, Heart, Intention, Chi, Spirit, and Movement. The sixth Union outlines the unifying of Movement and Void, that is, the co-ordination of the previous five Unions without the need to focus on them, actions become reflex. This is the Taoist principle of Wu Wei or non-doing, action is spontaneous and effortless.

Wun Yuen Yut Hei means Primordial First Chi, or Original First Breath which refers to the primordial chaos that existed before the dualities of Yin and Yang were formed. Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jeung can also be know as Hun Yuan Yi Qi Zhang (Mandarin), or WYYHG.

THE HISTORY OF WUN YUEN There is little known about Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jeung, beyond that it was created in around 206BC by the Taoist monks Ngai Bak Yeung and Chui Chi. Ngai and Chui were the senior disciples of Lao Tzu, the Taoist sage who lived during the Han Dynasty. Wun Yuen was handed down over the generations to Taoist Monks within the temples and remained a closely guarded art. The Wun Yuen Kung International Martial Arts Association traces its lineage from Sung Sai Wai from Mount Ng-Toi (Wu Tai Shan) who was the first man outside of the Taoist temples to be taught the system. In around 1917 Sung began teaching the Lee family (Lee Cheung Wah, his older brother Lee Cheong Wing and their uncle, Lee Chun Yee) the system of Wun Yuen. In the later part of his life (around 1960), Lee Cheung Wah then taught the system to a Liu He Ba Fa (LHBF) Sifu named Lo Chi Wan who met him while practicing LHBF in the Botanical Gardens in Hong Kong. In 1984 Lo Chi Wan began teaching Wun Yuen to His LHBF student Cornelius Coelho, who later became a Sifu in both systems. Sifu Coelho has since moved to Australia where he formed the Wun Yuen Kung International Martial Arts Association. Sifu Coelho is no longer taking new students in Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jeung.

Hun Yuan, an exercise once believed a separate school of teaching and a separate principle, seems to have become part or was part of the 'water-style' before the teaching of LiuHe BaFa as an exercise-system in Nanking. Thus, for the water-style, LHBF-school, there are at least five (5) known crossovers: the water-style to the LiuHe BaFa, the hun-yuan 'spiral-pulse', the tai-chi 'waving', the Lu Hung 8-strategies [which distinguishes LHBF from earlier fluid waterstyle ] and the Yi Quan standing and stepping.

Master Connie Coelho learned LHBF and Wun Cheun Yut Hay Geun (Cantonese)WCYHG, which pre-dates LHBF from a Taosit Priest, Master Lo Che-Yuen, in Hong Kong ...after he was injured from Competiiton in Thailand and Singapore (He was known as one of the 5 Tigers of Choy Lay Fat) He was taught LHBF, WCYHG and TCM to both heal himself and to strengthen himself after he got injured. I hadn't even finished mastering LHBF so he never mentioned WCYHG to me. WCYHG, of which I have a Video, is more than twice as long as LHBF, more intricate, flowing and powerful. Even Connie says that he has never met or heard of any one who knows of WCYHG. He immigrated to Sydney, Australia back in 1980's and has continued to teach there. He is a true master of the Martial Arts as he has mastered the art, applied the Martial principles and is able to generate real power

I am sure you are thinking that the above is too good to be true. Bear with me and check it out. You may be surprised. In the meantime, I am still looking for some who may have also studied from Master Lo Che-Yuen who may have immigrated to Canada or the US.

WUN YUEN YAT HEI CHEUNG

Wun Yuen is a unique style of Taoist Internal Martial Art founded by Ngai Bak Yeung and Chiu Chi, the senior disciples of LO TZE, during the Han Dynasty (206 BC - 220 AD). The training involves meditation, Chi Gung exercises and the Wun Yuen Set of Forms which are divided into two halves. The first half involves more hand and palm techniques and the second half emphasize more on the leg techniques. Through doing the exercises correctly, one can develop peace of mind and better blood circulation, resulting in achieving a healthy mind and body. The purpose of the exercises are to attain the Six Unions namely:

- Body and Heart (Mind)

- Heart (Mind) and Intention

- Intention and Breath (Chi)

- Breath (Chi) and Spirit (Spirit is defined as emanating in the eyes and aura of a great warrior

- Spirit and Movements

- Movements and Void (i.e. After having achieved the Five Unions, you have to forget focusing on the Five Unions when effecting a Strike or Movement).

When the Six Unions are achieved the focusing on the co-ordination of Body/Heart/Intention/Chi/Spirit are no longer required in order to deliver an effective striking technique. To achieve the Sixth Union (this is the final stage) the practitioner must train the Buttock Muscles to manipulate the movement of the arms when doing the Form Set or striking techniques without having to use the top body muscles. The Buttock Muscles are trained to a stage where without thought or focus the arms are automatically manipulated to effect a striking technique or movement. At this stage the Sixth Union is successfully completed.

The successful joining of the Six Unions will improve health and martial art effectiveness. At this stage when you deliver a technique in self-defense, the movement is so relaxed and effortless that it helps to conserve your energy. It also makes the technique faster and more explosive and does not telegraph your intention to make a Strike. Although there is no focus in delivering a powerful strike, because of the joining of the Six Unions, the Strike will automatically encompass the Five Unions without having to focus on it.

To achieve the Six Unions the practitioner must perform the following exercises preferably daily in order to have good results :-

- Standing Meditation (Minimum 1 hour; this will help cultivate the Chi and strengthen the internal organs)

- Chi Gung exercises (repeat each exercise 9 times) ensures it is done slowly using the Buttock Muscles. This is very important, as the exercises will train the Buttock Muscles to move the arms in different angles and directions. Through constant practice the practitioner will be able to deliver a technique or movement using the Buttock Muscles automatically without having to focus on the Buttock Muscles. The exercises also help cultivate the Chi and strengthen the internal organs. Chi Gung exercises actually are certain movements, extracted from the Wun Yuen Form for people who only wanted to cultivate the Chi and the internal organs to improve their health.

- Practising the Wun Yuen Form using the buttock muscles throughout to manipulate the arms. One can describe the Wun Yuen Set as a whole series of Chi Gung exercises. The set is designed to improve the performance of the Buttock Muscles, cultivate the Chi and strengthen the internal organ.

- Ensure that the above exercises are practised without focus or intention especially the meditation and Chi Gung exercises. Keep in mind, focusing and intention when doing the exercises will stress the internal organs and disturbs the Breath.

So, I'm guessing your teacher is Cornelius "Connie" Coelho?
During his younger years, Master Connie was an expert of Choy Li Fut and was unbeatable in his art in Hongkong. He defeated many respectable sparring partners at the time, such as Bruce Lee.

history6.jpg

Master Lo felt that Master Connie was ready to learn his secret internal martial art of Wan Yuen. So, Master Lo patiently passed on the secrets of this art to Master Connie. Master Connie eventually became Master Lo's best Wan Yuen student.

And just curious - is this related to Feng Zhiqiang's Hun Yuan Taijiquan and what is the "hunyuan spiral pulse?"

Hi Vortex,

Yes, that is my WYG Sifu, he is awesome! Alot of the information posted in that information is LHBF not WYG methods to be honest, but my Sifu also is a Master of LHBF which this is what he used or someone used. WYYHJ has is complete own 7 character poetry not 5 like LHBF. The form according to my Sifu is older then LHBF I did have a WY website up but its down at present. I have a WY Clip made just cant compress it to put up online.

regards

Spirit Ape