baloneyx

Differentiating Yin and Yang in your body

why don't you all just accept that the mo pai door is closed? even if jim teaches you level 1 or 2 that's all you'll ever get, level 1 or 2 (which isn't much in terms of spiritual evolution).

Well hey there Jah Nigga, how are you? It's very ignorant to make assumptions, as they saying goes, and I know you know it very well, you make an ASS out of U and ME. I can make this assumption with 100% accuracy, someone named Jah Nigga has never even had any experience or contact with anyone of the Mo Pai. There are reasons for things being said and done a certain way, one reason is to keep people like yourself from making any contact with Sifu. I'm not psychic but neither are you seeing as how far off you are but I can say with confidence that you are young and with your specific immaturity comes ignorance. Nice chatting you JN

i spoke with jim a few times until he told me he wanted money for the teachings, at which point in time i said no. there are also people on this forum that DO have experience with the mo pai and say it's a dead path, so no, only you seem to be making an ass out of yourself.

here's an excerpt from one of my emails

3] as a rough estimate how long did you meditate for in the beginning (level 1) and how many times a day did you?

(It took me ten years to pass to level 2b. However, in the beginning I didn't do but about a half hour a day for many years because of some problems I had physically. But what you ask is kind of hard because there are sign you have that let you know when it is time to move onto the next level.)

sticking to one practice for ten years isn't something everyone can or will do; not to mention there are other paths that produce results much faster. also, note that he said there are certain signs you must look for, if you aren't meeting with a teacher in person this type of training is pointless.

Edited by mantis

i spoke with jim a few times until he told me he wanted money for the teachings, at which point in time i said no. there are also people on this forum that DO have experience with the mo pai and say it's a dead path, so no, only you seem to be making an ass out of yourself.

here's an excerpt from one of my emails

sticking to one practice for ten years isn't something everyone can or will do; not to mention there are other paths that produce results much faster. also, note that he said there are certain signs you must look for, if you aren't meeting with a teacher in person this type of training is pointless.

Jah Nigga...I can only hope that you grow out of your ignorance. I'm guessing that you are what 18 or 19? Not meaning it as an insult against all young children but it's just obvious. Jah Nigga, if I were to say the sky is brown with a rainbow flowing through it would you believe me? What if other people who decided to hop on here after reading that the sky is brown with a rainbow through it and thinking that it's cool they decided to talk falsely about it and say that it was indeed brown with a rainbow going through it? Would you really believe such nonsense? I'd certainly hope not. Do yourself a favor and only speak on things that you KNOW. The school is most definitely closed, to egotistical idiots. That was the problem with, specifically, us americans is that we, as a bunch, are cocky and have bloated egos and think we should receive everything. Like having your mother tuck you into bed and reading a nice tale and pulling the covers up to your cozy little neck. We as a whole are spoiled and that shows. We want and demand everything so why would someone who knows and sees the negative in almost every westerner he meets want to teach westerners? For that matter why would he want to teach anyone seeing as how most people nowadays have egos? He wouldnt and for the most part he doesnt. Is it closed? Yes and no. Jah Nigga maybe you should cough up a plane ticket and hunt him down for yourself and ask him over some nice chat and tea>

hello MPWay,

my age is publicly displayed on this forum, i don't know why you'd want to assume. :lol:

what nonsense am i believing? i corresponded directly with jim himself, the only person who is openly teaching us westerners. i really have no idea what you're talking about in that barely coherent wall of text you posted but it still remains, john chang doesn't want to be bothered.

peace

sticking to one practice for ten years isn't something everyone can or will do; not to mention there are other paths that produce results much faster.

What paths would those be?

*is curious*

hello MPWay,

my age is publicly displayed on this forum, i don't know why you'd want to assume. :lol:

what nonsense am i believing? i corresponded directly with jim himself, the only person who is openly teaching us westerners. i really have no idea what you're talking about in that barely coherent wall of text you posted but it still remains, john chang doesn't want to be bothered.

peace

A man of good heart and will is a man that bothers noone. I guarantee you that if you of good heart, mind and intention, the doors are never closed.

Ha! your stupid-ass (like mine) comments are barely worth reading! Haven't heard of BIGU apparently? Try Chemistry Professor RUSTOM ROY -- he did an academic conference on dry fasting. http://springforestqigong.com -- Chunyi Lin, from whom I took classes, spent a month in a cave -- sitting in full-lotus the whole time, taking NO WATER, NO FOOD and NO SLEEP. So you've just proven how idiotic westerners are haven't you! And flies? I've been playing with one for the past half hour -- animals are attracted to the electromagnetic energy but the fly reaction time is 12 times faster than a humans: one 50th of a second compared to one 4th of a second. Qigong master Chunyi Lin can just use his energy field to keep insects away from him or anyone around him. HA! Don't believe it? Well Qigong master Chunyi Lin just coauthored a chapter for the Mayo Clinic complementary medicine textbook, along with oncologist dr. Nisha Manek.

I'll tell you how it works from experience since you're obviously under the position that you are totally oblivious to what I'm talking about: The pineal gland, once magnetized, can create water through some sort of reverse electrolysis. So the water flows down through the roof of the mouth, created from the atmosphere as ambient energy.

It's not that the energy is practical but it's that the energy is the secret to the truth of reality, whereas Michio Kaku relies on the wrong logical paradigm.

Oops just killed that fly, sorry folks.

Edited by drew hempel

If you are really serious about learning yin and yang differentiation, start building your foundations up. When i first started serious meditation I was doing a lot of stake exercise, and keeping the mind clear. I would meditate standing for 1 hr minimum everyday+ other things. I'm not of advanced age, but its sort of the exercises where lot of experts start.

As for meditation techniques being dangerous, i have heard of people who have had severe malfunctions, esp when they start too young. We all really don't know enough about the intricacies, but be brave and try and be logical.

Goodluck

Oh yeah well my friend's uncle's cousin's sister's cousin's uncle's knows about this one guy who had his head explode while doing QIGONG!!!! Haha, ok I guess qigong, using qigong sinces it's the fad now, can be dangerous. Doing qigong in the middle of an African Safari or in a bear cave in the middle of summer, or maybe underwater in the ocean after youve just cut yourself, or of course DONT PRACTICE IN THE ROAD!!! Traffic is a big no no!!! Dont do qigong after eating 2 pieces of bread, one and a half slice of cheese and three slices of thick cut turkey with a teaspoon of light mayo and mustard either, the combination throws your chi off and your body will literally fall apart. :huh:

Oh yeah well my friend's uncle's cousin's sister's cousin's uncle's knows about this one guy who had his head explode while doing QIGONG!!!! Haha, ok I guess qigong, using qigong sinces it's the fad now, can be dangerous. Doing qigong in the middle of an African Safari or in a bear cave in the middle of summer, or maybe underwater in the ocean after youve just cut yourself, or of course DONT PRACTICE IN THE ROAD!!! Traffic is a big no no!!! Dont do qigong after eating 2 pieces of bread, one and a half slice of cheese and three slices of thick cut turkey with a teaspoon of light mayo and mustard either, the combination throws your chi off and your body will literally fall apart. :huh:

that's probably why the mo pai is closed to westerners

;)

I keep hearing about "Longmen pai". Im curious to know at which point the everyday dragon gate sect (an old branch of the quanzhen school) who's teachings are relatively accessible became the mysterious "Longmen Pai" - an ancient esoteric sounding mystical art, (supposedly) headed by the infamous Wang Liping!

that's probably why the mo pai is closed to westerners

;)

The mo pai is as closed to westerners as anything else. Have you seen the sign in an establishment that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Same applies to the mo pai. I made that comment out of sarchasm. The point is that IT'S AS DANGEROUS AS YOUR MIND PERCEIVES IT. It's not dangerous. I make this statement over and over and over. Old, 80 yr old people who have never done anything like qigong or yoga, etc, start training in this all the time AND ARE FINE! Is it because old people are more invincible than us younger people? No. It's because the danger is a myth. A myth to keep the student teacher relationship open. The only teacher you need is openmindedness. Open your mind and you can gain in leaps and bounds. The problem is that society puts this whole block in your eyes and mind so that you think what youre seeing is real when in reality it isnt. Running a marathon in the arctic in shorts only isnt reality to most people but to a certain tummo practitioner its his reality. Take that shit out of your eyes. The only danger is ignorance and you my friend are a walking time bomb. :o

I am curious about why some people maintain that some practices are dangerous. If I understand it correctly Mo Pai is not the only tradition that has restricted access because it's supposedly dangerous. From what I was told Bruce K. Frantzis also restricts a lot because putting it on DVDs or books does not provide enough safeguards for people attempting on their own.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. It's only just what I heard. I take the attitude that somewhere, somebody - probably a lot of somebodies individually at different times and places - discovered these assorted practices, etc all on their own. My guess is they did it just by paying attention and letting the Chi, Shen or whatever else they were discovering 'go it's own way' so to speak. Then they just took note of the results. And maybe - like a researcher - tried changing one thing. Presto...another Qi Gong method or Meditation practice or whatnot is born. Perhaps it's similar to what Shamans did (and maybe still do) in traditional clans and tribes.

That's what I've been trying to do. While I am practicing Frantzis's and Lam's Standing and Dissolving method and Frantzis Breathing Meditation steps there are times when I just take the attitude of a curious bystander. I start by noticing where ever the Chi seems most noticeable then keep my attention on it and kind of sit back and see what it decides to do or even if it decides to do anything at all.

I did this today and noticed something I've never noticed before. It's like there are 2 separate Chi's in me - if that makes any sense.

The Chi down my back feels whispy, very cool, gentle, ghostlike. The Chi down my front I feel much more strongly. It feels hot, more 'in your face' and active. Very weird.

I would sit here and say maybe my Chi let me feel it's Yin and Yang aspects except what I felt is the opposite of what I read in this thread! Supposedly Yang is down the back and Yin down the front. That's not what I felt. Very odd. Of course I still have many problems from my back injury so perhaps that's why it feels so mixed up. Go figure...

I keep hearing about "Longmen pai". Im curious to know at which point the everyday dragon gate sect (an old branch of the quanzhen school) who's teachings are relatively accessible became the mysterious "Longmen Pai" - an ancient esoteric sounding mystical art, (supposedly) headed by the infamous Wang Liping!

Long = Dragon

Men = Gate

Pai = School

Mystery = Zero.

I am curious about why some people maintain that some practices are dangerous. If I understand it correctly Mo Pai is not the only tradition that has restricted access because it's supposedly dangerous. From what I was told Bruce K. Frantzis also restricts a lot because putting it on DVDs or books does not provide enough safeguards for people attempting on their own.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. It's only just what I heard. I take the attitude that somewhere, somebody - probably a lot of somebodies individually at different times and places - discovered these assorted practices, etc all on their own. My guess is they did it just by paying attention and letting the Chi, Shen or whatever else they were discovering 'go it's own way' so to speak. Then they just took note of the results. And maybe - like a researcher - tried changing one thing. Presto...another Qi Gong method or Meditation practice or whatnot is born. Perhaps it's similar to what Shamans did (and maybe still do) in traditional clans and tribes.

Actually, you're close... only the one important part you've left out is that, centuries ago, there was one head researcher and a series of extremely willing "disciples" (Guinea Pigs?) all working in the way you've described above. When the head researcher got an idea regarding a new cultivation possibility he would have one of the disciples try it. This often ended up killing the disciple. Notes would be made, and things would carry on in the same fashion until the possibilities were exhausted, and a map was created. This ended up costing 100s of lives and taking a long-assed time.

There are areas in your body which, if flooded with Qi, will literally end your life.

I don't care who doesn't believe what I'm saying as they sit in their armchair, anyone can do the research themselves; as this sort of thing has been documented and is not any sort of big secret (short of the hows and whys of the related deaths - I don't believe that we're privy to the coroner's reports).

On a related note, all of this talk about the body having some natural defence and "emergency mode" is totally ridiculous. If it did then why do people die from cancer? Or die from ANYTHING? Your own mind plays an enormous role in how healthy you are, and how healthy you remain. If you cultivate, and raise your awareness to unreal levels then yes, you probably will have the ability to notice what's going on in your body and foresee the results, thus avoiding those negative influences which cause you disease in the first place. THAT is your defence mode.... you learn to be your own night watchman.

I also hope that that comment above, questioning why we shouldn't try to learn MoPai from John Chang's uh.. "videos", isn't serious. Unless there's been some MoPai blackbeltseminarDVDcertification video that's recently dropped of which I am not aware ? If so, I will gladly stand unabashedly corrected.

hi drew, a question, do you know how easy or difficult (more or less) is it to magnetize the pineal?

The pineal gland, once magnetized, can create water through some sort of reverse electrolysis. So the water flows down through the roof of the mouth, created from the atmosphere as ambient energy.