mwight

Offtopic: Naruto Learns Qigong

One of my RL friends told me Naruto in the comic book was learning qigong, so I decided to read it. Seems pretty cool.

15.jpg

16.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Edited by mwight

One of my guilty pleasures is anime. Naruto often has a nice eastern jive to it. The Avatar is even better. For Manga its hard to top the old black and white series, Lone Wolf and Cub. It was made into a movie too, quite a long time ago.

I think they've finished shooting the graphic novel 'Watchmen'. It was an amazing book.

Michael

There's a lot of Japanese manga/anime series out there that definitely has some interesting connections to martial arts and other forms of self cultivation. Sure it's a little bit blown out of proportion for the sake of cool fight sequences, but it's still nice to see :D

normally I wouldn't have posted anything about anime here on the bums, but the whole achieving death through stillness meditation really resonated with me.

• Like 1

That's a cool bit from Hunter X Hunter :) I haven't seen much of that series, but it seems kind of interesting...

And as long as we're pointing out series, the manga/anime Shaman King is quite good and talks about some interesting topics that may resonate/inspire a different viewpoint.

• Like 1

That's a cool bit from Hunter X Hunter smile.gif I haven't seen much of that series, but it seems kind of interesting...

And as long as we're pointing out series, the manga/anime Shaman King is quite good and talks about some interesting topics that may resonate/inspire a different viewpoint.

This is from Shaman King:

shaman-king-174151.jpg

shaman-king-174152.jpg

The pre-birth "furyoku" sounds a lot like the life force or the pre-birth chi. Also the "death" he is talking about sounds a lot like deep meditation. Here is the training he goes trough:

shaman-king-174160.jpg

shaman-king-174161.jpg

Sounds a lot like a deep meditative state, doesn't it.

• Like 1

Shaman King looks pretty badass. My own guilty manga pleasure is One Piece. :P

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

I need to watch some different manga

I love dragon ball z series have seen it a few times over..its like the king of motivation haha

Shaman King looks pretty badass. My own guilty manga pleasure is One Piece. :P

My 2 cents, Peace

Oh, that one is really fun to read. It's mostly comedy but has some cool serious parts.

I'm following 3 mangas and this is one of them :D