sunshine

spine training?

I notice that much of my breathing restriction has to do with my spine being quite "stiff". Even if the spontaenous Qi gong works exactly on my stiff spine the next day it is like the spinal bones got fixed to each other again...

any cures you know of?

Harry

I notice that much of my breathing restriction has to do with my spine being quite "stiff". Even if the spontaenous Qi gong works exactly on my stiff spine the next day it is like the spinal bones got fixed to each other again...

any cures you know of?

Harry

5530[/snapback]

This is something I myself am researching because I noticed the same thing. It may just be the nature of how our connective tissue operates. When you sleep for several hours you are essentially inactive. This inactivity allows the fascia to 'harden'. As we get older, this process happens much faster.

However, I'm not giving up yet. I've been turned on to aryuvedic principles of eating, which I believe is an aspect of chinese internal training that has either been kept secret or is just not known. Aryuvedic principles deal with this connective tissue tightness, I think they call it 'heat' not to be confused necessarily with the TCM idea of heat.

On another note, TCM does equate problems with stiffness to the liver system, so it's possible to explore that avenue..

I'll report results if I learn anything interesting..

Thad

On another note, TCM does equate problems with stiffness to the liver system, so it's possible to explore that avenue..

I'll report results if I learn anything interesting..

Thad

5532[/snapback]

Did not know of this. Isn't it liver & muscles/sinews??? In my case it seems to be the bones... which would be a kidney issure...

but nevertheless you are right... my liver isn't perfect

;)

Harry

I notice that much of my breathing restriction has to do with my spine being quite "stiff".

any cures you know of?

5530[/snapback]

This helped me process jing through the spine better.

I notice that much of my breathing restriction has to do with my spine being quite "stiff".

5530[/snapback]

Do the 6 postures of the Seven Power-Exercises. They look so harmless, but holding them much longer than 10 breaths will really show you any stiffness and imbalance of your back :blink: and finally fix it ... Just try it for some time. They are certainly a good warm-up for much harder measures like wall walking!

Is one meant to stretch the arms out like if somebody is pulling them or just keep them relaxed What'S the reason for facing west? ahh, and: shal one breath from the chest or the abdomen?

5550[/snapback]

Stretching the arms out like if somebody is pulling is the best way to do it.

Facing West seems to have the best result in terms of energy. The ionic streams of the atmosphere move also westwards. They penetrate the body always and energize it. Facing West leaves them less resistance (the back facing East) to penetrate nerves, meridians and the Kundalini in the spine.

The postures should be relaxing. Use good old Abdominal Breathing.

Just did Warrior Wellness Beginners for first time yesterday. I was surprised at how simple it was. I was expecting something more, strength oriented or stranger. It seems like a good warm out though. I'll stick w/ Beginner for a week or so then peek at intermediate.

Peace

Michael

Just did Warrior Wellness Beginners for first time yesterday.  I was surprised at how simple it was.  I was expecting something more, strength oriented or stranger.  It seems like a good warm out though.  I'll stick w/ Beginner for a week or so then peek at intermediate.

I know, doesn't it seem like grade school calisthenics or something? I had the same feeling. It will sneak up on you though, I promise. :lol:

In a slightly different direction you might want to take a look at Somatics. This book contains gentle "exercises" to make you more aware of what those places in your body that you have forgotten how to let go of - in particular a lot applying to the back.

I will be going back to mine this book again - thanks for being a reminder.

All the best,

Charlie