Spirit Ape

Spontaneous Adjustment Qi Kung seminar

Oh yeah? Come see Jenny Lamb. Maybe it is helpful for you! Go Jenny Lamb! beats dynamic meditation any day. So many people scream but don`t feel any real emotions, but just go into drama mode, sigh, though it is a good preliminary for some who are sincere. Better to be spontaneous, can`t regiment emotion, or your just forcing. Forcing is against Tao.

Hi Mantra68,

I have a question ive got the book and been doing level 1 for 3 weeks now, but after reading this thread and Jenny is doing a seminar should i go to her or Max as Max has the transmission. Also is the 3 levels in the book the same as what Jenny teachers or is that modified also? Seems like Max has awesome power just watched his clip 100 times it is very weird and at the same time intruiging how max make this work

So what im asking is the 3 levels seated, standing and waterfall method the same as what jenny teachers?

regards

Ape

Oh yeah? Come see Jenny Lamb. Maybe it is helpful for you! Go Jenny Lamb! beats dynamic meditation any day. So many people scream but don`t feel any real emotions, but just go into drama mode, sigh, though it is a good preliminary for some who are sincere. Better to be spontaneous, can`t regiment emotion, or your just forcing. Forcing is against Tao.

Oh yeah?

So what are her exact teachings in this dept?

I thought you just talked on the phone and are yet to meet? I dont want to add more "maybe",

I have plenty maybe.

Force/[i]Regiment[/i] Emotions :-)..? Force/Regiment[/i]...Anything?

What is wrong with the force?

Edited by rain

I think there is just a subtle language issue on this one - there's a difference between 'being open', 'giving it some encouragement', 'pushing it', and *keeps turning the dial up* 'forcing'....'being open' is basically having the switch turned on, but the point here is that 'more' isnt necessarily 'better'. Forcing differentially equates to 'kinking up the hose' and less water flows!

I was absolutely shocked when I was like 14 and kinked up an electrical cord to the point that the device it was powering went down. It was incidental, and...it was an event that changed my understanding of electricity. :)

Oh yeah?

So what are her exact teachings in this dept?

I thought you just talked on the phone and are yet to meet? I dont want to add more "maybe",

I have plenty maybe.

Yes you are right I don`t have exact teachings from Jenny, only some hints and some intuitions based on my experience of k1 and emotions, and my own experience of dynamic meditation with a group.

I find that the dynamic meditation is not at all spontaneous, for me, it is too imposing. Jump for 15 minutes, lie down and scream and yell, wail and cry for 15 minutes, and then etc for 15 minutes. It was annoying trying to feel and release, and the approach around the room, everytime I attended seemed to be, ` Scream it`s step 2!!! Scream scream scream,`but what`s the point of that if you are not feeling much of anything? It felt forced to me, so I had to do it another way. In tao te ching it says something like `whatever is forced cannot endure` that has proven true for me many times.

p.s. no forcing my approach, it just seems to me a practice that is spontaneous means it isn`t forcing, and therefore you can have a real release without denying any part of yourself.

Edited by Xienkula1

Yes you are right I don`t have exact teachings from Jenny, only some hints and some intuitions based on my experience of k1 and emotions, and my own experience of dynamic meditation with a group.

I find that the dynamic meditation is not at all spontaneous, for me, it is too imposing. Jump for 15 minutes, lie down and scream and yell, wail and cry for 15 minutes, and then etc for 15 minutes. It was annoying trying to feel and release, and the approach around the room, everytime I attended seemed to be, ` Scream it`s step 2!!! Scream scream scream,`but what`s the point of that if you are not feeling much of anything? It felt forced to me, so I had to do it another way. In tao te ching it says something like `whatever is forced cannot endure` that has proven true for me many times.

p.s. no forcing my approach, it just seems to me a practice that is spontaneous means it isn`t forcing, and therefore you can have a real release without denying any part of yourself.

yes, I totally feel where you're at. horrible. horrible. :lol:

I scream and laugh "forced" until it takes off when I feel like it together or alone. whatever. or laugh spontaneously. Thats a favourite... . There was nothing forced with the kunlun session, just sweet moves, only that Max emphasizes that the ones with least mental control and those who are most sincere, or..least *experienced* are the ones that are most likely to "succed" in "surrendering", and to me this means that this is a service rendered to those who, ironically need it the least. the trick is the trick. we cannot surrender what we have not. there is double bind in all mind. mind is madness. and if the show in addition is perceived as "false" there certainly won't be no give ins.

The mind wants control either with left half or with right half, the servant wants to control the master. So I figure, do the dynamic breathing in the gunging zanshuang until all there is is body energetic sensation no mind, even if it takes hitting the floor en face. emotions? mind? let it come. I'll start with plain "fuel &mechanics".

:o

I have to start all over again.

Edited by rain

:blink:

Could someone explain this discussion to me? Are you saying that people at KL workshops arent moving spontaneously, but are faking it in the hope that they make it?

:blink:

Could someone explain this discussion to me? Are you saying that people at KL workshops arent moving spontaneously, but are faking it in the hope that they make it?

no cat. I am saying that I am an uptight mind control freak. ;)

:rolleyes: ...

Edited by rain

no cat. I am saying that I am an uptight mind control freak. ;)

:rolleyes: ...

? I dont get it. you mean you find it a challenge to let the spontaneous movements flow?

There's some interesting explanation about conducting darshan & kriyas on pp 259-261 of Opening The Dragon Gate. :)

? I dont get it. you mean you find it a challenge to let the spontaneous movements flow?

No. Not really. Just at the kunlun seminar. I was just too prepared at the workshop I think. And working overtime juggling my left and half brain too support incoming visual tactile and auditive data in order to assist a very cautious heart. I was workin overtime with my dissonance-receptivness. Too preoccupied in my mind, thats all. I think what I'm trying to say is...either it flows or not. I never believed in moving energy with the mind to make it circulate in the orbits. And I was already fully aware of what was going to happen there. I have been to baptist ceremonies you know..they count on sentiment, the seminar on mongolian surprise.

After some years with spontaneous and fixed qigong energy moves by unconscious mind. I dive into and out of but drop every conscious trace whenever it surfaces.

I do not care for the minds instructions and no need for sentimental emotion. Surprises is souvereign though. It is a state of surprise.

The stances and the form lets it happen. The first thing several yeas ago when I started with the medical qigong an early childhood disease reapeared and was released from the system, and since then I have not been ill. But now it seems like I am adressing deeper genetic unbalance in the sceleton and there is much resistance in the deep tissues. I am constantly aware of this pain..cast back in my mind, I am looking for a way to move through it, working with aligning the whole body. The blockage seems too strong to release with the kunlun. I am intuitively going for a future natural blend of dynamics and standing spontaneous qigong..come to think of it I was already there a while ago, but let it go...reminds me again of how it is so easy to drop it once it is created..and why? beginners mind is an art. This is affecting the surface layers too. That is why I go to bodywork sessions. I try to find out if surrender is easier in a dialogue with someone else. Something fresh.

Look I already told you I think mind is doublebind and bullshitting. I was looking for a trickster.

Ok thanks a lot cat for asking and this chance to ramble.

:rolleyes:

Edited by rain

There's some interesting explanation about conducting darshan & kriyas on pp 259-261 of Opening The Dragon Gate. :)

Vortex, thank you so much. I have the book and I read the pages suggested. Relevant and possibly confronting. I will have to reread and reflec tmany times.

Rain, my brilliant friend:

and to me this means that this is a service rendered to those who, ironically need it the least.

Exactly! Soooooooo true.

Bizarrely, I lost my copy of Dragon Gate before I got to read it. I still cant believe it disapeared , which is why I havent bought a new one. So I cant read that page.

Anway rain, you say you have a blockage which is proving resistant.. two things come to mind

a)what is the reference to sentimental emotion about, I havent got info about how that is relevant to your practise

B) in terms of a startlingly talented body worker, I know two, one is half the time at Shaolin and the other half in London. and the other is Dirk Oellibrandt who is around in Belgium.

The chinese guy would treat you with so much chi your body has to drop what it is holding, and Dirk would know more or less straight away what is blocked in you and use his 4dimensional skills to melt it away.

You feel you have lost beginners mind? I tell you what. When the process is going well, it keeps you at beginners mind.

The lack of beginners mind that you feel is a side effect of the block.

imho. :)

Bizarrely, I lost my copy of Dragon Gate before I got to read it. I still cant believe it disapeared , which is why I havent bought a new one. So I cant read that page.

Anway rain, you say you have a blockage which is proving resistant.. two things come to mind

a)what is the reference to sentimental emotion about, I havent got info about how that is relevant to your practise

B) in terms of a startlingly talented body worker, I know two, one is half the time at Shaolin and the other half in London. and the other is Dirk Oellibrandt who is around in Belgium.

The chinese guy would treat you with so much chi your body has to drop what it is holding, and Dirk would know more or less straight away what is blocked in you and use his 4dimensional skills to melt it away.

You feel you have lost beginners mind? I tell you what. When the process is going well, it keeps you at beginners mind.

imho. :)

quote cat;

"The lack of beginners mind that you feel is a side effect of the block."

Yes exactly, and what a side effect it is.

I am so glad you read my post, repeat; "like I am adressing deeper genetic unbalance in the sceleton and there is much resistance in the deep tissues. I am constantly aware of this pain..cast back in my mind, I am looking for a way to move through it"

these guys you know must be top of the pops, right.

so good to agree on things from time to time.

Edited by rain

rain.. in the post above I put a 'b' in a bracket, but it came out as a smiley in shades!

yes, they are indeed top of the pops, otherwise I wouldnt even mention them.

I think you would love Dirk, everyone does. he is adorable and lovely and I love him! He is incredibly talented and in a whole other league than other body workers. he started the 4D school in Belgium.

Google him if you are interested.

Is the block to do with sentimental emotion? Or maybe you dont wish to discuss...

eh, agree/disagree... what of it.. we are on the same path, it's neither here nor there. We each have our own experience I think, rather than are attached to 'opinions'.

rain.. in the post above I put a 'b' in a bracket, but it came out as a smiley in shades!

yes, they are indeed top of the pops, otherwise I wouldnt even mention them.

I think you would love Dirk, everyone does. he is adorable and lovely and I love him! He is incredibly talented and in a whole other league than other body workers. he started the 4D school in Belgium.

Google him if you are interested.

Is the block to do with sentimental emotion? Or maybe you dont wish to discuss...

eh, agree/disagree... what of it.. we are on the same path, it's neither here nor there. We each have our own experience I think, rather than are attached to 'opinions'.

sorry I dont know what a b in a bracket is.

I am sure I dont full know what the block is about cat, but it is likely that there is emotion of some sort attached in the blockage. there usually is both sentiments and thoughts and electric energy..

I feel like you are trying some waltzing mathilda here and I'm not game cat, its boring. sorry.

just read my posts over and over again if there is something thast does not click. or just leave it.

Edited by rain

waltzing mathilda?!! :lol:

No, much as it's an amusing song, it's not quite my cup of tea.

Anyway, if you try Dirk, let us know how you get on.

Well an update

we are scheduled to have Jenny in montreal, quebec November 7-9th. The location is to be announced in the next few days. We have over 10 people interested currently but who are still to pay, and a potential of 35 more people coming, though we cannot take that many! Class size is limited. It is astounding how effortless it is to organise Jenny's seminar, everything is just flowing together, rather remarkably! I have a feeling this is going to be absolutely amazing.

Edited by Xienkula1