Taomeow

Wang Liping makes a statement (re: WL in Denmark)

Could You possibly give Us a little more Detail about the Letter ? If You have some infomation that may stop others getting hurt You'll be doing the Righteous thing Brother.

Hello RW,

at times I wonder what 'else' can be said to wake up students who believe in people who claim to be able to fly, pass through walls, disappear at will in Starbucks, coming from a lineage of 7000 generations of masters .... is there really ANYTHING MORE that needs to be told ?

This said, it is important to hear all different views but I must tell you by experience that all people - including us of course - can hardly change our minds because of external influence.

Changes come from within.

It takes MANY external blows to change, and when this happen it's usually because the internal seed of change was already there.

YM

>>Whom to trust<<

wasn't so much referring to David...

meant it general with regard to the ideas that anyone could be saved from their own way.

If all turns out to be not to the favor of David (which I don't say it will) then what would happen to the souls realizing it?

Some might go into depression

some might learn a lesson

some some some

The trouble I have realized over the monthes last year and this year on this forum is that there so far is no teacher being presented here that in one way or the other wasn't made look bad one way or the other.

So the question of trust is a big big one.

If ones trust gets lost in bad experiences... what good is there to it??? Whom does it help??? With all unclaritiy with any of the teachers: is there any one one could trust in again and not feel cheated from the start? Any practice one could ever feel good with?

The basic confusion of what the right path might be would get further manifested, but worse: people might start to stop looking for truth as they might start feeling there is no chance for them to ever find it.

What good could be in that kind of a waking up ? whomever it is referring to...

just a thought

Harry

>>Whom to trust<<

The trouble I have realized over the monthes last year and this year on this forum is that there so far is no teacher being presented here that in one way or the other wasn't made look bad one way or the other.

This is exactly why the people who seem to have good teachers will not mention them on this forum, and lately I have to say they have a good reason for not sharing.

>>Whom to trust<<

wasn't so much referring to David...

meant it general with regard to the ideas that anyone could be saved from their own way.

If all turns out to be not to the favor of David (which I don't say it will) then what would happen to the souls realizing it?

Some might go into depression

some might learn a lesson

some some some

If ones trust gets lost in bad experiences... what good is there to it??? Whom does it help??? With all unclaritiy with any of the teachers: is there any one one could trust in again and not feel cheated from the start? Any practice one could ever feel good with?

The basic confusion of what the right path might be would get further manifested, but worse: people might start to stop looking for truth as they might start feeling there is no chance for them to ever find it.

What good could be in that kind of a waking up ? whomever it is referring to...

just a thought

Harry

Nature itself is the only trustworthy teacher.

I wouldn't draw too much into his visa difficulties. There was a nationwide clampdown due to the Olympics, something which effected people across China. It was well publicised in the media around April this year. The government decided that people would have to go back to their country of origin in order to process paperwork-no exceptions. Going over to Hong Kong or Korea was knocked on the head.

You still cannot go to Korea to do a visa run as of writing, but I have been told visa renewals can be done in Thailand now. Someone I know is doing that this weekend. He is going abroad to do his visa because he has changed employers and so a new visa must be issued. To extend an existing residency visa you don't have to leave the country-I know this because I did so for my visa this week.

Assuming that Mr Verdesi was using a business visa, these were suspended for the duration of the Olympics through to the end of September and would explain why he could not get back into China. If Mr Verdesi was working for any institution such as a university, school or college, he could have extended a residency visa without having to leave China, assuming he was staying with the same institution.

Business, education and Z visa's are issued by provincial governments rather than Beijing. The prospective business/employer/institution has to get the appropriate letters of invitation from the provincial government. These are then presented to the consulate at the country of application, who will then issue the appropriate visa. If you have a Z visa it is changed into a residency visa when you arrive in your place of residence.

Please note this is not written as any kind of commentary or otherwise of Mr Verdesi, merely an explanation of the current visa situation.

As a long-time sceptic of Mr. Denty/DSV's claims and promises... now I am just sad to be re-assured that my "take " on this system...seems correct at this time.

We all/each need guidance and hope and fellowship in our questings. I actually hoped I was wrong and wanted to be proved wrong thru much of my time castigating Mr. Denty here. That my ire was raised at times is a sad thing for me still...

I trust that each of us can take this to our hearts and realize there is no magic bullit when it comes to inner searchings... it is a long hard trail we choose to take at times, let's just show each other the compassion that can be felt and go on with our ever-widening orbits to learn and teach from/with eachother-as best we can

Peace -Pat

So how do you follow?

Accept yourself as you are as a perfect creation of nature, nature does not attempt to control itself, let go of the controls, allow yourself to feel and express your self as you are.

Do you blow your top and get upset, and feel badly, punishing yourself for not being kinder or more gentle?

It is because you are attempting to control and be something you can not be, situations happen and elements of life and their components come together and we flip out, that is only natural. Maybe not normal by societial standards, govermental and religious standards,or any other standard that is choking off your life force.

Why not?

Nature when elements and components come together, appears to blow its top as well, we have a storm and winds blow, and rains pour, all quite naturally.

You think you are any different? Take another look.

In other words allow yourself the freedom of being you without changing a thing about yourself, and the pressures to be something else will disappear, the fear of not fitting in or being accepted as you are in a group will stop bothering you, and as you go along the way you will see more clearly and with out fear that you were okay all along. And gradually you will learn to be kinder and more gentle to yourself and as you do that you become kinder and more gentle to others.

joe

And gradually you will learn to be kinder and more gentle to yourself and as you do that you become kinder and more gentle to others.

joe

I sure get what you mean, but do you think this is what Daoists are up for in their search?

:)

Harry

I sure get what you mean, but do you think this is what Daoists are up for in their search?

:)

Harry

Ultimately I believe that is all we (humankind) are searching for.

What do you think?

joe... instead of metzu...it shoul say metoo

Edited by metzu

oh boy what have i gotten myself into :lol:

1. you students and admirers.have to accept your fate as it is, and even feel joy for it. like attracts like. your only fault was that you admired the person from a distance. for me, it was just luck. circumstances decided that i should approach and see what the person really is.

2. it's not my business to diss or destroy your confidence in him.

in one respect, i am deeply indebted to him, because trying to figure out what he was about, made me plunge into a most fascinating journey - it has nothing to do with him or his school. the luck of the dumb, as they say.

i can hardly judge you or him, as i have great respect for dedicated work, for which you and him tried to do your best. you can use this experience as a springboard for something greater... more and more doors are opening up, the access becomes a lot easier by the day.

the only thing is, you have to be careful, because like attracts like... taking responsability for your thoughts and emotions is the most important task:

- doubtfull will attract doubtful.

- greedy will attract greedy.

- impure will attract impure.

3. he is a serious trickster - he's not afraid to put his skin on the line for his games. read the articles he wrote about the trickster. the first card in the Tarot, the fool. the innocence of the fool is attractive, but hardly productive, and even less safer, to anyone.

4. i can barely match an inch of his knowledge and also his teaching abilities, so who am i to judge him. this and the above is my oppinion, made up from my personal dealings with the guy.

5. regarding the letters, i'm deciding these days whether to go ahead with it or not. it's not my fight, so i have little to do with any of this.

best,

L1