Jonah

Kunlun Lineage

To All,

I like to appoligies for my rants about Max and his Kunlun students as well his following on the forum, my intentions was to bring to people some information i have been told from many people without meeting him myself.

I also like to thank Sean for allowing me back on the forum i do come here all the time and i guess its like my time away from stress and have a good time. Ive met some great people here and now friends i hope i didnt hurt MAx's credibilty or his art.

Anyway i do enjoy reading the kunlun threads and joining in finding more information on it as many people are getting results and changing them on different levels.

I would also like to thank the people that didnt think i should be suspended i really do appreciate your help in maybe changing Seans mind and allowing back to the forum.

Peace and blessings to all!

WYG

wow, you and sean are great people, and the taobums is all peace&love! Welcome back man! :D

Thanks SZ, its great to be back you know how hard it is to sit and read without getting involved in conversation with people and friends?! hahahha :D

Have a good one!

WYG

Thanks SZ, its great to be back you know how hard it is to sit and read without getting involved in conversation with people and friends?! hahahha :D

Have a good one!

WYG

haha, I can imagine! Im beginning to realize Im a taobum-junkie. Not shure if that is a good thing :blink:

Actually, possession by spirits is not necessarily possession by dark spirits, as illustrated (e.g.) by a famous Brazilian healer, John of God, whose intervention I experienced last year. He, however, still claims lineages, albeit spiritual ones, in that he names the names of his main spirit helpers and surrounds himself with their portraits when doing his healing work. His helpers, according to him, have spirit helpers of their own, and so the sum total of entities (the word he uses) invoked can be in the thousands. None of them are supposed to be "dark spirits," however.

One thing I would expect Max to have (and I don't know him, mind you, nor the practice -- but I know other "entities" and practices so I dare extrapolate a bit) would be an open communication line with the world of spirits, because of a striking fact of his biography (the sole survivor of the birth of triplets).

I dunno, I haven't really felt possessed by spirits when doing Kunlun. It just feels like an energetic practice to me.

Although, everyone does have spirit guides, guardian angels, etc. or other entities that can influence them. This is not confined to or some special byproduct of Kunlun, though.

And maybe it is some type of ling practice of shengong? I am still a bit confused as to why one can get such quick & powerful unique results with it?

It is also interesting that Max was the sole survivor of triplets...as well as being struck by lightning at age 6.

Elvis was also a survivor of twins - which one might see as giving him the power of 2 men. And I believe there have been at least a few other spiritual masters who were also struck by lightning. So, it may be that these 2 special circumstances endow one with great power and indicate being "chosen" by Heaven.

Also glad Sean relented and let WYG back in. I understand the need to protect Max from slander, but at the same time, I think factual rebuttals (vs. censorship) are the best defense against such opinions. Censorship only lets doubts linger and represents the use of force instead of truth. Besides, we all know that WYG would still love to take a Kunlun workshop were one ever conducted in Australia, regardless... :D

One must be careful not to give supernatural answers to issues than can be explained by more 'mundane' reasons.

i would make the same argument about the notion of connecting with spirits in ones practice. often we can be dealing with manifestations of our own (or disowned) psyche, and we are quick to attribute it to a more supernatural phenomenon. what i have found is that much of the intense stuff tends to be my own brain and heart mixing with high influxes of qi, and that its actually the more subtle phenomena that truly connect me to other beings.

btw,

glad you're back, WYG!

:D

Edited by Hundun

i would make the same argument about the notion of connecting with spirits in ones practice. often we can be dealing with manifestations of our own (or disowned) psyche, and we are quick to attribute it to a more supernatural phenomenon. what i have found is that much of the intense stuff tends to be my own brain and heart mixing with high influxes of qi, and that its actually the more subtle phenomena that truly connect me to other beings.

Good point...

Where does "I" end and everything else begin? At the border of "my" skin? Why would that be?

Isn't that just a delusion created by our sensory apparatus?

What is there apart from "me"?

Is there a world separate and apart from us or are we continuous with it?

These questions are more important to "me" than spirits and immortal teachers and dreams of nirvana and everlasting bliss.

Max et al's presentation has elicited strong emotions, both pro and con.

I said my piece many months ago and don't see any point in fanning the flames, particularly since a lot of people find the practice valuable.

After all is said and done, he teaches a method like many others teach methods.

A method is a creation of human thought, nothing more - nothing less.

All methods are as valuable as the practitioner determines them to be through information and experience.

Fortunately, we can pick and choose what methods we wish to spend out time, money, and energy on.

Good luck to everyone on whatever path they choose!

Nah, Swami Shiv Mangal Tirth...disciple of Swami Shivom Tirth.

Satyalok

Many years ago, I wanted to go down and learn from him in New York. They seemed reluctant to just pass on shaktipat which is understandable. I never followed up on this one. So instead I learned about Mantra Shakti, which can turn into a spontaneous Kriya experience. The details in your practice do sound very interesting, dealing with the five kinds of elemental prana shakthi unique to each chakra center? Do you practice bhuta (tattva) shuddhi, or do you just follow the pure spontaneous nature of the kundalini shakti as dispensed by the overseer?

Guest winpro07

Living in the heart, finding freedom

KunLun is an ocean of change

I got hit by a next bigger wave a week ago, and find my self in the heart, or middle dan tien? -all of the time, or at least always accessible as soul to that location. I find my self living with the after affects of a long life of very negative mind, and emotions un resolved. The after effect is my bodies poor condition from the weight off all that old emotion. I don't believe there is really old stuff is left -its just after effect. I feel totally hollow as my body, and very full (sometimes too full) of energy as my energy body self. I feel a need to intigrate the two, as my physical body needs healing.

Am i supposed to be so empty?

How do I heal my phyical body?

Is my phyiscal body coming up to meet me at a higher frequency?

I find my self wanting to help others, as thier burdens are too apparent now. I believe this is all I am here for, and dont know how to help.

For your information, Maoshan Pai and Shamanism are not only unrelated but cannot possibly go along together.

A Maoshan daoist is an orthodox lineal master who would see the shaman as an un-orthodox "red-head" popular magician

YM

There's two very different sects of taoism both called Maoshan. Both are lineage based; neither one denies the shamanic roots of taoism (if there's anything ALL taoist schools and sects agree on, it's the origins of taoism and its founder -- Fu Xi the shaman-king). However, one of them is a spiritual/philosophical/religious/devotional practice, influential in its moral authority; while the other one is a magical/sorcery sect, quite secretive and also influential but concerned with pragmatic rather than moral issues. If someone asked me what Maoshan Magical is in its essence -- well no one did but here goes anyway ;) -- I wouldn't think twice calling it "refined shamanism," "a shamanic tradition of a civilized (as opposed to tribal) society." It is shamanic to the core, it's just that it also incorporates methods derived from the sheer antiquity of Chinese civilization which was already a world of extensive written communication and scholarly pursuits at the time when it was ruled by shaman-kings, shapeshifter-emperors and dragon court-advisers.

Edited by Taomeow

Many years ago, I wanted to go down and learn from him in New York. They seemed reluctant to just pass on shaktipat which is understandable. I never followed up on this one. So instead I learned about Mantra Shakti, which can turn into a spontaneous Kriya experience. The details in your practice do sound very interesting, dealing with the five kinds of elemental prana shakthi unique to each chakra center? Do you practice bhuta (tattva) shuddhi, or do you just follow the pure spontaneous nature of the kundalini shakti as dispensed by the overseer?

It was not easy to get the shaktipat. He agreed to do it upon first meeting, but I waited many months for the date to be set. I called several times to remind him. I think they test your aspiration this way. The link I posted earlier to Sri Narayankaka Dhekane Maharaj's website has an online prayer request for shaktipat. They also have a global "trial" to get an energy boost...Aug 6th I believe.

I don't practice any specific chakra meditations. I did supplement with some AYP spinal breathing, but now my Shakti is damn near overpowering and I'm trying to calm it down. Sometimes too much bliss can be harmful. I have some difficulty sleeping as my main complaint...last couple of nights have been better. I'm taking Ashwagandha to smooth it, 5-htp/valerian for sleep if needed, and no more intentioned K exercises.

Cheers,

Satyalok

There's two very different sects of taoism both called Maoshan. Both are lineage based; neither one denies the shamanic roots of taoism (if there's anything ALL taoist schools and sects agree on, it's the origins of taoism and its founder -- Fu Xi the shaman-king). However, one of them is a spiritual/philosophical/religious/devotional practice, influential in its moral authority; while the other one is a magical/sorcery sect, quite secretive and also influential but concerned with pragmatic rather than moral issues. If someone asked me what Maoshan Magical is in its essence -- well no one did but here goes anyway ;) -- I wouldn't think twice calling it "refined shamanism," "a shamanic tradition of a civilized (as opposed to tribal) society." It is shamanic to the core, it's just that it also incorporates methods derived from the sheer antiquity of Chinese civilization which was already a world of extensive written communication and scholarly pursuits at the time when it was ruled by shaman-kings, shapeshifter-emperors and dragon court-advisers.

The fact that Daoism takes roots in various proto-religions of antiquity has nothing to do with Maoshan being shamanic. It would be like saying that since my grandfather was tall that would make me tall by default.

Daoism re-organized and reformed much of the past knowledge and rejected some of the earlier practices during its history.

Maoshan is derived and stricly connected to mainstream Zhengyi and is totally unrelated to ANY shamanistic practice, which is in fact rejected by mainstream Daoism.

Can you refer to any published/public material for your claims ?

Thanks

YM

It was not easy to get the shaktipat. He agreed to do it upon first meeting, but I waited many months for the date to be set. I called several times to remind him. I think they test your aspiration this way. The link I posted earlier to Sri Narayankaka Dhekane Maharaj's website has an online prayer request for shaktipat. They also have a global "trial" to get an energy boost...Aug 6th I believe.

I don't practice any specific chakra meditations. I did supplement with some AYP spinal breathing, but now my Shakti is damn near overpowering and I'm trying to calm it down. Sometimes too much bliss can be harmful. I have some difficulty sleeping as my main complaint...last couple of nights have been better. I'm taking Ashwagandha to smooth it, 5-htp/valerian for sleep if needed, and no more intentioned K exercises.

Cheers,

Satyalok

Root more : )

Also what are you doing with this energy now?

God Bless

Santiago

The fact that Daoism takes roots in various proto-religions of antiquity has nothing to do with Maoshan being shamanic. It would be like saying that since my grandfather was tall that would make me tall by default.

Daoism re-organized and reformed much of the past knowledge and rejected some of the earlier practices during its history.

Maoshan is derived and stricly connected to mainstream Zhengyi and is totally unrelated to ANY shamanistic practice, which is in fact rejected by mainstream Daoism.

Can you refer to any published/public material for your claims ?

Le Taoisme du Mao Chan, p122-208, on the roots of Maoshan Daoism in earlier shamanic cults and the early history of the Maoshan revelations.

Never read it myself, but one of my Taoists teachers referenced this work occasionally.

Sean

Root more : )

Also what are you doing with this energy now?

God Bless

Santiago

Do you think simple standing is good? I've done a little the last couple of days. I'm not doing much with the energy other than contemplation of consciousness...and bringing more awareness to my everyday activities. That and of course my normal 2-3 hrs of sitting and observing.

Do you recommend MCO or dantian meditation for overactive K? I usually smooth out in a few days during these episodes...after I submit to it.

Thanks,

Satyalok