Wun Yuen Gong

Golden Dragon - Kunlun or other arts?

I'm getting so excited about Kunlun my jing retention skills may fail :lol: !

Im still waiting for the book in the mail. I keep hearing about when Max comes to Australia, Does anyone know If, when or where? I reside in Melbourne. Is there an Oz Kunlun comunity?

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand!

I know my recent kunlun question was pretty stupid, but this question blows mine away in the way of stupidity lol

Well I thought it was one of the smartest questions. I wondered exactly the same thing.

Why in hell would you just practice something for the sake of it?

Nobody should do Kunlun or anything Max taught unless they are ready to be different. You cannot go back to the way you are once you open your own Pandora's box, and that is what these practices do.

So if you start (after you have your first opening), that's it. You are different because you have shifted your tension patterns. Your energy flows differently, you feel different and your world is different.

Your current pattern will be gone and you cannot go back, but we are here to learn who we are, so that is a good thing, right?

The only problem is that the new you may not feel as stable as the pattern you were used to. This is growth and after a while you learn to love the process and adjust to an identity in flux. Always opening newer levels of stuff forces you to harmonize the stuff you uncover and this can be great for health improvement, but can be hard on the psyche. So you really should think if this is what you want to do with your life.

We are here to enjoy our lives and that means following our heart's desire. If we all do that (without harming others) we are doing what we are supposed to do. The creator wants us to do what brings us joy. That's all.

So, if clearing the obstacles that prevent your free travel in the current of the Tao that takes you back to your source is for you, go for it. I don't know of anything that will give you that quicker (outside of psychedelics). If not, just do what makes you happy.

Nobody should do Kunlun or anything Max taught unless they are ready to be different. You cannot go back to the way you are once you open your own Pandora's box, and that is what these practices do.

So if you start (after you have your first opening), that's it. You are different because you have shifted your tension patterns. Your energy flows differently, you feel different and your world is different.

Your current pattern will be gone and you cannot go back, but we are here to learn who we are, so that is a good thing, right?

The only problem is that the new you may not feel as stable as the pattern you were used to. This is growth and after a while you learn to love the process and adjust to an identity in flux. Always opening newer levels of stuff forces you to harmonize the stuff you uncover and this can be great for health improvement, but can be hard on the psyche. So you really should think if this is what you want to do with your life.

We are here to enjoy our lives and that means following our heart's desire. If we all do that (without harming others) we are doing what we are supposed to do. The creator wants us to do what brings us joy. That's all.

So, if clearing the obstacles that prevent your free travel in the current of the Tao that takes you back to your source is for you, go for it. I don't know of anything that will give you that quicker (outside of psychedelics). If not, just do what makes you happy.

Yeah yeah, don't do Kunlun unless you're brave like me and open Pandora's box!

You cannot go back!

I have grown so much and harmonized through things. I swear!! They were hard on the psyche!! So be careful!

We're here to be blissful and follow the heart's desire!! And be joyous!!

;)

P.S. No one should question into their own nature either, because it will really really mess them up. :lol::lol: .

cough cough B.S!!!! :D

Every persons path is there own, to say Kunlun is the quickest and nothing is better is a load of crap. Your Kunlun cant even give weightloss, i even read some people still smoking and eating crap food, so much for releasing emotions?!

You can get bliss from so much things, there are many reasons people simply cannot let go or release themselves in this day and age. Do make out that Kunlun is the saviour for people because it simply ISNT!!

Edited by Spirit Ape

Every persons path is there own, to say Kunlun is the quickest and nothing is better is a load of crap.

Who said those things?

Your Kunlun cant even give weightloss, i even read some people still smoking and eating crap food, so much for releasing emotions?!

Exactly! That's part of what Satori meant by opening Pandora's box...the practice itself doesn't release these things for you. In fact, it seems to make things worse.

:lol:

Well I still wish I'd had the chance if only so I could actually experience it first hand instead of just hearing about it. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I have that sense of 'missing out'.

Oh well...

I may have missed Kunlun but I confess I am delighted with the KAP 1 class. I hope djs racks up a ton of good karma for his generosity.

It's good to clear out hidden stuff. Bring it to the forefront of my awareness, then I change it by choice and action.

The other effects of the practice make it worthwhile...those are experienced by the practitioners.

I'm not saying it's the most powerful group of practices (because even Max says there are quicker practices), but it's the most powerful group of practices that I've experienced.

Plus I have dedicated my life to this, so I will just keep going regardless of anything. Can't think of anything else I'd rather dedicate myself to.

Scotty,

Nice to see you happy with it, I did remember you changed and now came back are you still doing shaking medicine or was that Cameron?

All methods can lead you to the path if you are AWARE of it!

regards

Ape

Yes I did stop for a while because I thought the practice should clean up the mess for me. Yoda was really into shaking medicine. :D

By the way, I am still going to check out your DVD! :D

Scotty,

Thats right big old YODA was the shaking man, i think cameron changed to something else or maybe jenny?

anyway cool check out my Burning Palm its nice system, cant promise you will be laughing but maybe crying from the hand conditioning (if you are into the fighting and hitting different things)? :P But the striking is 2 fold to heal and fight!!!

Garry

It's good to clear out hidden stuff. Bring it to the forefront of my awareness, then I change it by choice and action.

The other effects of the practice make it worthwhile...those are experienced by the practitioners.

I'm not saying it's the most powerful group of practices (because even Max says there are quicker practices), but it's the most powerful group of practices that I've experienced.

Plus I have dedicated my life to this, so I will just keep going regardless of anything. Can't think of anything else I'd rather dedicate myself to.

When you say you have decided to dedicate your life to it, I hope you are careful enough to see through the dangers of such...dedication....

You can't think of anything else to dedicate yourself to?

Why did you start Kunlun in the first place?

Kunlun is a bit of an upside down practice... it's very different from about 80% of qi gong and spiritual practices...

Most try to build.

You build a strong foundation, you correct your thoughts and intentions, you control your behaviours and emotions... you build and build and refine and build... the idea is to build a stairway up to 'heaven' (enlightenment, or whatever you might wish to call it).

Kunlun dismantles.

It does this by letting go. Letting everything go... letting 'letting go' go... letting thoughts go.... emotions go... everything that has been built needs to be let go of... Letting things go is difficult - all the things that you thought were 'you' - they need to go... all the things that you thought were important to you - they need to be let go of too... it's like a slippery slope and there's nothing to hold on to... can be quite alarming and can also be very blissful... So in Kunlun we dismantle everything until the underlying heaven just comes through. Kunlun is not the only path that achieves this through dismantling.

----

So for me it's funny when the Builders and Dismantlers clash.

Builder: "are you crazy!!!? - you're willing to give up all the things that you hold important in you!!?"

Dismantler: "You're crazy for carrying all that 'important' stuff around - when none of it is real, it's an unbearable burden that keeps you from who you really are"

Builder: "...and what's with all the abstractions, contradictions and lack of concrete knowledge?"

Dismantler: "I hold no knowledge - everything I need comes to me in the moment... held knowledge is not based on now, but on history"

Builder: "that makes no sense!!"

Dismantler: "yup - fun isn't it!?"

Builder: "errr no."

:lol:

Kunlun is not the only path that achieves this through dismantling.

I'd have to agree with you here. I'd also have to say

that so far for me it is the only path that does it with so much

showy drama and attachment (to the practice, teacher and other

students ). There are other practices where you

accomplish "dismantling" without all this looking

for it, and where there's not all this blah, blah and blah

and over and over bullshit. (Glad I tried Kunlun though

or I wouldn't be able to say this.)

Freeform's post was cool!

When you say you have decided to dedicate your life to it, I hope you are careful enough to see through the dangers of such...dedication....

It just means I've decided to push through, despite minor challenges that happen. If horrible things started occurring, it'd be good reason to stop!

But in actuality, there's really not much to fear with these practices. Things have actually been getting a lot better for me...the health issues I was having are gone for the most part, and I'm finally taking responsibility for many things in my life.

You can't think of anything else to dedicate yourself to?

Shikantaza would be good.

I'd have to agree with you here. I'd also have to say

that so far for me it is the only path that does it with so much

showy drama and attachment (to the practice, teacher and other

students ). There are other practices where you

accomplish "dismantling" without all this looking

for it, and where there's not all this blah, blah and blah

and over and over bullshit. (Glad I tried Kunlun though

or I wouldn't be able to say this.)

Haha! yes quite possibly... but the drama seems to only really happen outside of practice.

The thing about effective dismantling practices is they have a very difficult period where you quite literally fall apart... kind of like a mental breakdown... having a black hole strip us of our 'identity' - all of the aspects of ourself that we could hide behind begin to disappear and so we tend to grasp onto anything that makes us feel 'real' or secure... and this can be anything from seeking power to getting stuck in bliss to becoming engaged with thought or behaviour patterns or emotional dramas...

But we carry on with practice and we drop these things and reach a new level of openness and freedom... and we carry on practising and we find yet another layer of deeper 'stuff'... and so we carry on, dismantling and dropping away anything that is not needed...

This sounds kind of dramatic, but in reality it's not - you used to be free from most of that 'stuff' as a kid...

I think it's important to have a sense of curiosity and playfulness with this stuff... it's much easier when you do. As soon as you start taking anything seriously you will be able to tell that you're building - not letting go :)

What practices?

Well now...that would be practices taught by good experienced teachers. I'm sure

there's more than one (the one I've got right now) kicking about.