Maddie

Transgender Q&A

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor less.'

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you CAN make words mean so many different things.'

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master-- that's all.'

-- Lewis Carroll

To me, this passage has a distinctly transgender flair.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor less.'

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you CAN make words mean so many different things.'

-- Lewis Carroll

For me, it's nigh on every conversation I've ever participated in.  And the process of discerning context in any book, particularly those of an esoteric or philosophic focus.

Semantics, personal and socially conditioned meanings of phrases and terms... is a constant dance of trying to gauge intended meanings of the speaker/author or translator.  

Context is always so crucial... particularly where only text is involved.  Body language and vocal cues lend so much subtlety that text struggles to convey for me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

-- Lewis Carroll

In acupuncturist school there were a lot of the hippies / new age types and I felt like they liked saying things intentionally that made no sense because it seemed like that to them the less it made sense the more spiritual it was for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 8:11 AM, Maddie said:

Um wow, that is um.... "interesting" lol. :unsure:

This is the kind of crap that makes people think we are nuts <_<

Thats the tricky issue ... its NOT   'we'  ( 'you'  or these type of people ' , meaning transgender people ) its a strange 'type' that has infiltrated various  things ,  not just 'transgenderism' .   And they are already nuts , and its spreading into all types of areas . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maddie said:

Screenshot_2024-04-30-09-34-48-78_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

This look is different .....  the facial expression I mean .

I'll add a caption ;

" Did that arse hole deliberately  cut off my lane change then ?  "

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats the tricky issue ... its NOT   'we'  ( 'you'  or these type of people ' , meaning transgender people ) its a strange 'type' that has infiltrated various  things ,  not just 'transgenderism' .   And they are already nuts , and its spreading into all types of areas . 

yes, never made words of it like that but its true 

On 4/16/2024 at 5:25 PM, Maddie said:

You seem to be confusing sex and gender. 

...you seem to be confusing truth and fiction.  Feeling and fact.  

You're not a woman, no matter what you do.  Spiritually speaking - no one is either. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jadespear said:

You're not a woman, no matter what you do.  Spiritually speaking - no one is either. 

I see the transphobe Sleepy Bluejay has been reincarnated. You have been reported. 

These idiots say this stuff like they just thought of something brilliant that I have not already heard a million times lol. 

At least have an argument for your bigoted statements. Do you have a reason why you think what you think is true, or is it just because this triggers you for some reason and you don't like it? 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, surrogate corpse said:

(projecting my values onto a silent world in sheer wild-eyed terror) u gotta Face the Facts

I mean it's such a convincing argument after all lol. 

"You're not a woman because.... reasons" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jadespear said:

Your fear filled bigotry is showing...

Reported

• Thanks 1

Maddie is more woman then I will ever be

• Like 1

Jadespear has a pointed writing style and I can understand how people would find it offensive.  Still, I think there has to be a place in a thread like this for those who don´t believe that transwomen are women.  I think it´s a matter of definition.  If we define "woman" by referencing biological sex then Jadespear has a point.  Fortunately, there are medical interventions that allow transgendered people to change their bodies to be more in line with their gender identities, but these interventions are imperfect and incomplete.  

This is such a difficult topic.  It seems like the choices are to agree with the current thinking about gender -- transwomen are women -- or be labeled a bigot.  There´s got to be a middle way.  Surely someone can use the traditional biologically-based definitions of women and men and still be supportive of trans people?  

I would never tell Maddie she´s not a woman because it goes against one of my much cherished personal policies: don´t be an asshole.  I suspect that transgendered people (and gay people) have a special role to play in the spiritual evolution of our species.  I suspect that transwomen have, for lack of a better word, womanly souls.  Ivy Compten-Burnett wrote: The universe exists and nothing is going to endure it. We´re all trying in this life and if transitioning makes someone happier then more power to them.  Who am I to question someone else´s choices?  I hope that all women´s spaces are open to Maddie and that she feels warmly welcomed wherever she goes.

But if asked to sign a petition affirming that "transwomen are women" I would demur.  In my opinion, my refusal should not be against Tao Bums law but it might be.  I await my consequences.  ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

Maddie is more woman then I will ever be

🩷

3 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Jadespear has a pointed writing style and I can understand how people would find it offensive.  ^_^

Sometimes it's not what one says but how they say it. 

^This is not wanting to understand. This is a Q&A. That is neither a Q or an A. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Maddie said:

Sometimes it's not what one says but how they say it. 

^This is not wanting to understand. This is a Q&A. That is neither a Q or an A. 

Agreed on both points -- thanks!

• Thanks 1

a hard topic indeed. I live in a female body and have done so about twice as long as Maddie, i could be her mom ( hello darling daughter)

during my life I found that women at large have a certain set of feelings around their bodies, about motherhood, about being female, about interacting with each other that I could not relate too. Let alone duplicate

although I live in a female body

Now the younger generation has opened up this closed off closet and those of us born with 2 spirits  try to find ways to live their lives without having to play a role all their lives. When I was young I lived as a boy and later as a young man. I felt at home in myself, it was not a role, it was me.

later i tried to be female, I even had a child. It became  strangling, I had to play a role, I was playing theater without a pause. So a divorce followed and I am much better for it. Maddie may not be a biological woman, but she can now be herself and that self is much more female then mine ever had been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

a hard topic indeed. I live in a female body and have done so about twice as long as Maddie, i could be her mom ( hello darling daughter)

during my life I found that women at large have a certain set of feelings around their bodies, about motherhood, about being female, about interacting with each other that I could not relate too. Let alone duplicate

That is interesting because it was basically the same for me growing up. Most of my friends were female, and back when I was trying to fit in and dating girls they would always tell me that I was not at all like other guys and that I was great because it was like talking to another girl lol. So much makes sense in retrospect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

When I was young I lived as a boy and later as a young man. I felt at home in myself, it was not a role, it was me.

later i tried to be female, I even had a child. It became  strangling, I had to play a role, I was playing theater without a pause.

When I  read about your feelings and experience I really feel bad and wish you could go ahead and transition. Sorry if I'm out of place, I just get emotional when I read about what you say. 🥹🩷

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

For those who know what Jade Rod refers to in Chinese erotic literature it’s not surprising that Jade Spear can come across as a bit of a prick. Likewise, why he’d feel threatened by this topic.  Hopefully he’ll practice withdrawal rather than continuing to thrust his opinions into a discussion where they are obviously not welcome and thereby show some sensitivity to intercourse on this forum. The way he is heading, the only sort of climax he’ll achieve is to get himself banned (which I wouldn’t like to see happen). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Seems to me there´s different things at play here, our physical anatomy and our spiritual essence.  Of the two, I would agree with most posters here that the spiritual essence, one´s deep sense of oneself, is the more important.  

One interesting question, or area to explore anyways, is the relationship between trans identity and femininity/masculinity.  Are there lots of butch transwomen and fem transmen?  Can a butch guy transition to an identity as a women without embracing her girly side?  I´ve found that it´s possible to be a man and still be in touch with my feminine side, not always easy but possible.  Can transmen be in touch with their feminine side or am I "unclear on the concept"?

Edited by liminal_luke

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Seems to me there´s different things at play here, our physical anatomy and our spiritual essence.  Of the two, I would agree with most posters here that the spiritual essence, one´s deep sense of oneself, is the more important.  

I think this again goes back to sex verses gender

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

One interesting question, or area to explore anyways, is the relationship between trans identity and femininity/masculinity.  Are there lots of butch transwomen and fem transmen?  Can a butch guy transition to an identity as a women without embracing her girly side?  I´ve found that it´s possible to be a man and still be in touch with my feminine side, not always easy but possible.  Can transmen be in touch with their feminine side or am I "unclear on the concept"?

I think people can be who ever they want to be lol. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

There are two gay couples that come to my clinic regularly. One is a gay male couple, and the other is a lesbian in a lesbian relationship. 

In the male couple one of the guys is clearly the "man of the house" and the other is very feminine, in fact I think in some ways he acts more feminine than I do lol. But while although he is very feminine he still identifies a a man and seems happy to do so. 

The gal that comes here is also the "man of the house" so to speak and is much more masculine than I am. Her fiancé is a very girly girl. 

I don't know any other trans people in real life but I do talk to many online. Again I have seen the whole spectrum. There are trans women that are quite the "tomboy" and rather butch and others that are super girly and everything in between (even some nerds like myself). Some trans women are lesbians and like women, some are straight and like men. I have also spoken to trans men and the same goes for them. 

There is a lot of variety out there in not only identification but also orientation and so many possibilities for combinations.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1