Maddie

Transgender Q&A

4 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

If you made that up, can you tell me what sherry you are drinking these days, please (I quite like it)?

I did but it did take a fairly large amount of alentejo red wine.

• Like 1

I have no idea what we're even talking about anymore and I still love it 😊🥴🩷

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I have no idea what we're even talking about anymore and I still love it 😊🥴🩷

This sums up my couple months long experience on DaoBums 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

My gal just shared this with me.

I'm pretty firmly in the camp of you do you, be it gal, guy, both or other...

Now... where did I put my femurs?

f424aaefb6da8c85c4cec6d3a84f71db.png

Spoiler

eta: wait... is that malevolent?

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

My gal just shared this with me.

I'm pretty firmly in the camp of you do you, be it gal, guy, both or other...

Now... where did I put my femurs?

now were's my crown, I did put it somewhere, it must be here, am  so forgetful..

well at last I have the age and the befuddled memory of a crone now

Halloween Bone Craft. Make a Crown, Wreath or pile with chicken bones.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, surrogate corpse said:

well now i need a crown of femurs made from my vanquished enemies...

Its what all the cool kids are doing now ;-)

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

I would say he drank   ....

The Cask of Amontillado

Down in the catacombs, with the surrogate corpse...

14 hours ago, Apech said:

I did but it did take a fairly large amount of alentejo red wine.

I'll have to look for it.

Posted (edited)

Regarding femurs and other "relics":

Walpurgis Night  

an abbreviation of Saint Walpurgis Night, also known as Saint Walpurga's Eve (alternatively spelled Saint Walburga's Eve), is the eve of the Christian feast day of Saint Walpurga, an 8th-century abbess in Francia, and is celebrated on the night of 30 April and the day of 1 May. This feast commemorates the canonization of Saint Walpurga and the movement of her relics to Eichstätt, both of which occurred on 1 May 870.[7]

Saint Walpurga was hailed by the Christians of Germany for battling pest, rabies, and whooping cough, as well as against witchcraft". Christians prayed to God through the intercession of Saint Walpurga in order to protect themselves from witchcraft, as Saint Walpurga was successful in converting the local populace to Christianity. In parts of Europe, people continue to light bonfires on Saint Walpurga's Eve in order to ward off evil spirits and witches. Others have historically made Christian pilgrimages to Saint Walburga's tomb in Eichstätt on the Feast of Saint Walburga, often obtaining vials of Saint Walburga's oil.

It is suggested that Walpurgis Night is linked with older May Day festivals in northern Europe, which also involved lighting bonfires at night, for example the Gaelic festival Beltane.

Local variants of Walpurgis Night are observed throughout Northern and Central Europe in the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Finland, and Estonia. In Finland, Denmark and Norway, the tradition with bonfires to ward off the witches is observed as Saint John's Eve, which commemorates the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist.

(Wikipedia)

I can just imagine the remedies Walpurga applied to cure rabies and whooping cough. 

Get your Saint Walburga's oil here, nothing like it for making those old femur crowns shine!

Meanwhile:

Beltane or Bealtaine (/ˈbɛl.teɪn/; Irish pronunciation: [ˈbʲal̪ˠt̪ˠənʲə], approximately /ˈb(j)ɒltɪnə/ B(Y)OL-tin-ə) is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May, or about midway between the spring equinox and summer solstice. Historically, it was widely observed in Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man. 

...  it marked the beginning of summer and was when cattle were driven out to the summer pastures. Rituals were performed to protect cattle, people and crops, and to encourage growth. Special bonfires were kindled, whose flames, smoke and ashes were deemed to have protective powers. The people and their cattle would walk around or between bonfires, and sometimes leap over the flames or embers. All household fires would be doused and then re-lit from the Beltane bonfire. These gatherings would be accompanied by a feast, and some of the food and drink would be offered to the aos sí. Doors, windows, byres and livestock would be decorated with yellow May flowers, perhaps because they evoked fire.

(Wikipedia)

Get yer ritual gear on, and proceed with the bonfires!

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

Walpurga was hailed by the Christians of Germany for battling pest, rabies, and whooping cough, as well as against witchcraft"

The Catholic stories in particular always take a steep nose dive into darkness for me whenever the battles against witchcraft get mentioned...  Anyone a bit different than 'the norm'... any women using the old pagan folk remedies to cure the same whooping cough... anyone who didn't 'act right'.  Kind of like the heavier and more virulent reactions by many to trans folks and the new awakening in society right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

The Catholic stories in particular always take a steep nose dive into darkness for me whenever the battles against witchcraft get mentioned...  Anyone a bit different than 'the norm'... any women using the old pagan folk remedies to cure the same whooping cough... anyone who didn't 'act right'.  Kind of like the heavier and more virulent reactions by many to trans folks and the new awakening in society right now.

The Vatican just published an official statement a couple weeks ago calling gender affirming surgery a disgrace to one's humanity or something like that. It's complicated because stuff like that causes me to roll my eyes, but I find the Catholic mystics to be very interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Maddie said:

The Vatican just published an official statement a couple weeks ago calling gender affirming surgery a disgrace to one's humanity or something like that. It's complicated because stuff like that causes me to roll my eyes, but I find the Catholic mystics to be very interesting. 

My impression from reading Catholic stuff is that there´s lots of room for dissenting opinions in Catholicism, that each person has to consult her own conscience about matters.  So perhaps the Catholic mystics you find interesting aren´t always in agreement with the official Vatican statements?  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

My impression from reading Catholic stuff is that there´s lots of room for dissenting opinions in Catholicism, that each person has to consult her own conscience about matters.  So perhaps the Catholic mystics you find interesting aren´t always in agreement with the official Vatican statements?  

True but I think officially what the Pope says is how it is, at least officially. Aside from that I have listened to Catholics that represent the entire spectrum of views. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I have never heard the vatican condemning surgery on little innocent intersex babies. These kids are assigned a gender without having a say in it.

Mystics of any religion are much more interesting then the official dogma's for the peepul

• Like 3

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

they've killed off my tribe with their witch hammer and I have not forgotten, nor forgiven.

its one of the things that can enrage me, apart from the horrid torture, they've efficiently bred out the voice of smart loudmouthed women, or so they like to think.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

its one of the things that can enrage me, apart from the horrid torture, they've efficiently bred out the voice of smart loudmouthed women, or so they like to think.

If this forum is representative of the larger society (and it may not be), their work is far from over. ^_^

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

If this forum is representative of the larger society (and it may not be), their work is far from over. ^_^

This bunch of bums is not representative and on top of that the ratio male female is heavily skewed. 

Too much women meekly do as the church tells them, thereby betraying their sisters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

This bunch of bums is not representative and on top of that the ratio male female is heavily skewed. 

Too much women meekly do as the church tells them, thereby betraying their sisters. 

Do people still go to church where you are?

On a personal note I moved to a majority Catholic country and a small rural village ( full of old ladies in black) - but I was amazed how relaxed and open minded they are about the few LGBT+ people who either live here or are related to those who do.

Also historically most witch trials and the like were 16/17th century puritans and not  the inquisition.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I was just contemplating this yesterday. Why are there so many more men on here than women? 

But in TCM its just the opposite. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

J.K. Rowling -- delightful author of beloved children´s book or enemy of trans people everywhere?  If anyone has an opinion and wants to share it, I´d be interested to know.

Just now, liminal_luke said:

J.K. Rowling -- delightful author of beloved children´s book or enemy of trans people everywhere?  If anyone has an opinion and wants to share it, I´d be interested to know.

JK Rowling is an anti trans TERF and a pretty cringe person all around. On the other hand Harry Potter is a wonderful piece of literature that I will always love. I just separate the art from the artist. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Maddie said:

I was just contemplating this yesterday. Why are there so many more men on here than women? 

I don´t know but I´ll throw out a theory.  Could it be that women generally prefer a more collaborative, friendly kind of internet engagement and that the forum lends itself to forceful, sometimes aggressive statements of opinion that some women find offputting?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I don´t know but I´ll throw out a theory.  Could it be that women generally prefer a more collaborative, friendly kind of internet engagement and that the forum lends itself to forceful, sometimes aggressive statements of opinion that some women find offputting?

I thought it was just the martial arts background of many plus the mantak chia retention syndrome which drives many young men here 

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1