Maddie

Transgender Q&A

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Yeah but Buddhism for Dummies?

Well aren't you Mr observant? LOL 🤣. The reason that's on my table is because that's a stack of books I'm going to bring to the half Price bookstore to trade in. Although it was really helpful at the very beginning of my exploration into Buddhism.

10 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Well aren't you Mr observant? LOL 🤣. The reason that's on my table is because that's a stack of books I'm going to bring to the half Price bookstore to trade in. Although it was really helpful at the very beginning of my exploration into Buddhism.

oh cope, cope, cope!!!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

she's still young, lets forgive her

I'm young ... aren't I?  :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Apech said:

I was being crass @blue eyed snake so sorry.

I did not mind, i know you mean well.

but it shows how easily people can misunderstand what is said and spread what they think they heard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I mean I think I agree because I had been wanting to get rid of that thing ever since I was little for that reason.

One of my best gay buddies has a thing for transmen but not me.  I´m all about the dick.  If I was in a carousing space and had a choice between a transman and a transwoman with a dick, well, I´d go for the transwoman every time.  Guess that makes me bi.  Wait till I tell my mom!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Apech said:

I'm young ... aren't I?  :)

Deep in  your heart you're the sweetest little kitten

9537459-pasgeboren-wit-kitten-slapen-foto.thumb.jpg.829bc3d20e7e5332872a27b6ac493999.jpg

Edited by blue eyed snake

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

One of my best gay buddies has a thing for transmen but not me.  I´m all about the dick.  If I was in a carousing space and had a choice between a transman and a transwoman with a dick, well, I´d go for the transwoman every time.  Guess that makes me bi.  Wait till I tell my mom!

prtscr-capture-4_3f2t.jpg

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I have a gay friend that loves trans men. But one thing interesting I noticed was once I started transitioning gay men stopped flirting with me and lesbians started lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I have a gay friend that loves trans men. But one thing interesting I noticed was once I started transitioning gay men stopped flirting with me and lesbians started lol.

Asexuality is sounding better and better.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Asexuality is sounding better and better.

don't talk of the well you do not want to drink

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

don't talk of the well you do not want to drink

I´m not exactly sure what you mean (is the well asexuality or lesbian sex or a particular body part that will go unnamed?) but I´m just joking around.  

Edited by liminal_luke

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

I´m not exactly sure what you mean (is the well asexuality or lesbian sex?) but I´m just joking around.  

I like being asexual 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

I like being asexual 🙂

Not to give myself too much credit or anything, but I kinda knew that.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I lived above Hamburger Mary's bar and grill in San Francisco in '80's.  Mary's was a part of the LGBTQ scene at that time, like the Stud across the street.  

A quick check reveals Hamburger Mary's lives, they even have a website showing seven or more locations nationwide--in SF, no more.

I loved to go to Mary's after work, have a beer, and play the pinball machines in the back.  They had a DJ, and sometimes I'd be dancing in the bar, I'd be the only one dancing in the bar.

I got hit up by the gay blades a couple of times, I'll admit I kind of resented that they couldn't tell that wasn't my persuasion off the top.  I remember the DJ Ted, whom everyone called Tess, telling me that I should try it sometime I might like it.

I remember two guys in long dresses in the bar once, I asked them what they were up to, they were just enjoying the experience and I appreciated their complete honesty.

Then there's our bringer of test cases, edge cases, the enlightening surrogate corpse, who says:

It is wonderful for men to use their dicks as powerful symbols of their masculinity. It is also wonderful for women to use their dicks as powerful symbols of their femininity. There is no contradiction between these. Both can be affirmed.

My life since 25 has been about learning to move from the inside out. 

They do an exercise in Aikido where a practitioner is blindfolded, and the students of the dojo attack the blindfolded individual, sometimes one at a time and sometimes all at once.  For me the exercise was instead staying upright on the dance floor at Mabuhay Gardens on Broadway.  An example of Mabuhay I've posted before--you can just catch a glimpse of the slamming going on at 44 seconds--those folks aren't bending over the stage 'cause they like bending:

One thing I've found is that the only real way to relate to people is from that place of inner awareness, like in the Aikido exercise.  

Oftentimes there's no there there in the populace at large, as Gertrude Stein once said of Oakland.  That makes it hard to relate, especially if someone has decided they "like it" and having a heart be damned.  That's prevalent in the culture at large, but especially evident sometimes in the gayer sections of San Francisco.

Anyway, I feel I've benefited greatly from the conversation here--thanks Maddie, thanks blue eyes, thanks transmogrified griffin.  Thanks, Luke, and that cat wherever it went.  Thanks, everybody!

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Is it?  Seems to me that almost everyone from a very young age can reliably sort people into male and female groupings at sight.

Little Olive ( 5 ) ;   "  Are you a boy or a girl ?"

Me :  " What do you think ?"

Olive; "  .......<  thinks> ..........   a boy !   ....< thinks more >  ......   why do boys have snakes between their legs ? "

Me;  " Ah ,  that , my little Olive ..... is a question you need to ask your mother . "

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

well....try to climb a tree, puddlejump, crouch through mud, catch toads dressed like this, while staying clean to top it off. As nice girls keep their clothing and shoes clean and neat. I just never aspired to be a nice girl I guess.

I preferred wellies, pants and  a sweater or shirt, 

at the end of the street nature began and I could play there all I wanted, as long as was at home in time for dinner everything was fine.

662917d181d03_jurrekie2.png.067fd27d52de4fe1c859bebe11a214d8.png662917922db0d_jurrekie1.thumb.png.109080d8e4fbb297bcf3a33b48900465.png

Oh my goodness !   If I had been a girl and got dressed like that  ... I could see why I  would have wanted pants .  I would have even wanted ' normal girl clothes .   

My pants discomfort actually came at a later stage .   probably from all those tight  stiff levi jeans .   I probably would be more 'comfortable'  in a different era ;

56f96bd7eecf5b5959c9e96147991487.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a00c97c20b31585c5e5326219930184e48ca67360916da9ad8d48afa89ad88e1&ipo=images

98 cents for a pair of pants  !    :o

Spoiler

https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/11/tight-fitted-mens-clothing-how-male-fashion-went-from-drapey-to-taut.html

Tourniquet Trousers and Straining Armholes

Can men’s clothing possibly get any tighter?

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

Oh, i do not feel excluded Luke, on the contrary. I've met many a man with the same sort of relation ( for want of a better word,) with their genitalia.

just like women who feel their boobs are an important part of their being female ( which was one of the reasons I have been so insecure about who am I btw. I've regarded those boobs as unwanted as first, because they got in the way playing, later they got in the way of feeling myself as suddenly the whole world was adamantly treating me as girl. And now they get in the way, quite literally when i look down. I never had any emotional relationship with em, the only reason I would like to not have em is they get in the way, useless pieces of flesh) so thats the same sort of reason I am not happy with the weight I gained, the wrinkles that appeared and I won't anybody touch a knife to my body.

But regarding the question whether a dick is a distinct marker of masculinity, i do agree. For almost all males it is.

and i guess this person agrees too.

( warning, sensitive content :ph34r: :D)

Hide contents

de-foto-van-levi-die-is-beklad-uit-de-serie-boys-do-cry-van

Now I cant help wondering what the bit of cloth is hiding  ?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Apech said:

Yeah but Buddhism for Dummies?

Strange but true, the author is actually a well-educated student of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, a highly respected Tibetan teacher, and has been since the early 70's.  I studied with both Landaw and Rinpoche in the early 2000's for a few years. Both know what they are talking about. :)

12733_sl-3_g.jpg?itok=C5OuhghM

Edited by stirling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, surrogate corpse said:

my main aim here is to make room for the odd, the vast, the beguiling, the wily, the freak B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Apech said:

Brother Luke trolls the thread.

No he is not trolling .... I    am leaving this thread  !    :angry:

Spoiler

Sorry , I was being sarcastically crass

;)

2 hours ago, Maddie said:

You also left your glass pipe out on the table .

Spoiler

;)

2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

she's still young, lets forgive her

Thats what I want to know .  How young ?   She looks very young , especially in that last picture . I was hesitant to ask but now remember this is Q & A

Hey Maddie , how old are you ?

2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

Deep in  your heart you're the sweetest little kitten

9537459-pasgeboren-wit-kitten-slapen-foto.thumb.jpg.829bc3d20e7e5332872a27b6ac493999.jpg

Yes ... but on here he is  ....

image.png.038d77f455f9b81bf0423d7482d273fb.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I like being asexual 🙂

I still dont know !  .....   A sexual what  ????? 

image.png.739b915e8256de512c4daacd0a41c0dc.png

• Haha 1