Maddie

Transgender Q&A

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Only ego can ever get triggered. 

Spirituality 101.

Guess what, I'm not enlightened so yeah I have an ego. So do you. 

Just now, Maddie said:

Guess what, I'm not enlightened so yeah I have an ego. So do you. 

No disagreements there. No idea why you even chose to bring that up. 

...I'm just curious, and I really mean no dissrespect.  But, can someone who claims to be a transgender woman, really actually believe they are a true biological woman?  How is this so?  You don't have a uterus, or female internal biology... you will never generate those organs after a certain period of human biological development and you will never be able to produce eggs.  And you cannot change this as a fact no matter how hard you try.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

...I'm just curious, and I really mean no dissrespect.  But, can someone who claims to be a transgender woman, really actually believe they are a true biological woman?  How is this so?  You don't have a uterus, or female internal biology... you will never generate those organs after a certain period of human biological development and you will never be able to produce eggs.  And you cannot change this as a fact no matter how hard you try.  

I don't think I'm a cis woman.

Does a woman that has had a hysterectomy not count as a real woman to you either. 

Edited by Maddie

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No disagreements there. No idea why you even chose to bring that up. 

I brought it up because you were saying that nothing you say would affect me were it not for ego. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I brought it up because you were saying that nothing you say would affect me were it not for ego. 

Perhaps another way to phrase it would be. "if an open discussion makes one's blood boil. Or if an opposite opinion makes you defensive or triggered, know you're defending an ego. And if you're defending an ego you're defending something false. And this can be a sign if one's position is really truthful or it's something devious"

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Salvijus said:

Perhaps another way to phrase it would be. "if an open discussion makes one's blood boil. Or if an opposite opinion makes you defensive or triggered, know you're defending an ego. And if you're defending an ego you're defending something false. And this can be a sign if one's position is really truthful or false. "

This is called gaslighting. Doing or saying offensive things and then blaming the person that was offended for getting upset about it. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 10:21 AM, Maddie said:

Yin/Yang indeed lol. 

There have actually been a number of psychological changes that have occurred since I began transitioning. When I began my medical transition I was put on a combination of testosterone blockers and estrogen pills. This completely changed my body chemistry from male to female. This had a dramatic effect on my emotional life and perceptions. 

For one thing I cry much  easier. Before as a man I would rarely cry, maybe once every few years. It wasn't that I was not trying to, it just didn't happen. Now I cry easily several times a week, and often for not obvious reason. This was one of the first changes I noticed. 

My sense of smell has become more sensitive as well. While many years of cultivation has made me sexually indifferent I perceive men differently than I used to. I used to be completely indifferent to a man's appearance aside from the obvious of realizing a well groomed in shape man was better looking than an unwashed bum (no offense Dao Bums). Now I find attractive men catching my eye in a way that they had not before. I am still not sexually attracted to them (nor am I to women) but I find them more aesthetically pleasing. 

Now here's one that I don't care for but you take the bad with the good. I have lost significant amounts of muscle strength, especially upper body strength. When I was in college I did jujitsu and did not find sparing with men to be difficult on a strength level, but now I am significantly overpowered when sparring with men. I guess the plus side is this forces me to rely on technique more, which is how its supposed to be in jujitsu lol. 

Those are a few of the more obvious changes that I was able to think of off the top of my head.  

Late-comer to the thread.  Thanks, Maddie, for putting yourself out there for our edification!

Wanted to mention the third hormone.  As Dr. John Lee used to say, "the chemical message of estrogen to cells is go forth, multiply, while the chemical message of progesterone is mature."

Which makes unbalanced estrogen carcinogenic.  Just saying, you could do worse than to look into topical progesterone--Dr. Lee worked with "Transitions for Health", a company owned and run by women in Oregon last I heard, to develop the progesterone cream the company sells as "Progest".  I use it daily for three weeks out of the month, then break for a week, per the doc's instructions.

Testosterone apparently doesn't really balance estrogen, or the doc wouldn't have recommended progesterone for men, which he did.  By the way, the medicos all confuse progesterone with progestins, but progesterone is molecularly identical to human progesterone, and the progestins are a molecule or two different.  That was done, the change by a molecule or two, to produce a compound that could be patented.  Progestins have side effects, in the physician's desk reference, while progesterone does not.

Available at your local Whole Foods.

I cry at dog-food commercials, so what!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Foote said:

Late-comer to the thread.  Thanks, Maddie, for putting yourself out there for our edification!

Wanted to mention the third hormone.  As Dr. John Lee used to say, "the chemical message of estrogen to cells is go forth, multiply, while the chemical message of progesterone is mature."

Which makes unbalanced estrogen carcinogenic.  Just saying, you could do worse than to look into topical progesterone--Dr. Lee worked with "Transitions for Health", a company owned and run by women in Oregon last I heard, to develop the progesterone cream the company sells as "Progest".  I use it daily for three weeks out of the month, then break for a week, per the doc's instructions.

Testosterone apparently doesn't really balance estrogen, or the doc wouldn't have recommended progesterone for men, which he did.  By the way, the medicos all confuse progesterone with progestins, but progesterone is molecularly identical to human progesterone, and the progestins are a molecule or two different.  That was done, the change by a molecule or two, to produce a compound that could be patented.  Progestins have side effects, in the physician's desk reference, while progesterone does not.

Available at your local Whole Foods.

I cry at dog-food commercials, so what!!

I actually had been taking progesterone, but I recently stopped because it was affecting my sleep cycle. 

Just now, Maddie said:

I actually had been taking progesterone, but I recently stopped because it was affecting my sleep cycle. 

That's interesting!  

Were you using a topical, like Progest, or some other form of the hormone?  

Just now, Mark Foote said:

That's interesting!  

Were you using a topical, like Progest, or some other form of the hormone?  

Pills, but I got tired of not sleeping through the night. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Maddie said:

This is called gaslighting. Doing or saying offensive things and then blaming the person that was offended for getting upset about it. 

"doing offencive things" there is no such thing in existence. People may choose to get offended by some things if it threatens their identity. That's all. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

Pills, but I got tired of not sleeping through the night. 

That would be progestins, then.

Dr. Lee said that with the topical, the body will shut down absorption when it has enough.  An advantage to the topical.

I've spoken to a lot of people about topical progesterone.  Only one of them said they didn't like the way it made them feel.  The difficulty with estrogen is the way it promotes breast and ovarian cancer, that friend did suffer breast cancer a few years back.  She's alright now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Maddie said:

In reality there's nothing that is not acceptable. Only ego finds things to be unacceptable. Things that threaten its survival. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Maddie said:

If what I'm saying is gaslighting to you. Then by your definition all buddhism and every other authentic spiritual group is a giant gaslighting lol. 

Or maybe what I'm saying is just a simple truth... 

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

If what I'm saying is gaslighting to you. Then by your definition all buddhism and every other authentic spiritual group is a giant gaslighting lol. 

Or maybe what I'm saying is just a simple truth... 

Nope it's very thinly veiled bigotry and the veil is a thin coat of gaslight.

Again.  Wow.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Nope it's very thinly veiled bigotry and the veil is a thin coat of gaslight.

Again.  Wow.

I bet all your wisdom would fly out the window the moment I asked you to back up your observations with actual arguments. 

Simply labeling somebody with bunch of words has no substance to it. Gosh... So childish. 

Edited by Salvijus

5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

To continue with my previous thought without thunder interfering me. 

For example, in Ayurveda even plants are categorized into male and female according to their energetic qualities. Even tho plants have no genitals. Energetics are much more of what we are than the body really. And personally traits are probably shallow aspect of us aswell. 

image.png.4ca2ffc2d4b141150098b2a4cb2c1e32.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

image.png.4ca2ffc2d4b141150098b2a4cb2c1e32.png

Okay, I accept my defeat and I stand corrected :D

But people know the point I was trying to make and get through... (hopefully) 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I bet all your wisdom would fly out the window the moment I asked you to back up your observations with actual arguments. 

Simply labeling somebody with bunch of words has no substance to it. Gosh... So childish. 

This wouldn't bother you if it weren't for your ego lol 🤭🤭

Edited by Maddie

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

This wouldn't bother you if it weren't for your ego lol 🤭🤭

True true. Good thing I never claimed to be enlightened. Phew.. What a relief :D

I guess I'm going to wrap this up. Plus I'm going to sleep and I don't want to carry this energy with me. 

I will end this by saying, I meant no conflict tho I expected this reaction somewhat. 

Also I'm a total moron, and I love you guys/gals. Sorry thunder. You're cool too. 

I hope we can be best friends forever :D

Tcare all. 

• Like 1

9 times out of 10 when someone starts a statement "I don't want to offend  but...." its going to be offensive. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Then why do so many adult women squeak in this shrill high-pitched little girl's voice -- at least here in CA it seems to be the norm more than an exception?..  I have my theory...  but I'll keep it to myself.

Oh, please dont  .....   :) 

Adult woman high pitched little girl voice  .... ugh !     I assume its conditioning learnt when 'persuading daddy '  .   Like the older version learnt in persuading other men ;  big eyes , shoulders back and slow wiggle of bobbies side to side . 

Or some decide to amp up in a near hysterical tantrum .

I guess the man version is ;  deep low in control voice ..... " Dont concern yourself Ma'am , I'll take care of it. "

or some decide to amp up in a psuedo (or not ) violent little boy tantrum .

I do find lower pitched voices more attractive -- by far.  Just this past weekend I went hiking with two other people and on the trail a hiking family passed us going in the opposite direction, and the man was telling something to his kids in this very very low rumbling bass.  After they went out of the hearing range, I instantly commented to my companions,

"mmm...  dark chocolate voice!"  (I wasn't attracted to social advantages or the man himself, who was short and balding and not mine, just to the sound itself.)        

• Like 1