Maddie

Transgender Q&A

27 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

https://www.psu.edu/news/research/story/low-voice-pitch-increases-standing-among-strangers/

lower pitches seen as more attractive and formidable

formidable, sacre bleu!

Then why do so many adult women squeak in this shrill high-pitched little girl's voice -- at least here in CA it seems to be the norm more than an exception?..  I have my theory...  but I'll keep it to myself.

I do find lower pitched voices more attractive -- by far.  Just this past weekend I went hiking with two other people and on the trail a hiking family passed us going in the opposite direction, and the man was telling something to his kids in this very very low rumbling bass.  After they went out of the hearing range, I instantly commented to my companions,

"mmm...  dark chocolate voice!"  (I wasn't attracted to social advantages or the man himself, who was short and balding and not mine, just to the sound itself.)        

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I always know my various spiritual practices are working when my voice goes down in pitch, though perhaps that´s just me.  My baseline level of anxiety keeps it in a higher register and qigong and meditation tend to bring it back to what I consider my natural, lower voice.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Then why do so many adult women squeak in this shrill high-pitched little girl's voice

to trigger the parental instinct of the listener 

27 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

was short and balding and not mine,

“Feo Fuerte y Formal”

5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

my various spiritual practices are working when my voice goes down in pitch

what he said

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

but energies do tend to behave different in male versus female bodies. And not every male body behaves like any other

I was thinking. Even to be pregnant. It's not enough to have a womb. There needs to be specific energetic wiring for that. The energetic 'software' inside you needs to be fundamentally different than in a male's body to carry out all the necessary functioning that is not just physical but deeply energetic. These energetic differences are there probably on many layers of subtle body of a human being. I believe that is what determines one's gender. Not the shape of the body, the length of your hair, not the makeup, not your name, or personality traits. 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I was thinking. Even to be pregnant. It's not enough to have a womb. There needs to be specific energetic wiring for that. The energetic 'software' inside you needs to be fundamentally different than in a male's body to carry out all the necessary functioning that is not just physical but deeply energetic. These energetic differences are there probably on many layers of subtle body of a human being. I believe that is what determines one's gender. Not the shape of the body, the length of your hair, not the makeup, or personality traits. 

There's a word for beings just made of energy where bodies are not a factor..... ghosts 👻 

Edited by Maddie
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

My definition is on 7 levels;  a man should have '7 heads' . But I won't go into that here  .....   off topic .

I will say however that in some of these systems , what 'makes you a man' might be considered effeminate  in some western views . Eg . in the Samurai tradition , you are not a 'real man' unless  you can arrange a nice bunch of flowers  (ikibana ) , appreciate nature and beauty ,  write beautiful and meaningful poetry , and in a beautiful calligraphic style and spend some time on your hairdo and facial make up

Would you care to make it a topic? :) 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Maddie said:

There's a word for beings just made of energy where bodies are not a factor..... ghosts 👻 

You're saying that as if ghosts obviously don't exist. 

But maybe we are ghosts with a body? 

Or perhaps we should change the word ghost into astral body, etheric body, causal body, psychic body, karmic body, pranic body and who knows what other layers of the body are there. 

Have you really never heard of humans having multiple layers of subtle bodies and physical body being the grossest manifestation of them all? I definitely heard it in yoga bunch of times, I believe I heard Damo Mitchel talk about it aswell from daoist point of view. It's there in theosophy aswell. I feel fairly confident that the same teaching is in every spiritual tradition that delves into the spiritual sciences/occult knowledge etc.

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

You're saying that as if ghosts obviously don't exist. 

But maybe we are ghosts with a body? 

Or perhaps we should change the word ghost into astral body, etheric body, causal body, psychic body, karmic body, pranic body and who knows what other layers of the body are there. 

Have you really never heard of humans having multiple layers of subtle bodies and physical body being the grossest manifestation of them all? I definitely heard it in yoga bunch of times, I believe I heard Damo Mitchel talk about it aswell from daoist point of view. It's there in theosophy aswell. I feel fairly confident that the same teaching is in every spiritual tradition that delves into the spiritual sciences/occult knowledge etc.

I've heard of a lot of things.....

3 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yea, I'm actually aware of your position on esoteric things from before. 

47 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

to trigger the parental instinct of the listener 

That's a more merciful theory than mine, and probably correct in some cases...  and mine, in others.  

48 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

“Feo Fuerte y Formal”

🤣

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I think you've put yourself in a very complicated and unpleasant position where you have to deny the existence of anything beyond the body, like chi, astral body etc. In order to justify the act of Transgenderism. Because the existence of these things would make you deeply question the validity of trans phylosophy. 

I've picked up on that vibe before. Of that subtle effort to disprove all things spiritual in the name of genuine skeptism but actually it was just clever defense mechanism to justify being Trans. I did not know how to articulate or point it out then. It's quite a mess. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus

Eh....I think it was courageous of Maddie to start this thread, and I´m glad it gave us the chance to ask questions and voice opinions about this sometimes divisive topic.  It´s gone better than I would of predicted.  I think it´s one thing to comment on the science, politics, or societal implications of transgenderism; and another thing entirely to weigh in on somebody else´s personal choices.

Maddie says she´s happier now that she has transitioned and I see no reason not to believe her. The way I see it, personal experience always trumps (pun very much not intended) abstract spiritual theory about chi or ghosts or Buddhist doctrine.  Maddie is happy, or at least happier, and I am happy for her.  What more is there to say?  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I think you've put yourself in a very complicated and unpleasant position where you have to deny the existence of anything beyond the body, like chi, astral body etc. In order to justify the act of Transgenderism. Because the existence of these things would make you deeply question the validity of trans phylosophy. 

I've picked up on that vibe before. Of that subtle effort to disprove all things spiritual in the name of genuine skeptism but actually it was just clever defense mechanism to justify being Trans. I did not know how to articulate or point it out then. It's quite a mess. 

earlier in the thread there were mentions of indigenous people who accepted people with not normative gender and sexuality in their tribes.

regarding the spiritual part of it, although I hate that word.

It's the outer layer of the bubble, usually called the causal body that holds information about karma and former incarnations, a long line of male incarnations followed by a female incarnation could cause feeling male although the gross body is female.( and vice versa)

So nothing has to be denied

least of all the fact that some people are born like that and have to deal with it, that's not being helped by centuries of denial of our existence, man and woman he created them, and in the name of that god everybody that is different is still doomed.

It's a deep groove in society.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maddie said:

Hey I obviously can't answer this for you but to me you sound trans. Have you ever considered transitioning? I hope you don't mind the question. 

you're a dear,

I am at that stage of life were one says no to lifesaving surgery because the quality of life is more important then the quantity.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

It's the outer layer of the bubble, usually called the causal body that holds information about karma and former incarnations, a long line of male incarnations followed by a female incarnation could cause feeling male although the gross body is female.( and vice versa)

So nothing has to be denied

So if we all contain many incarnations of male lives and many incarnations of female lives. Why be fixated on changing the shape of your body? How is that supposed to make you feel better. Or make you feel more "real you"? 

Btw, I'm not trying to condemn any group of people. 

Edited by Salvijus

45 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Just because I don't agree with you does not mean you know what I think or don't think. 

24 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

@Salvijus

Eh....I think it was courageous of Maddie to start this thread, and I´m glad it gave us the chance to ask questions and voice opinions about this sometimes divisive topic.  It´s gone better than I would of predicted.  I think it´s one thing to comment on the science, politics, or societal implications of transgenderism; and another thing entirely to weigh in on somebody else´s personal choices.

Maddie says she´s happier now that she has transitioned and I see no reason not to believe her. The way I see it, personal experience always trumps (pun very much not intended) abstract spiritual theory about chi or ghosts or Buddhist doctrine.  Maddie is happy, or at least happier, and I am happy for her.  What more is there to say?  

It's good that she's happy. I just felt inspired to have an open discussion about a 'hot' topic these days. Nobody should feel threatened by things I wrote I believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Just because I don't agree with you does not mean you know what I think or don't think. 

It's good, it's good. You don't need to agree with my observations indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

It's good that she's happy. I just felt inspired to have an open discussion about a 'hot' topic these days. Nobody should feel threatened by things I wrote I believe. 

What if they do?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

What if they do?

Let me rephrase that. 

"nothing I wrote was meant as an attack" 

If people interpreted that way. It probably means they are defending their ego surrounding that topic. Because only ego can get defensive and uncomfortable about a discussion. 

Edited by Salvijus

12 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

you're a dear,

I am at that stage of life were one says no to lifesaving surgery because the quality of life is more important then the quantity.

For what its worth, up until we started doing the selfie sharing thing a little while ago I had always assumed you were male. Just the energy I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Let me rephrase that. 

"nothing I wrote was meant as an attack" 

If people interpreted that way. It's probably means they are defending their ego surrounding that topic. Because only ego can get defensive and uncomfortable about a discussion. 

That sounds like gatekeeping and gaslighting. 

I'm going to say something and if you find it offensive then its your problem not mine. 

Just now, Maddie said:

I'm going to say something and if you find it offensive then its your problem not mine. 

Only ego can ever get triggered. 

Spirituality 101.

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

To get offended you first need to take things personally. That's the definition of egoic reaction, versus being a neutral impersonal awareness. Your true self. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Maddie said:

And being triggered always exposes that you're defending something. And that something is always something false. Because truth never feels under threat or in need of defending hence it never gets triggered. 

Edited by Salvijus