Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Have you ever been blessed by someone?

I assisted a Thai Buddhist monk. While walking with him, I felt a beautiful energy come over me from his direction. It felt like he blessed me for helping him. 

One must be careful in what they think of others to ensure they do no harm. A blessing or a curse.

Has anyone been in the presence of someone and felt their presence whether good or bad?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Wow stimpy!  yes!  a thousand times yes.  This is perhaps the central pivot to my experience and process of life and cultivation.

Much of my life has been the process of coming to a dynamic dance of processing, engaging/rejecting/accepting and releasing the energies that flow through awareness and physicality from the environment around me.  And the resultant stories that derive from their impact.

Perhaps more than any other aspect of life... the influence of the fields of energy emitted by 'others' has been a driving force behind my exploration of my own personal nature.  Who Am I?  what am i?  Where do "i" begin and where does 'other' leave off? 

Particularly in how these influences trigger The Storyteller and the narratives that derive from it and what they reveal about my true nature.  Also the process of developing a dimmer switch was a driving force for cultivation whereby in certain places, and around certain fields i might dampen or soften the impact on awareness of various influences coming in...

Spoiler

To expand a bit... This relates intimately to what was shared in another recent topic regarding inner and outer life.  And in recent months there is a burgeoning sense just beneath conscious awareness... an unfolding from a great depth involving the realization of the compound nature of awareness on a fundamental level.  I am not a single awareness engaging with the universe.  "i" am the compound network of all the influences that have impacted awareness ever... and the resonations and reverberances of those impacts to the reactions of local awareness and story that derive from their initial contact.

The effects/affects are not limited to people, though humans are experienced as absolute enormous powerstations of pulsations, signals and fields of influence.  Awareness of this shifted for me on a direct cognitive level on a Saturday night after transmission from Zhou Ting Jue back in 2011 in Santa Cruz.   He did not create this process, but the resultant confluence of his presence and mine... my  asking and opening to be receptive to what his influence emanated, seemed to catalyze an active inertial process from which local awareness could actively engage in this process... and from that time a shift occured that has developed into its own new dynamic.

Looking back across the decades this process overall began in my teens and in the dialogue 'i' developed with my dreaming self and the images shared and experienced in the lucid dreamscapes.   Jung's Active Imagination was key i sense in forming a foundation prior to meeting Zhou that fostered the lasting inertia (instead of the effect diminishing after a few days or a season of not being near the initial triggering field/person/place).

Insects veritably sing with influence and presence.  And Bees in particular!  Dear gods and goddesses the presence of Bees emanates such delightful potency and vitality!

Stones and Trees have always resonated with a resounding intensity, though their specious time being so much slower than mine, their influence is much milder for me.  To engage it requires a softening of my field's focus or the effects skim across the surface of my faster paced awareness.  The work and explorations of Dr Bernard Carr into the nature of consciousness and the length of a moment in regards to our specious timing as entities of awareness is particularly resonant and has potent gravity of late.  He has several conversations with Dr Bernado Kastrup in particular on the foundational nature of consciousness to the unfolding of physical reality that resonate with potency and insight.

Machinery, Infrastructure also sing, pulse and emanate... particularly that which has maintained a form for decades or centuries.  The Shinto tradition has always resonated on this for me in how it describes the induction of 'souls' into any 'non sentient' object that maintains a form for more than 100 yearstheir arbitrary number

The dance of life and exploration of self is the exploration of the interplay of inner and outer, me and not me... neti neti... by identifying that which i consider to be not my true nature... i come to understand my true nature a bit more in contrast? 

It's a dance for sure, that analogy holds.  And like dancing, there is no end goal to arrive at some established point on the floor, or to 'get to the end'... the point is to dance the dancing and engage as is with what is, now, in being and presence... but to engage actively, not to simply react and go along with no awareness or observation.

Edited by silent thunder
ramble and clarify
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One time I was at some crystals/new agey shop and when I paid at the cashier the girl gave me £1 change back and said “I hope you have a lucky day” or something along those lines. I felt like that coin was lucky, or whatever she said meant that I would be lucky with whatever I did next. So I bought a £1 scratch card and ended up winning £100 from it. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

If I have, they did a really bad job.

Joking aside...I can remember vividly, and count on my two hands, the most significant times that people have been kind to me. When I was in high-school, I didn't have money to buy lunch. But I stopped bringing lunch from home, because I got bullied by other kids for what I had to eat. (Ramen noodles...) To avoid getting bullied,  I stopped eating entirely. One of my teachers-my homeroom teacher at the time, found out about this, she would sneak me snacks. Leftover food from her own lunch, leftovers from the spanish club like imported candies. She always gave me her chai lattes, because she didn't 'like' them...Though I think from that point on she continued buying them only for me.

There was also the time when I lost my home to a house fire, and all of my belongings, and my previous second grade teacher offered to donate toys to me. I said no...I felt bad taking something from someone else. (In hindsight, I should have said yes, because I never really had much from that point on. We had lost everything.) Still, nobody else had asked me anything like that.

There was also during my first job, as a dog groomer, and there was a day I had been working for 12 hours, I think after a few days in a row, and I hadn't been sleeping well. My boss was running me ragged. You know, I was hired to just wash the dogs, but I was also cleaning everything, I was grooming the dogs, I was washing them, I was lifting them from the ground into the tub all of the time, and a lot of them were pretty big. And I was still only being paid enough to wash them. I must have looked awful, because there was a girl that came up to me, she pressed a five dollar bill into my hand, and she said, 'don't tell,' because if my boss found out she'd tipped me, she'd be angry. I wonder what kind of look I had on my face then, I must have looked at her like she was God, hahaha.

And then more recently, about a year ago maybe, (or maybe two now,) around my birthday, I was planning on taking my own life. I had already tried twice by then. My health had already gone to the dogs by my 20's. I didn't have any friends. I had no money. My family hated me. I did not know if I was ever even going to get any better. I had not spoken to anyone in a really long time, because nobody would speak to me. I had no hope for a future, and nothing that I did brought me any happiness anymore. I was in bed most of the time, I didn't eat, I lost a lot of weight, etc.

That week I bought my first journal, I wanted to at least leave something. But then, not shortly after that, something really dumb happened. A person said something to me. And then kept talking. I was like. What is going on. Why are you talking to me? Are you stupid? People don't talk to me. Nobody ever does this. He was raving about stuff he liked. Video games, tv shows, things I had no interest or joy in anymore. But he seemed so excited and happy about it. So I listened. I was jealous of him. I was baffled. Maybe even a little bit mad at him. How can you care so much about trivial things like this when life is falling apart?! He started throwing things at me, one after another, making me listen to this, watch that, play this game. I didn't want to be rude so I did, and I wasted so much time doing it that I didn't have time to think about anything else. Before I knew it, the time went.

And it's not that I thought that they were dumb, I was just confused, because I couldn't understand how they made him happy. Maybe out of spite, I took that journal that I had bought for other reasons, and I started using it for something else. I started writing to remember things that made me 'happy.' Not happy, but, at least made my day a little less worse. This is when I started drawing things in there, too. I didn't have any art supplies at first, so I used charcoal in my wood stove. I think this was the first thing I drew. (Or it was the sunflower? I genuinely don't remember.)

Anyway, when my spanish teacher saw me not eating, when my second grade teacher offered me toys when I lost my home, that girl that pressed a five dollar bill into my palm so I could buy a treat after working really hard that week, and that person that spoke to me when nobody else would, if those aren't 'blessings,' I don't know what is. So...maybe? I guess they were, to me.

(...That was really difficult to talk about.)

Edited by Unota
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I assisted a Thai Buddhist monk. While walking with him, I felt a beautiful energy come over me from his direction. It felt like he blessed me for helping him. 

One must be careful in what they think of others to ensure they do no harm. A blessing or a curse.

Has anyone been in the presence of someone and felt their presence whether good or bad?

Hmmmm ... the thread title and OP are somewhat different . I got blessed a lot as a child as family was Roman Catholic . I even saw our car get blessed by our local priest , he mumbled stuff, did magic signs with hinds  hands over it and sprinkled water on it and then my father slipped him ten bucks .  I asked why he slipped him ten bucks and got an explanation about 'church costs' and so on ....

' But why could you have not put it in the donation box or one of the donation slots at the church entrance , why , sort of, pass it 'secretly' like that ' ?   No doubt more of my annoying observations and questions   ;)

I have certainly been in the presence of someone and felt 'their presence'  to be good or bad .

Edited by Nungali
changed typo 'hinds' to 'hands' - no the priest did not put his hinds all over our car as a blessing :)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Celestial Fox Beast said:

Yep, one time when I toss a coin to a bum, I didn't like it... plus I have one coin minus, so I have never done it again.

You are new here, aren't you  ?

.... on planet Earth I mean .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

One time I was at some crystals/new agey shop and when I paid at the cashier the girl gave me £1 change back and said “I hope you have a lucky day” or something along those lines. I felt like that coin was lucky, or whatever she said meant that I would be lucky with whatever I did next. So I bought a £1 scratch card and ended up winning £100 from it. 

Did you go back and tell her ... and say you would like to share some of it with her .....   "  I 'll buy you dinner ."

- or did you just walk back past and throw a coin at her ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Did you go back and tell her ... and say you would like to share some of it with her .....   "  I 'll buy you dinner ."

- or did you just walk back past and throw a coin at her ?

My wife was with me so I did neither. However I did buy £100 worth of more scratch cards and didn’t win much back.

Nowadays I’m not as greedy when I win.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I was driving home from work.  I was doing just faster than the speed limit. A faster car came up behind me. I could tell they were impatient and angry I was blocking their way. They started to tall gate me to go faster, then flashing their lights. Normally I would pull to the side to let them through as its not worth the trouble but there was no safe space to pull over too.

Like in the instance where I was blessed by the monk, and I could feel the energy of the blessing, I felt the negative energy from the driver behind me try to take hold of me. Our initial response to being assaulted is to immediately put up the defences and fight back in self defence. Luckily in the moment, I remembered my practice to remain as being and let the energy pass through without clinging to it. 

It amazes me now, that we are going through life and assaulting people with our own thoughts when we have negative emotions or are angry at someone. Be careful what you think of others as the thoughts are not just restricted to the space within you. 

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Problems come from putting on the outside what’s actually on the inside. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Have you ever been blessed by someone?” (thread title). I received the blessing of the Dalai Lama in 1994. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Problems come from putting on the outside what’s actually on the inside. 

I think its interesting to look at what is inside and what is outside.

An interesting practice is spending time, looking to find where is the mind physically located. When a thought rises up in the mind, where does it physically appear. 

My own insights is thoughts appear in the same space of the mind that includes both inside and outside.  

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Have you ever been blessed by someone?” (thread title). I received the blessing of the Dalai Lama in 1998.

What did it feel like?

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

Awareness is flow.

Its interesting I have heard stories of people being in the presence of great masters who induce an elevated consciousness and then people have trouble speaking.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:05 PM, idiot_stimpy said:

Its interesting I have heard stories of people being in the presence of great masters who induce an elevated consciousness and then people have trouble speaking.

My God Stimpy   !

You have done it !    I finally got my answer    , its been bugging me since I joined daobums ;

Why so many people do not ( can not )  respond to my posts  !

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nungali said:

I finally got my answer … Why so many people do not ( can not )  respond to my posts  !

Yippee. Me too! :lol:

Edited by Cobie

On 3/11/2024 at 8:05 PM, idiot_stimpy said:

Here are two comments on the /r/Buddhism subreddit about someone's experience with both a Theravada master and some Tibetan masters that you might find interesting. They mention being "downloaded" here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Buddhism/comments/6j7d2b/reflections_after_serving_3_months_at_a_vipassana/djcjgef/

and then in a reply they explain what they meant by that:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Buddhism/comments/6j7d2b/reflections_after_serving_3_months_at_a_vipassana/djcrc6o/

There was a post on this forum about a Westerner (John Blofeld, I think) meeting a Daoist master before WWII, and having a similar experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

John Blofeld's recounting of his meetings with Daoist Sages in his book The Secret and Sublime was for me, sublime... something of a blessing.

In particular his recounting the meeting with  Tseng Lao-Weng was paradigm shifting and struck resonance in awareness like lightning from a clear blue sky.

Instant and lasting shift.

vajra!

Edited by silent thunder
Viking Thumbz, tiny keys
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this