Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Lower Tan Tien breathing animation/s (?)

Here's an idea that I mailed to Sean, but he's too busy, and I've got a full plate already. Might be a fun idea for any of you with graphics arts background + interest...

I was thinking that it might be fun to do "simple oval" animations of LTT breathing, one or maybe 2-3 variations. Could be as simple as cross sections of the lower torso drawn simply as an ovals, that contracts and expands. I was thinking that in the simplest case the oval would be just an oval line, no fill-in. A lot of the more complicated methods could be done with just the addition of an inner concentric oval that could represent inner-tissue-fascia layer, and maybe a dot in the center. Obviously could get more complex. Does this pique your artistic giggle? (Probably you'll do a whole LTT thangka with rainbow emanations and clear light disolution, friggin' crazy artist. lol)

Trunk, I believe I still have a lot of stagnation in my pelvic area from retention and chia's pc excercises

I was recently at your website and I noticed you mentioned that you think doing lower tan tien

breathing on a vibration platform is the best thing for pelvic stagnation

luckly for me I have a vibration platform

This may sound stupid but how exactly do you suggest lower tan tien breathing be performed is it just lower

abdomen inhalation/expansion exhalation/contraction deep breathing?

thank you

I think its a great idea....

Any progress?

Nope.

... but I renew the invitation to anyone who wants to contribute, w/ or w/out graphics experience. Could be a simple animated gif made with the free graphics program GIMP and some ovals drawn in ms-paint. If they're worth while (needn't be complex, the simpler the better) I'd include them at my site with a thank you!. It'd be good for the community. :)

Great idea! I am downloading the program now, but I dont know anything about graphics stuff so dont hold your breath... unless your doing breathing exercises. :lol:

Great idea! I am downloading the program now, ... :lol:

woo-hoo! :D

p.s. Just to be clear, I'm interested in the moderate breathing practices: regular LTT breathing to start, maybe reverse. Not sealed off & squeezed in from all sides (packing breathing).

Well, let's just keep the dream alive and it'll happen someone somehow sometime. No rush.

Edited by Trunk

I'm fairly proficient with photoshop, I'm downloading imp right now, I'll give it a rip on my lunch break :)

I'm fairly proficient with photoshop, I'm downloading imp right now, I'll give it a rip on my lunch break :)

R'on.

I'm hoping/assuming the gimp program + some simple graphics (ovals) will be able to do it - but I have no fancy graphic experience, so I'm not sure.

If only you'd asked a month ago, I'm kinda busy for at least the next 2 months, maybe longer. But if you can direct me to what exactly the animation should look like I'll try to do something if I have some spare time and feel like working on something different. I don't wanna do something which gives the wrong picture of the exercise :o

Jan20f.gif

Jan20e.gif:lol:

hahahaaa nice

I'll get a start with some simple ovals - I went and tried getting way too complex and got off track :lol: Dont have a ton of time to sink into it, but I should be able to get ovals done soon.

I'm a regular participant at a figure drawing group. If you have any drawing needs let me know. Being somewhat old school, my preferred medium is graphite on paper.

simple ovals

imo, that's what it should be. Super simple ovals to represent a cross-section of the lower torso... but no detail, no shadings, no organs (etc) drawn, not a figure drawing. Maybe one single animated oval for LTT breathing, probably two (one inside the other) for reverse.

Obviously, once put on a web-page (or posted for discussion in a TTBs thread) some little text will be written below each graphic, but not as a part of the graphic itself.

Steady smooth inhale~exhale. Approx count of 5 for each. Like butter. This is not a clenching approach to method.

Edited by Trunk

dangit, doesnt look like gimp animates...I think I might have something, gotta go digging....I have a quick first shot at it of natural breathing done...at least the slides, anyway

ok, trial versions work :lol:

how's this gelatinous blob of an example?

natural-abdominal-breath.gif

Edited by joeblast

how's this gelatinous blob of an example?

Good start. imho, the starting shape would best be boring-simple. :mellow: Something like...

post-19-1232748452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trunk

I tried to replicate different directions having different limits of excursion in movement...I think the only part that I messed up on was there wasnt any "anchor point" on the bottom left, so it made it 'float' kinda weird. I'll try another like that and try to anchor it properly, and I'll also try one with your example.

I'll try another like that and try to anchor it properly, and I'll also try one with your example.

I think there's going to be a number of these, with variations of method, and any number of people might make them to add to the discussion over time. For instance, you emphasized the front expanding and contracting. There's also e/c equally to front & back, or just back. Then there's reverse breathing. The boring shape is a good starting pt for whichever variation, and for whomever might want to tinker with others. imho.

~ later edit ~

I mean, what if we want the side view of a torso?: I'm for an oval, tall up on its end, maybe with a belly button, maybe an oval head.

Blobs are cool, and figure drawing even more so, but they're not the right tool for this job, imo.

Edited by Trunk

Sign in to follow this