idiot_stimpy

Spiritual arrogance and it's pitfall

Discussion about those seekers of truth who develop an arrogance of the ego that they are, and their practice is superior than others.

The same can be said for those who become self identified with the path, dressing in elaborate clothes, taking elaborate names, when all that is happening is the ego is changing roles to something else.

This is a pitfall and should be watched for.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

Discussion about those seekers of truth who develop an arrogance of the ego that they are, and their practice is superior than others.

The same can be said for those who become self identified with the path, dressing in elaborate clothes, taking elaborate names, when all that is happening is the ego is changing roles to something else.

Now now Stimpy ..... you are not being critical of the  ' Holy Vestments '   are you    ?

{ Dont miss the finale }

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I admit, I am and have been guilty of spiritual arrogance. 

Hang on, I will dig out my 'Confessional vestments  ' .

image.png.0840ce94c0ddbd334aeb1fbf0ef79298.png

" Godammit ! Is it the lilac or the mid forest green one ?  I can never remember this shit . "

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:52 AM, idiot_stimpy said:

And it can come in many sizes, shapes, and flavors.

It can be obvious or extremely subtle. 

17 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I admit, I am and have been guilty of spiritual arrogance. 

Me too, and likely will again...

I just want to take a moment and say that it's really nice to have you active lately, @idiot_stimpy.

The subject matter of your threads and sincerity of your posts have inspired me to engage a bit more in discussion.

Thank you

• Like 3

"My dear Watson," said Sherlock Holmes, "I cannot agree with those who rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are, and to underestimate one's self is as much a departure from truth as to exaggerate one's own powers." -- Arthur Conan Doyle 

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great."  -- Golda Meir

• Like 6

3 hours ago, steve said:

I just want to take a moment and say that it's really nice to have you active lately, @idiot_stimpy.

The subject matter of your threads and sincerity of your posts have inspired me to engage a bit more in discussion.

Thank you

Thank you for your kind words. I was inactive for many years but have been drawn back to get some perspective on a few things. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Taomeow said:

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great."  -- Golda Meir

Self-deprecation can be a shrewd social move in the relational chess game of modern life, a masterful (if lonely) form of spiritual arrogance.  It´s so hard to be a genuine person.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Self-deprecation can be a shrewd social move in the relational chess game of modern life, a masterful (if lonely) form of spiritual arrogance.  It´s so hard to be a genuine person.

It's hard to be a genuine person unless you're in the wu-wei mindset.  In that mindset, you are a part of everyone else.  And as we are all part of the same Whole, you know the other person to your core, because you have the same configuration in your core.  

I know that you are the same as me inside, because when you are emotionally sad, physical tears come out of your eyes.  The same thing happens to me.  Therefore, our systems must be the same template, only with different conditionings.

In doing 'not-doing' in all situations, you are going with the flow of life.  You let the dynamics come to you, and the higher self inside of you will know how to handle everything that comes down the pike.

And "Don't be so humble, you're not that great" will now be part of my arsenal.

• Like 5