idiot_stimpy

Alien encounters during dream

44 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

Do people here think they are actually encountering aliens while asleep? Or just having dreams about alien-like beings?

As OP made no claims of an alien divination, what makes you wonder?

My dreams tend to be about realistic situations.

Without remembering dreams and a dream journal how can you know the tendency though ?

I do not remember dreams too often. And I only remember a few small snippets of dreams when I wake up.

Unless I'm woken up in the middle of them, I tend not to remember my dreams.  I've worked on dream recall and lucidity with limited success.  I'm not a natural whereas my sensei would serial dream- going back to the same dream world each night in a semi-lucid state.

I think there's good dreams with solid messages and junk dreams that are more scramble of the unconscious.  

One time I attained lucidity because I was talking to an old friend, then realized he'd passed away, thus so I must be dreaming.  

1 hour ago, stirling said:

I know what you mean, but would say my experience of "mind" at this point is that there is just what arises moment to moment. Nothing hidden, or that could be hidden. 

To clarify "story": Some meaning applied to a series of events that is devised by the thinking mind, having both a past and future that somehow interconnect. 

My experience is that the past and future are always ONLY thoughts appearing in mind now - a story having no reality in this moment. 

yes, you explain it much better then I could.

about the imagery i saw, that started during standing meditation and part of that imagery was clearly part of this life and close to the surface. Teacher told me: "try to just observe and then let go"  now, many year later I take that to mean do not renew your attachment to these things. Do not make a new story about those things that happened to you in the past. As part of these were images I knew exactly what they were and were they came from. Part of them were very strange though and at the time I did make stories to " explain" what i saw.

then later streams of images started popping up in that interlude between waking and sleep. at first faces, all different, staring at me, or so i imagined. Remembering the " just observe" I did that and as time progressed the images became weirder, i did not try to label anymore but their have been images I could not even label. Following the lead of the one who taught me i have never tried to analyze it and glad about that. Must have been 2 or 3 years this happened.

sometimes there were nice faces that I wanted to see again... now i see that was a form of 'not letting go' but as time progressed the images became sort of devoid of meaning, they just were.

Sometimes scary imagenry, mutilated figures, threatening figures, fire and ruins and ashes. Also unspeakable beauty

Like the kaleidoscope I had as a kid, sometimes there were kaleidoscope like figures too but mostly faces, humanoid shapes and weirdness, unspeakable weirdness. And I could only see the last when the mind did not intervene and try to label it.As soon as I tried to make words from what I saw the 'screen'  went blank

Looking back it feels to me as if a reservoir full of unknown to me emotional muddiness has cleared out and I am well shot of it.

its all many yaers ago now

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I think there's good dreams with solid messages and junk dreams that are more scramble of the unconscious.  

That's indeed the case, most are junk actually.

The ones with solid messages are connected to our unconscious.

5 minutes ago, thelerner said:

One time I attained lucidity because I was talking to an old friend, then realized he'd passed away, thus so I must be dreaming.  

It's usually how lucidity appears, you realise something is off from reality and then maintain awareness in the dream state.

Edited by snowymountains

9 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

then later streams of images started popping up in that interlude between waking and sleep. at first faces, all different, staring at me, or so i imagined. Remembering the " just observe" I did that and as time progressed the images became weirder, i did not try to label anymore but their have been images I could not even label. Following the lead of the one who taught me i have never tried to analyze it and glad about that. Must have been 2 or 3 years this happened.

sometimes there were nice faces that I wanted to see again... now i see that was a form of 'not letting go' but as time progressed the images became sort of devoid of meaning, they just were.

Sometimes scary imagenry, mutilated figures, threatening figures, fire and ruins and ashes. Also unspeakable beauty

Like the kaleidoscope I had as a kid, sometimes there were kaleidoscope like figures too but mostly faces, humanoid shapes and weirdness, unspeakable weirdness. And I could only see the last when the mind did not intervene and try to label it.As soon as I tried to make words from what I saw the 'screen'  went blank

Looking back it feels to me as if a reservoir full of unknown to me emotional muddiness has cleared out and I am well shot of it.

its all many yaers ago now

Some great wisdom here. I agree with your experience, and your teacher. 

We have a tendency to filter our experiences through our "self", processing them in thoughts, dismissing the seemingly impossible, explaining away the strange with whatever model of reality (religion, science, beliefs) we have clung to or adopted. When we stop trying to impose models on the infinity that is experience, or deny what appears, things start to loosen up. Are there angels, devils and aliens? As long as there is no attempt to reify them, eventually almost anything can appear in consciousness, in my experience.

• Like 4

Just now, stirling said:

We have a tendency to filter our experiences through our "self", processing them in thoughts, dismissing the seemingly impossible, explaining away the strange with whatever model of reality (religion, science, beliefs) we have clung to or adopted. When we stop trying to impose models on the infinity that is experience, or deny what appears, things start to loosen up. Are there angels, devils and aliens? As long as there is no attempt to reify them, eventually almost anything can appear in consciousness, in my experience.

The intellect doesn’t like randomness. It will always try to create a “story” in attempt to make sense of whatever it encounters. That’s why we look for cause, purpose, reason (not saying that it’s bad). 

One effect of spiritual wisdom is that the need for reason, purpose, etc is extinguished. One of course will continue to use the intellect in the transactional sense, but the compulsive need is gone. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EFreethought said:

Do people here think they are actually encountering aliens while asleep? Or just having dreams about alien-like beings?

My dreams tend to be about realistic situations. I had a dream recently that I was offered a job, although none of the people I spoke to in the dream was anyone I recognized. I do not remember dreams too often. And I only remember a few small snippets of dreams when I wake up.

Not aliens , as such, but certainly 'extra-terrestrials'  .   ;)

Posted (edited)
YESHE LAMA / 1)9
From the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse of the Great Perfection, 
A Practice Manual for the Stages of the Path of the Original Protector 

...the extent of accomplishment recognized in the dream state is 
as follows. Ic states in the Secret Sound Tantra :* 

For the supreme, [dreams] will cease; for the middling, [dreams] 
will be lucid; and for the inferior, [dreams] will be trans- 
formed. 

Thus, for all of those with keen faculties and enthusiasm, the connec- 
tion with karma and habits will be severed. [171] An indication that bud- 
dhahood will occur in that very lifetime is when dreams are purified in 
the dharmakaya and sleep arises as clear light. For the middling, dreams 
become lucid and, through familiarity with dream transformation, bud- 
dhahood will occur in the bardo. For the inferior, the continuum of nega- 
tive habits in the dream state is severed and, by experiencing only positive 
dreams, rebirth will be taken in the realm of the natural nirmanakaya. 

Its interesting in the book Yeshe Lama, it states above those who have supreme accomplishment, will not dream. Those in the middle, their dreams will be lucid and those of the inferior, their dreams will be transformed into only positive dreams.

In relation to my original post, I can separate my dreams into different categories. Ordinary dreams that are easily forgettable that can be either bad or good dreams or neither bad nor good, and supercharged extremely vibrant dreams that are not easily forgettable that can also be either bad or good or neither bad nor good.

Myself personally, I have the supercharged extremely vibrant dreams only once every few years, and the rest are ordinary. When I do have a supercharged dream I make sure to examine it and normally it can provide me with some type of insight or enjoyment. The dream in my original post was my latest supercharged dreams. Many months have past since the original dream and I can still recount and remember aspects and faces from the dream. 

I have always wondered if these supercharged dreams were helped along by another helping being that somehow shared their energy with me to allow me to experience these vibrant dream experiences. Almost like they raise me up to a higher level. Since I have started my meditation practice years ago it is rare for me to have an ordinary dream that is bad, although they do still happen. I am thankful in this aspect but I am not yet a lucid dreamer. 

Thank you for everyone's replies, study about dreams and the unconscious fascinates me. I have enjoyed reading all the comments. 

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stirling said:

thank you for making better words of my post,

I was lucky to have found the one that taught me

• Like 2

10 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

YESHE LAMA / 1)9
From the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse of the Great Perfection, 
A Practice Manual for the Stages of the Path of the Original Protector 

...the extent of accomplishment recognized in the dream state is 
as follows. Ic states in the Secret Sound Tantra :* 

For the supreme, [dreams] will cease; for the middling, [dreams] 
will be lucid; and for the inferior, [dreams] will be trans- 
formed. 

Thus, for all of those with keen faculties and enthusiasm, the connec- 
tion with karma and habits will be severed. [171] An indication that bud- 
dhahood will occur in that very lifetime is when dreams are purified in 
the dharmakaya and sleep arises as clear light. For the middling, dreams 
become lucid and, through familiarity with dream transformation, bud- 
dhahood will occur in the bardo. For the inferior, the continuum of nega- 
tive habits in the dream state is severed and, by experiencing only positive 
dreams, rebirth will be taken in the realm of the natural nirmanakaya. 

Its interesting in the book Yeshe Lama, it states above those who have supreme accomplishment, will not dream.

In Tibetan nomenclature

- no dreams, while retaining awareness: sleep yoga

- lucid dreams : dream yoga.

They consider sleep yoga as a next step to dream yoga in terms of progression, maybe the Yeshe Lama quote reflects that.

I wouldn't be too bothered with the hierarchy in the nomenclature, both are just states, as is a sleep without lucidity is just a state. Sleep is not an RPG game.

E.g. sleep without lucidity, which is deemed the most "inferior" in this nomenclature is actually the most restoring for the body, wear a fitbit and you'll be able to quantify the difference if you want to.

An interesting point is that dreamless sleep has been studied very little probably because either very few people enter it or perhaps they do enter it but retain very little retrospective memory of it.

Anther point is that you don't need any of dream yoga or sleep yoga to enter these states, i.e. in my personal experience, I just enter those states spontaneously (lucidity or awareness without dreams) during months when I meditate a lot ( not referring to the specific meditations of dream yoga/sleep yoga ).

• Like 1

My experience is the opposite.  I dream about people, then wake up and the world is full of aliens.  :  )   Turns out, my alien family and friends are pretty cool though. 

It was an early summer night in the dream, just like in real life, and a number of police cars were speeding up and down the street with lights and sirens, in a somewhat haphazard manner, so I went out to find out what kind of emergency they were having this time.  And over the street, hanging quite low and very close to the house, I saw a jellyfish UFO "parked" in the sky, huge, with many lights all over its tentacles, which were moving as though it was staying in one place the way you would stay in one place in the water, by adjusting your movements ever so slightly.  I could tell right away it was a vehicle that was alive -- there was no mechanical anything about it.  It was very beautiful. 

For some reason, I said as though I got my answer from some prior knowledge, "oh...  and there's the UFO."  I then found it amusing thinking of the cops in their cars trying to figure out what to do about it, something "needs to be done," but what?..  I shrugged and went inside the house.

And from inside the house, three aliens who were already there by now, in my house, walked briskly toward me.  They looked like ordinary people -- a black woman and two white men.  The woman extended her hand, smiled broadly and said, "There you are!  And we were looking for you in Guangzhou!"  Later, in my waking life, I found out, to my surprise, that I did spend about 2 hours in Guangzhou at one point, at the airport -- a layover which would be so short as to rush from point A to point B.  I knew the layover would be in Guangdong, but it didn't occur to me that it would take place in a specific city, which I never saw.  And the aliens were looking for me there three years or so after the fact.  Weird.  Then I thought some more about it and realized that their counterpart of our GPS, given the vastness of spacetime, must have homed in on something "close enough" but not exactly, just like ours sometimes do.  It must have noted my approximate location at some "point in spacetime" -- "slightly off," but corrections were made with the same ease with which you drive around the block to find the correct spot instead of the "close enough" one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a lot of vivid dreams and a lot of dreams where I encounter beings of various sorts, some are so real and intense that I want to associate more meaning to them than they deserve, others are so emotional its like a long lost lover or a deceased family member coming to see me, so much so that I will wake up with tears pouring down my face.

I do believe we have inter-dimensional dream time and the more energetically advanced we become the more frequent these happen.

I firmly believe the beings we encounter during these encounters are real.

One of the most intense dream time encounters I had was a very sexual and very intense experience , I even woke up a couple of times during it and could still feel the beings around me in a circle, this experience was full of the most amazing colours and landscapes with music that was so beautiful and absolutely otherworldly.

In the last song the beings sang, some of the lyrics really stuck in my head so when it was all over I immediately went on the computer and typed it in only to find something that blew my mind and proved for me that it had being A real encounter.

The most full on alien being I have experienced in dreamtime wasn't too long ago actually and it was so foreign to my mind, so alien that it freaked me right out, this being just felt so immense in power and its voice was that low it was in the frequency range of sub bass, it actually spoke sub bass , that just blew my mind.

Edited by ronko
  • Like 1

I think yesterday's angels/demons become our modern day aliens.  

Archetypes evolving with time and culture.    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ronko said:

I do believe we have inter-dimensional dream time 

May I ask what do you mean by that?

Is it interacting with something outside our Psyche?, as in a thought form, that's possible.

Personally I don't believe these to be sentient, the closest analogue that comes to mind is something like chatbots.

7 minutes ago, thelerner said:

One of the main points of Jung's book

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Diana Pasulka also believes this iirc - though Pasulka's assumptions are less flexible than Jung's.

Though she never says it explicitly, imo she believes many recorded encounters with angels/demons were really actual UFO encounters, while Jung more or less works with what we project onto something we don't recognise as our own, regardless of whether of whether that's real or just our perception.

Edited by snowymountains

Uhhh....I don't know about 'aliens...' but I do dream a lot about weird monsters. But I haven't had one recent enough to be able to describe vividly.

I remember having one nightmare about really tall faceless humanoid things...that their skin looked like it had been burned by fire, sloughing off...it was creepy.  Their faces were just, nothing but peeling skin. There was one where there was a weird small fox-like thing, but when I picked it up, it had billions of eyes, and I was startled and dropped it. I don't think that one was bad, it just scared me. There was one where there were more dog-like things...They were gray with weird buggy eyes, long snouts, and they didn't really look canine-like, they kind of reminded me of opossums or some kind of rodent...The teeth were wrong. In that one, they weren't hostile, until I picked something up to look at it, then they turned on me. I felt like I did something that I wasn't supposed to, haha.

Those, big faceless things, are the only humanoid thing that I can recall dreaming about.

3 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Mine had nothing angelic or demonic about them.  Nor anything from modern alien folklore or research or mass culture.  (Sheesh, I'm always the odd one out.)  

However, later I found out that jellyfish UFOs were a thing.  At the time I had that dream I had no idea.  Went to explore the vast web and voila...  jellyfish UFOs.  But none as clear, detailed, colorful, alive, real and up close as mine.  Also, I don't normally dream (or as they put it, don't remember my dreams), let alone in vivid detail and as sequentially as the way time flows in our normal waking life. 

I believe there's this multiverse thing to consider...  at least cutting edge physics does.  The quaint belief in our reality being "the only real one" and anything from outside it just a figment of our imagination, subconscious, etc., seems to be scientifically obsolete.  In the heyday of "scientific materialism" (a Marxist invention) they didn't have enough physics to refute it.  Now it looks like they do...  but who wants to rock the boat.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taomeow said:

Mine had nothing angelic or demonic about them.  Nor anything from modern alien folklore or research or mass culture.  (Sheesh, I'm always the odd one out.)  

When we see something we don't recognise today that does something we can't, our instincts are to identify it as superior technologically/UFO, while in the pre industrial era, the speculation is that they would had called the same thing an angel or a demon.

Btw our depictions of ( Christianity's ) angels and demons today stem mostly from the middle ages. They don't necessarily match earlier perceptions.

5 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

However, later I found out that jellyfish UFOs were a thing.  

There's a video by us military which was leaked this year..

8 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I believe there's this multiverse thing to consider...  at least cutting edge physics does.  The quaint belief in our reality being "the only real one" and anything from outside it just a figment of our imagination, subconscious, etc., seems to be scientifically obsolete.  In the heyday of "scientific materialism" (a Marxist invention) they didn't have enough physics to refute it.  Now it looks like they do...  but who wants to rock the boat.  

It's not clear what these are, so all bets are off, actually not being from our 3+1 dimensions is a speculated scenario but nobody knows.

it's a long discussion but I'll refrain not to go off-topic 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

When we see something we don't recognise today that does something we can't, our instincts are to identify it as superior technologically/UFO, while in the pre industrial era, the speculation is that they would had called the same thing an angel or a demon.

And certain elements of the  'shaman experience' seem  similar to the 'UFO abductee ' . In these the ego seems sublimated . By that I mean  that in the shamanic experience  it is passively receptive , eg.  you dont fight the giant snake, you 'let it' (or are powerless to resist )  swallow you . The opposite is the 'hero experience' ; you chop the head off the snake  ... 'Herculean'  - the prime example - he failed miserably  ( but being the son of the boss  they had to pass him, this was the creation of the 'lesser mysteries '  (award for 'trying hardest '   ;)  ) .  You never hear a UFO  abductee saying ;  " So, as  he approached me with the probe I jumped off the table, kicked it out of his hand and punched him in the face , then seizing the controls of the ship I ..... "

That is 'Capt. Kirk stuff ' (in his younger days )  - 'heroic'  ... going where no man has gone before  ... and spreading 60s American culture throughout the Universe -  'ego' .

Btw our depictions of ( Christianity's ) angels and demons today stem mostly from the middle ages. They don't necessarily match earlier perceptions.

They where originally based on Yazata .

There's a video by us military which was leaked this year..

Of  ?  ... a giant jellyfish UFO  ?

:huh:

41 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

May I ask what do you mean by that?

Is it interacting with something outside our Psyche?, as in a thought form, that's possible.

Personally I don't believe these to be sentient, the closest analogue that comes to mind is something like chatbots.

Sure, inter-dimensional dream time was just my way of naming something that was more than a dream, something that takes place on an energetic level with beings who are non physical, these days I just call it dreamtime,  its my belief ( and a lot of other people, including masters and teachers) that a lot of beings we encounter  in dreamtime are real entity's with their own consciousness.

These days I tend to think more along the lines of the beings are already here just on different wave lengths, different layers of density,

in the past I would have classed this as inter- dimensional but I dont think a lot of it is , they exist on earth just like us, but they are outside of a humans range of limited senses.

Look at constables work in the 50s of the giant amoeba that he would capture on infra red film, fast forward to modern day times and there is a guy in southern england who is doing amazing work following constables guidelines , he has a book out and is on you tube doing very in depth talks , hes captured some mad stuff over his house but its not visible to the human eye , its in infra red and ultra violet which a lot of investigators don't tend to work with.

Jacques vallee wrote a book called passport to magnolia talking about this modernization of how folk tales have transformed into the modern ufo culture, that the strange experiences we have change in line with our own evolution and you can find videos on you tube looking at the similarities between the fae and alien abductions.

You will also see a lot of ufo and paranormal investigators are now calling this the "phenomena" rather than pigeon holing it as a ghost , an alien, etc. They are starting to realize that its all linked.

• Like 1

The angel -demon thing is so black and white, so antiquated and linked to those old religious power struggles.

Look at other spiritual  paths from the past and its a much more subtle yet complicated affair, gods and goddess can do harm and good, they are capable of healing and hurting.

If we look at the alien abduction scenario, to us its horrifying and evil yet we do much worse to animals and think nothing of it.

If there is physical beings coming to this planet who can say what their mindset is , maybe they don't see experimenting on humans as a bad thing the same way we don't think of it regarding animals.

21 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Fyi in case you're interested - John Mack, a Harvard professor of psychiatry, has a whole book on what you say on shamanic experiences and UFOs, I haven't read it yet but I heard it's very good.

Re jellyfish UFO video from US military 

( Let's not enter the discussion as to what it is, got no clue really)

There may be better vids on this, just picked the first one 

• Like 2