idiot_stimpy

Alien encounters during dream

Wondering if anyone would enjoy sharing their alien encounters during the dream state here?

I had an encounter with telepathic Nordic like humanoids who called themselves the blues. 

What was peculiar about the encounter was they were giving certain problem solving exercises and then observing, almost like scientists would design an experiment and record the results.

I was not meant to see them and they were somewhat surprised when I firstly discovered their presence watching and then was able to interact with them. Conversation was telepathic. They could hear my thoughts and I could hear theirs. My visual picture of what they looked like was an energetic interpretation through my mind. 

At no stage did I feel any ill intent or malice on their behalf. I actually felt that they had a genuine caring attitude towards humans. I felt that they were many times more advanced than us.

I ended the dream on their ship. The interior reminded me of a hotel with no windows. I understood the intelligence gathering of human beings for them was more of a commercial agreement with whom shall remain a mystery.

I tried searching for anyone else who had encounter beings that called themselves the blues but haven't found anything yet. 

I hope others can share their experiences no matter how weird. After all it was only a dream but an extremely vivid one at that.

• Like 4

Jung has a whole book on UFOs and what we project to them ! he does not make claims on the physicality of the phenomenon in the book, he examines the projections we do onto them, independently of whether they are real or perceived.

The discussion in the book is of course very relevant for dreams with Aliens!

My "dream aliens" were living nebulas in space!, very beautiful, near eternal and had a calming "aura". 

Comms were direct mind communication like your dream aliens - a good question to ask here is if it is common in your dreams to hear sounds, this might be a relevant factor which may extend to all communications you have while dreaming.

Another question to ponder, and only you can determine that, is what did you project onto your Aliens, could be e.g. your perception of future humans, maybe some image from popular culture or maybe something entirely different, only you could tell, it was your dream.

Dreams which are very vivid usually are important, so it's worth spending some time thinking about the symbolisms and what they mean for us. Interpretation of what a character symbolises is personal though there are common archetypes.

Another question to think about, do you remember your bodily sensations during phases in your dream, can you recall when you had the same bodily sensations recently and in the past? This may give you clues to help you connect the "dream theater" to life events. I like this method a lot as it is not dependent on symbolic interpretation and is less error-prone.

So a few angles, to look into it, what did you project onto the aliens, symbolic interpretation/archetypes, bodily sensations.

That said don't spend an eternity analysing it, I used to keep a detailed dream journal for years and for some of them there could well be multiple interpretations, so not worth overthinking it.

Good luck with the interpretation work !

• Like 1

His book on the psychology of encounters, whether real or perceived.

51B3oosNXoL._SY466_.jpg

His work applies independently of whether an encounter is real or not, he definitely did not bear a judgement against physical sightings with accompanied verified radar readings etc. Though in a dream where it is all psychological, his work is an even better fit for purpose.

jung.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am down at the river  at the swimming beach  and a an alien couple is there , they have a very pale blue tone in their silver skins , silver head hair , no other hair , blue silver eyes , naked , sexually  differentiated  but no  sexual organs .  Some talk between us happened , cant remember it .

Thats it , sorry .

Curious I found this this morning as last night I had an 'epic' dream -  down the 'tunnel' here and swoosh !   (It 'quantum jumps' from the back ridge on the property to  .......     but no aliens .

• Like 1

Don’t know about aliens but I’ve encountered many beings. One of note was a fox-faced one who split into 9 separate entities. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Not asleep exactly, but when awaking during the night I have had faceless monks (sometimes with swords),  angels of various flavors, the dead (including babies, old people, people disfigured and/or catastrophically injured), human shaped shadow figures, and "fairies" or other natural beings in plants, etc. This includes a number of times when I have got up in the night and might be returning to my bed, fully awake.

None of them are "real" in the conventional sense, or very interactive. They are often highly detailed and sometimes (monks and angels) VERY real in appearance. They don't "mean" anything either, except perhaps that I am not filtering my experience very much, though I suspect most people would want to assign some kind of story to them.

Edited by stirling
  • Like 5

You didnt use  ..... 'potions'   did you  ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stirling said:

Not asleep exactly, but when awaking during the night I have had faceless monks (sometimes with swords),  angels of various flavors, the dead (including babies, old people, people disfigured and/or catastrophically injured), human shaped shadow figures, and "fairies" or other natural beings in plants, etc. This includes a number of times when I have got up in the night and might be returning to my bed, fully awake.

None of them are "real" in the conventional sense, or very interactive. They are often highly detailed and sometimes (monks and angels) VERY real in appearance. They don't "mean" anything either, except perhaps that I am not filtering my experience very much, though I suspect most people would want to assign some kind of story to them.

yes, I've had that.

Although the figure's were a bit different.

It ended naturally, no idea why

't was a looking at the scenery, remember sometimes it were scary visuals,  but when I reminded myself there's nothing to be scared of it was no problem anymore

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stirling said:

It's effectively a spontaneous "active imagination" or a spontaneous journey if you like. Tbh it's not something that's well studied.

I get into this state from time to time, albeit its gotten rare, it used to be a much more common occurrence a couple of decades ago.

The story may not be relevant per se but components of active imagination "journeys" typically tell us about our unconscious because what we see is a projection from our unconscious, not the conscious mind.

2 hours ago, snowymountains said:

It's effectively a spontaneous "active imagination" or a spontaneous journey if you like. Tbh it's not something that's well studied.

I think that's your story in the sense that Stirling used the word.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I think that's your story in the sense that Stirling used the word.

I don't know what Stirling meant by story, I took it as the unfolding story of the experience, as in the script, and used it in that sense.

Active imagination is a powerful tool to take a look into our unconscious, including when it happens spontaneously.

One may of course choose not to look at this info, nor work with it, but it's still there.

2 hours ago, snowymountains said:

The story may not be relevant per se but components of active imagination "journeys" typically tell us about our unconscious because what we see is a projection from our unconscious, not the conscious mind.

I think these journeys can tell us about both the conscious and unconscious.

Anything occupying a substantial part of our conscious activity will spill over into the dream world and imagination.

Sometimes it is obvious, other times disguised, but very much a part of, or influenced by, our daily conscious activity, whatever is alive in us in positive and negative ways. Unconscious content - suppressed, repressed, or latent - will also be expressed and I find the two are often inter-mixed thus giving rise to complex and unexpected images and stories. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve said:

I think these journeys can tell us about both the conscious and unconscious.

Anything occupying a substantial part of our conscious activity will spill over into the dream world and imagination.

Sometimes it is obvious, other times disguised, but very much a part of, or influenced by, our daily conscious activity, whatever is alive in us in positive and negative ways. Unconscious content - suppressed, repressed, or latent - will also be expressed and I find the two are often inter-mixed thus giving rise to complex and unexpected images and stories. 

In active imagination in general, it's more complex to see if something comes from the conscious or unconscious and the boundary itself is not always rigid but when e.g. someone wakes up in that particular state ( so not quite a "real" wake-up ) and literally "sees", with eyes wide open, a horse in their living room, that's from the unconscious.

So this state is not the identical as active imagination with eyes closed, or active imagination with eyes open, some focus on an area and a usual visual blurriness developing, then some imaginary overlaying the blurriness.

This is not a state that's classified, to the best of my knowledge at least, and not much is known about it. The closest analogue is ..active imagination, but as per above it's not 100% identical, as it's not induced, it's spontaneous instead, and it has some differences to the version of active imagination with eyes open.

The interpretation though can be done in the same way as with an active imagination journey, in a sense it's an ideal form of active imagination.

10 hours ago, Nungali said:

You didnt use  ..... 'potions'   did you  ?

No, but I had many potions years ago. :)

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

yes, I've had that.

Although the figure's were a bit different.

It ended naturally, no idea why

't was a looking at the scenery, remember sometimes it were scary visuals,  but when I reminded myself there's nothing to be scared of it was no problem anymore

The populace of these experiences has shifted over time, so not the same crew at any given moment. Only occasionally do I see the monks... I miss those guys. 

Indeed it is all Dao/dharmakaya/nature of mind/Rigpa/Self so there IS nothing to be afraid. Some of it still give me the hair on the arms standing up experience, but no actual story of fear. I love it, honestly. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, snowymountains said:

I know what you mean, but would say my experience of "mind" at this point is that there is just what arises moment to moment. Nothing hidden, or that could be hidden. 

In July of the same year I was staying at Tiantongshan when the tenzo of Ayuwang Shan came to see me and said, "After the summer Training Period is over I'm going to retire as tenzo (cook) and go back to my native region. I heard from a fellow monk that you were here and so I came to see how you were making out."

I was overjoyed. I served him tea as we sat down to talk. When I brought up our discussion on the ship about words and practice, the tenzo said, "If you want to understand words you must look into what words are. If you want to practice, you must understand what practice is."

I asked, "What are words?"

The tenzo said, "One, two, three, four, five."

I asked again, "What is practice?"

"Everywhere, nothing is hidden."

- Instructions for the Tenzo by Eihei Dogen

To clarify "story": Some meaning applied to a series of events that is devised by the thinking mind, having both a past and future that somehow interconnect. 

My experience is that the past and future are always ONLY thoughts appearing in mind now - a story having no reality in this moment. 

Edited by stirling
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, stirling said:

but no actual story of fear. I love it, honestly. 

same here, it's fun actually.

Have you ever had someone who was fully conscious interact with you while in that state ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stirling said:

To clarify "story": Some meaning applied to a series of events that is devised by the thinking mind, having both a past and future that somehow interconnect. 

My experience is that the past and future are always ONLY thoughts appearing in mind now - a story having no reality in this moment. 

different use, I used it in the context of the "video"/imaginary story seen in that state.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

same here, it's fun actually.

Have you ever had someone who was fully conscious interact with you while in that state ?

My wife. She is not amused by it. I am often compelled to say something, or explain it to her because some of it is astonishing, but she always says something like, "No... that's enough! ! I don't want to hear about it!"

Early on I would get her to look, but she could generally never see anything, but I think she did say she saw something I saw in great detail as a dark shape. 

Edited by stirling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

different use, I used it in the context of the "video"/imaginary story seen in that state.

Can you give a little bit more of an explanation about that?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, stirling said:

My wife. She is not amused by it. I am often compelled to say something, or explain it to her because some of it is astonishing, but she always says something like, "No... that's enough! ! I don't want to hear about it!"

Early on I would get her to look, but she could generally never see anything, but I think she did say she saw something I saw in great detail as a dark shape. 

same here, partners and my mother as a teenager actually.

For me the phrase that brings the that's all folks ending is "all is good, you can go to bed now" 😁

I'll PM you during weekdays to share experiences if you want to, tbh you're the only other person I've met (e-)directly who also gets into this state.

For me it happens like once per 2 years these days, it's rare but got a the past decades of more frequent occurrences.

Edited by snowymountains
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

same here, partners and my mother as a teenager actually.

For me the phrase that brings the that's all folks ending is "all is good, you can go to bed now" 😁

I'll PM you during weekdays to share experiences if you want to, tbh you're the only other person I've met (e-)directly who also gets into this state.

For me it happens like once per 2 years these days, it's rare but got a the past decades of more frequent occurrences.

Yes, I also have to say something to cap the experience and let me partner know that it is nothing to worry about and that she can go back to sleep. 

I'd love to hear about your experiences, feel free to PM me. I have only met 2 other people who have extensive dream/visions with this kind of reality. I can share a bit about them too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stirling said:

None of them are "real" in the conventional sense, or very interactive.

I remember reading about ghost/alien/fairy...   and how to know if they are not dreams or hallucinations but sentient.   You try to be interactive with them, ask them questions like about the news - may be politics, arithmetic, street names, how machines work and so on.  If they can give you genuine answers - run.

• Wow 1

On 3/2/2024 at 3:40 AM, idiot_stimpy said:

Wondering if anyone would enjoy sharing their alien encounters during the dream state here?

I had an encounter with telepathic Nordic like humanoids who called themselves the blues. 

What was peculiar about the encounter was they were giving certain problem solving exercises and then observing, almost like scientists would design an experiment and record the results.

I was not meant to see them and they were somewhat surprised when I firstly discovered their presence watching and then was able to interact with them. Conversation was telepathic. They could hear my thoughts and I could hear theirs. My visual picture of what they looked like was an energetic interpretation through my mind. 

At no stage did I feel any ill intent or malice on their behalf. I actually felt that they had a genuine caring attitude towards humans. I felt that they were many times more advanced than us.

I ended the dream on their ship. The interior reminded me of a hotel with no windows. I understood the intelligence gathering of human beings for them was more of a commercial agreement with whom shall remain a mystery.

I tried searching for anyone else who had encounter beings that called themselves the blues but haven't found anything yet. 

I hope others can share their experiences no matter how weird. After all it was only a dream but an extremely vivid one at that.

Do people here think they are actually encountering aliens while asleep? Or just having dreams about alien-like beings?

My dreams tend to be about realistic situations. I had a dream recently that I was offered a job, although none of the people I spoke to in the dream was anyone I recognized. I do not remember dreams too often. And I only remember a few small snippets of dreams when I wake up.