Hi, anyone heard about plain girl classic? I am currently reading it. In this book plain girl tell to yellow emperor. A person shouldn't do sex when  raining, thunderstorms, interestingly one shouldn't do meditation in this type weather. I am assuming bad weather might effects badly on our subtle body when we do meditation and sex. What's your opinion? 

Anyone here practice sexual alchemy?

Edited by Chang dao ling

I wonder if it would be for similar reasons as not building the LDT near bodies of water?  Maybe the pull of yin in the water from the rain overpowering the pull of the yin in the LDT so the qi is pulled outwards?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, anyone heard about plain girl classic? I am currently reading it. In this book plain girl tell to yellow emperor. A person shouldn't do sex when  raining, thunderstorms, interestingly one shouldn't do meditation in this type weather. I am assuming bad weather might effects badly on our subtle body when we do meditation and sex. What's your opinion? 

You shouldn’t do energy work when there is a thunderstorm because of electrical interference. 

Sex should be fine though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Lightening, thunder , heavy rain  -  My Gf's favorite time  .   She says it makes her horny .   She also likes outdoors ..

Jeeze !  What a combo ! 

------------

It doesnt effect my 'subtle body '   ( personally I think a lot of people must have a  weak subtle body , they think all these different things are going to harm it , unbalance it ,  make it afraid , give it 'spiritual indigestion' and its food  must be vegetarian , gluten free , 

de-magnetized and paleo-halal )  .

Down here , we got 'the Lightening Brothers' , make friends with them (if you can )   and they bring benefit and energy  .

12207332554448e85166182e90362dc3.jpg&f=1

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jenn said:

I wonder if it would be for similar reasons as not building the LDT near bodies of water?  Maybe the pull of yin in the water from the rain overpowering the pull of the yin in the LDT so the qi is pulled outwards?

According religious Taoism ghosts like rain and thunder storms they absorb yang chi from humans if they are meditating. Maybe they also absorb yang chi from males who engage in sexual activities in these weather 

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

I have heard this stuff before, but to me it just sounds superstitious. 

But many high level Qigong masters teach these things. 

11 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Only heard this on the web.  None of my teachers have mentioned anything like it.

Are you practicing Qigong or neidan? I heard only persons practicing neidan have to be careful in the bad weather 

18 minutes ago, Forestgreen said:

Implying that your question is very direct. 

Which means i am slightly rude?

Edited by Chang dao ling

Not rude or too direct... but a signifier that the line of questioning is incongrouous to the meaningful aspect of what's being discussed.

And so it was a signal that I'm leaving the conversation...

Edited by silent thunder
clarify
  • Haha 1

My Daoist meditation teacher also recommended we not practice meditation during thunderstorms.

His reasoning was that it was potentially too much of a shock to the system, though whether he was referring to the electrical effects, the general effects of the sounds and light, or all of that and more, he was never very clear. 

He is not the kind of teacher who encourages a lot of questions or offers detailed explanations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, steve said:

My Daoist meditation teacher also recommended we not practice meditation during thunderstorms.

His reasoning was that it was potentially too much of a shock to the system, though whether he was referring to the electrical effects, the general effects of the sounds and light, or all of that and more, he was never very clear. 

He is not the kind of teacher who encourages a lot of questions or offers detailed explanations. 

Could be something as simple as the sound breaking your concentration, really. But I would argue that it you practice enough, loud noises won’t startle you anymore. So probably electrical interference.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Could be something as simple as the sound breaking your concentration, really. But I would argue that it you practice enough, loud noises won’t startle you anymore. So probably electrical interference.

That has been my experience, this advice was given when I first started so hard to know. 

• Like 2

Makes sense... I grew up around firearms, hunting and each spring, a raging river and the cracking thunderstorms.  These always energized and delighted me, never concerned or worried...

For the last twenty odd years I've worked in extremely chaotic and what most would characterize as 'stressful' environments.  But at an early age I discovered the calm silent center that abides within all intense sound, or motion, or abrupt shifts around my local awareness... so when presented with such my awareness tends shifts into an oddly calm place I guess.

So thunderstorms and the like are comforting to me at a fundamental level in ways they probably aren't for others.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, steve said:

I had a house at Fernbrook for a while , up on the plateau   ( my cabin is down in the valley )  . I might be hesitant to practice outside up there in a thunderstorm ; 

" On 31 October 2005, sixty-eight dairy cows, all in full milk, died on a farm at Fernbrook on the Waterfall Way near Dorrigo after being struck by lightning. Three others were paralysed for several hours but they later made a full recovery. The cows were sheltering under a tree when it was struck by lightning and the electricity spread onto the surrounding soil killing the animals.[10] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorrigo%2C_New_South_Wales

The ground gets saturated from heavy rain and lightening strikes make the ground 'live' .

Late yesterday , a non-ground strike , seemed to come from very nearby, maybe overhead .  Thats a shock to the system regardless of what you are doing .

• Like 2