Chang dao ling

LDT Breathing techniques

13 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Stick with regular breathing. Do reverse when you learn later practices that require it. Don’t try to be clever and find shortcuts. 

I am practicing regular breathing. But my friend is practicing reverse breathing ( by the way he practice hata yoga not neidan) he said the reverse breathing awaken manipura chakra ( navel chakra). What's your opinion?

If there is no going to be a teacher for you, it is better to do as little as possible i.e. do not temper with breathing at all unless you have obvious breathing problem now. 

• Thanks 1

Reverse breathing is a doorway into the microcosmic orbit. Need to have prepared things but when it’s ready the orbit will arise through the du and ren without need to drive it with the yi. It will cycle on its own once started. 

You need to choose and to follow  a specific process that someone has done before you to get anywhere. You need to have some feedback from someone experienced on that process to stay on course and progress on your chosen process. trial and error to find the specific process and teacher that works for one is fine but it is not the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

I am practicing regular breathing. But my friend is practicing reverse breathing ( by the way he practice hata yoga not neidan) he said the reverse breathing awaken manipura chakra ( navel chakra). What's your opinion?

My opinion is that if you want to follow a system, commit to it and do the practices how they are taught. Do not take advice from people that aren’t doing your system, and definitely do not take advice from someone doing something completely unrelated like hata yoga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:02 PM, f-man said:

I am not the most crystal clear communicator on this planet....:ph34r: 

Haha nor am I! 

10 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

My opinion is that if you want to follow a system, commit to it and do the practices how they are taught. Do not take advice from people that aren’t doing your system, and definitely do not take advice from someone doing something completely unrelated like hata yoga.

Thanks really liked your advice 

• Like 1