NaturaNaturans

An abrahamic sub-forum

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

same, but I skipped over accepting things as they are and jumped to not giving a damn

I haven't reached that stage (yet?). I still dislike unnecessary wars, dictators, debilitating diseases, political and religious stupidity, logical fallacies, etc. But it's becoming increasingly clear to me from a historical perspective that there's no hope of salvation, hence the (reluctant) acceptance. Humanity generally is probably too smart by half, and thus will likely achieve it's own undoing.

Edited by wandelaar

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Oh well , we got one anyway .

Now ...let's discuss fundamentalist   Islam  , yeah ? 

Hhaah, i think you can feel veeery safe that islamists dont discuss these things with disbelievers. 
 But If you you wish we could discuss wheter chicken is Haram or halal, or what the almighty really meant when i said strike your women. 

10 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Hhaah, i think you can feel veeery safe that islamists dont discuss these things with disbelievers. 

?    Well, perhaps they dont 'discuss' any of this ... however they dont seem to mind ranting at us about it  and    'displaying' their attitude towards us  (ie non fundy Muslims )

and actually  many non fundy Muslims   DO NOT  feel safe   

( I will spare  you posting the images of women being buried up to the shoulders and stoned , paragliders machine gunning a peace love and music festival  ... etc . )

10 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

But If you you wish we could discuss wheter chicken is Haram or halal, or what the almighty really meant when i said strike your women. 

It means , I am sad to say , that as a species , we have not evolved far .

and specifically your last comment  .... I can offer no more to anyone personally  that is cursed by this  :

My new 'friend'  , a wonderful person ,  got an infested tooth  and  the side of her face swelled up but she was too 'embarrassed' to see me . Later she  showed me a photo she took of herself and cried ; ' I look like I did when the father of my kids used to beat me up before I escaped from him '  .

:(     Ahhhh crap  . 

What can I say ... except assure her that  " I would NEVER  do anything like that to you . ... and  I have NEVER done anything like that to ANYONE . "

I hope the 'evidence' that I have never done anything like that to anyone  allows her to feel at least a little bit safer with me .

• Like 1

^ the Abrahamic discussion going about how I thought it would

*I think the reason that Abrahamic religious discussion becomes so much more contentious is because the Abrahamic traditions tend to be more exclusive. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the Abrahamic biggies have interesting mystical sides.  With any luck, we´ll be debating the esoteric Christian, Jewish, and Islamic teachings about non-dualism any day now.  I, for one, would welcome that development.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

All the Abrahamic biggies have interesting mystical sides.  With any luck, we´ll be debating the esoteric Christian, Jewish, and Islamic teachings about non-dualism any day now.  I, for one, would welcome that development.

I think back to when I was Christian and though I didn't think of myself as a Christian mystic at the time, I do now. I wouldn't just tell God a list of things I wanted but I would sit there and get really quiet and still and "listen". I would take what Jesus said about non-violence seriously while most of the other people in the church were cheering the invasion of Iraq. Ultimately I think the thing that led to me no longer being a Christian was Christian mysticism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I think back to when I was Christian and though I didn't think of myself as a Christian mystic at the time, I do now. I wouldn't just tell God a list of things I wanted but I would sit there and get really quiet and still and "listen". 

This reminds me of Quaker meetings.  Well, I´ve never actually been to a Quaker meeting but it reminds me of what I´ve read about them, namely that people listen and don´t speak unless they truly feel called to do so.  I wonder what my post count would look like if I took a few seconds before writing to check in and ask myself if spirit was truly asking me to pipe up. It´s comforting to imagine that frequent posters like me are supported -- silently, spiritually, unassumingly -- by legions of Quiet Bums patiently waiting for the spirit to move.  What if the real heroes of the board are the ones we cannot see?

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This reminds me of Quaker meetings.  Well, I´ve never actually been to a Quaker meeting but it reminds me of what I´ve read about them, namely that people listen and don´t speak unless they truly feel called to do so.  I wonder what my post count would look like if I took a few seconds before writing to check in and ask myself if spirit was truly asking me to pipe up. It´s comforting to imagine that frequent posters like me are supported -- silently, spiritually, unassumingly -- by legions of Quiet Bums patiently waiting for the spirit to move.  What if the real heroes of the board are the ones we cannot see?

Luke...... you are wonderful lol :)🩷🤗

Don't ever stop being you <3

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Angelus_Silesius

just stumbled about this guy, and realized that there isn’t even (my mistake; actually there is, I just couldn’t find it before?) an english wikipedia article about him, but maybe someone might find this useful or soothing to answer questions of (christian) mysticism or other more abstract synonyms for that.

Edited by S:C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Completely wrong 

Exactly. E.g. Tarif Khalidi, The Muslim Jesus. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Exactly. E.g. Tarif Khalidi, The Muslim Jesus. 

Here are some similarities between verses in the Quran and the Bible, not going to cut and paste because there are a lot but you guys can check it out for yourself:

https://www.iqrasense.com/islamic-outreach/similarities-of-some-verses-in-the-quran-and-the-bible.html

• Like 1