Mana conduit

Is there a system that allows me to toss a tank and tank a nuke

Basically I look at every problem happening in the world and think that if I was literally invincible I could intimidate governments into not being corrupt 

22 hours ago, Mana conduit said:

Basically I look at every problem happening in the world and think that if I was literally invincible I could intimidate governments into not being corrupt 

But if you were to bear the ring of power would you not become what you hate?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mana conduit said:

I would suggest also to cultivate other qualities along side of invincibility.

• Like 1

No one mind is or can be the Arbiter of Right/Wrong or objectively knowing what is best for anyone else.

Insofar as we are each an extension of The All.  If you really want to influence The All, work on your self.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

No one mind is or can be the Arbiter of Right/Wrong or objectively knowing what is best for anyone else.

Insofar as we are each an extension of The All.  If you really want to influence The All, work on your self.

can I murder my next door neighbours?  Sometimes I would like to.  But I have a feeling it would be wrong.  And my neighbour is not hitler either.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, Mana conduit said:

Don't we all, at one time or another.  Particularly of late.  

Yet revenge fantasies are probably negative. A little might be stimulating, exercise the imagination and blow off steam but too much and it's escapism.  It's feeding the wrong part of ourselves that could be channeled into helping people (or ourselves) in real life. 

I write this knowing that I have the same problem. 

Also comic books wrap up in 20 pages the world's problems are pretty big and complicated.  Like the thought if I had a billion dollars I'd end hunger in the US, and you find out the US already spends 119.4 Billion dollars a year on food stamps and another $5 billion administering.  

And Peace.  Everyone wants it, heroes and villains, both think they can intimidate and fight their way to get it.  Usually doesn't work.  

I try to draw the circle of influence closer.  Give to Heifer which supposedly gives out two flocks of chickens each month to people who want and can care for them.  And I garden, infront of my house growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers etc.,  Others on my block have moved gardening to their front lawn, which is good.

For peace I write inflammatory commentary at the end of news articles.  Don't think it's working much.  

• Like 3

Some gurus suggest meditating for peace etc.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Meditation (unlike relaxation routines often appropriating the name) can reveal the core of who you are -- and that core may turn out to be about something entirely different.

May be an image of yoga and text that says 'And now- breathing exercises. Take a deep breath and exhale. nerta Burbe I'm sorry. 02 Burbe ©Hert'

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Yet revenge fantasies are probably negative.

I think thoughts about revenge works this way.

Someone does something to you, which you do not want to be done and would not do yourself to others; the frustration appears and revenge are actions to remove the frustration; If revenge is not done, the frustration is converted to something else in the body or kept;

Law enforcement basically is revenge - pay money, become imprisoned or die. When someone does harm to others, the offender gets revenge and is made as an example for others. So, revenge is sort of an preventive action, not only frustration removal.

To not get thoughts about revenge I think one has to understand the motives and circumstances of offense, hence one likely will approve them and do the same in those circumstances.

Edited by Indiken
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 7:21 PM, Mana conduit said:

That is basically the Dark Side of the Force. :lol: Machiavellism. Oppress or destroy the arrogant, corrupted, retarded to advance civilization, order, peace, security.

The cruelty I think is retardation and unrefinment.

The advanced evil like Nazis actually value refinement, hence they want to create refined culture, order, peace, eradicate disabled and confused.

So one way I think would be to let the kids learn what is good the hard way. But when those who are creating destruction with understanding about the effects, then that is a green light to fight against them if one wishes.

Also, evil like to sacrifice certain individuals without their approval for the benefit of certain group or population.

Edited by Indiken

1 hour ago, Indiken said:

That is basically the Dark Side of the Force. :lol: Machiavellism. Oppress or destroy the arrogant, corrupted, retarded to advance civilization, order, peace, security.

The advanced evil like Nazis actually value refinement, hence they want to create refined culture, order, peace, eradicate disabled and confused.

So one way I think would be to let the kids learn what is good the hard way. But when those who are creating destruction with understanding about the effects, then that is a green light to fight against them if one wishes.

Also, evil like to sacrifice certain individuals without their approval for the benefit of certain group or population.

I actually plan to first get people to stop suffering then have them explain their problems to me then have them explain how to solve the and the ones that make more sense are accepted so do you now how I can be stronger than a nuke because the governments are so corrupt that people who try making good change just have bad things happen to them so I came to the logical conclusion that I need more power than a nuke

16 minutes ago, Mana conduit said:

I actually plan to first get people to stop suffering then have them explain their problems to me then have them explain how to solve the and the ones that make more sense are accepted so do you now how I can be stronger than a nuke because the governments are so corrupt that people who try making good change just have bad things happen to them so I came to the logical conclusion that I need more power than a nuke

Being more powerful than nuke might not help, because you are just one person and the world much bigger. So those who oppose you might unite and might find a way to get you somehow, intoxicate you or use your weaknesses like desire for power, love, sex, foods and buy/deceive you this way.

Also, you can be only in a single place, if your tools to fight are only punches, then your reach is just a single person at a single time. You will not be able to track know what is happening in other places. To keep everyone in order, you will have to form an alliance with others. To form an alliance power is not sufficient, so you will need either supporters or mercenaries.

The way I describe this already feels evil. :(

Edited by Indiken

5 hours ago, Indiken said:

Law enforcement basically is revenge

I think you are conflating justice with vengence.  Law enforement is part of a justice system, not a revenge system.  That's the point of having a justice system with checks and balances, but it can be corrupted and manipulated.   

Someone does something to you, which you do not want to be done and would not do yourself to others; the frustration appears and revenge are actions to remove the frustration; If revenge is not done, the frustration is converted to something else in the body or kept;

Yes, I agree, but, there are other ways of defusing the frustration.  All of them come from "understanding". ( see below in a spoiler if interested ).  I think the problem with using revenge to offset the unhealhty side-effects of frustration/anger/rage is the victim is the worst person to determine punitive justice.  They are the least objective.  They are the most emotionally reactive.  They are the most likely to be excessive and/or punish the wrong party in haste.

Specifically, the key-word in the OP, imo, is "corrupt".  They would like to use nearly limitless invincibility to intimidate or coerce the corrupt powers to do the right things, and make proper choices.  I think it's a perfectly noble ideal.  But it requires knowing what those "right things" and "proper choices" are.  But these institutions are far beyond them and it is impossible to know their inner-workings.  This produces an illusion of simplicity of a solution to the corruption such that intimidation would solve it.  Further, because these institutions are out of reach, there is additional frustration coming from the lack of empowerrment to execute this overly simple solution. 

Frustration/anger/rage almost always are produced by these two factors.  It's a lack of power in partnership with a specific sort of lack of knowledge.  It's a lack of knowledge of one's own lack of knowledge. 

Understanding one's own individual limitations in knowledge and power are a healthy alternative to executing revenge in this particular case, but also in general.  But, the desire for revenge is natural and normal.  There is nothing wrong with it, and it can be very useful if it is moderated by other intellectual and emotive qualities.

Spoiler

I regard to achieving healthy peace of mind and body when wrongful actions are inflicted on an innocent individual, the victim can cultivate understanding and acceptance of the in herent limitations of themself and the inherent limitations of any justice system.

Primarily it's understanding that the one who has been wronged does not know everything about the circumstances which produced the wrongful act imposed on them.  The delusion that one knows everything about anything is one of the root causes for baseless frustration.

Secondarily it's understanding that there are always factors in life which are outside of their control. There are always factors in life which are out of control of the perpetrator of the crime.  Everyone's actions are a result of choices, yes, but those choices are heavily influenced by a chain of events, more acccurately a web of causation, which expands far beyond each and every individual.  This means that even if there is punitive justice inflicted on the one who committed the crime, there will always-always be many others who were complicit and contributed to the crime which are never going to be punished.

Third, following from the first two is an acceptance of partial and imperfect punitive justice in all cases.  No human justice system is perfect.   There is no way to fully blame the perpetrator for the harm they have caused.  All of the circumstances cannot be known.  This means it is likely that the punitive justice in many cases will be excessive.  Their are likely to be unknown mitigating factors which would and should diminish the punishment if they were fully known.  But they will never be fully known.  All of the complicit can never be caught and punished.  Yes there should be consequences, and it makes sense to apply justice in a "best effort" approach.  But, it will never be perfect.  Some criminals will be punished unfairly.  The complicit will get away with murder.  There is no avoiding this.   

It's natural and normal to feel frustrated by it especially for the victim.  But revenge if it is not moderated, sets up a cycle of war and conflict unless the victim or vigilante murders any and all social contacts with the perpetrator(s) of the crime.  Implementing a justice system, and understanding and acceptance is of its inherent limitations, imo, is a much better, much healtier alternative to exacting revenge. 

Edited by Daniel

I forgot who created this image and wrote these words (wasn't me!) but it's one of my favorites.  Seems to me if we want world peace, starting with ourselves is not a bad idea.

50565309_309250386372128_8422852160798064640_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Apech said:

can I murder my next door neighbours?  Sometimes I would like to.

Just 'work on ' yourself  ..... become more tolerant  and accepting .... then they can put the music up really loud  ! 

21 hours ago, Apech said:

But I have a feeling it would be wrong.  And my neighbour is not hitler either.

Well, at least Hitler did  one good thing  . 

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

Don't we all, at one time or another.  Particularly of late.  

Yet revenge fantasies are probably negative. A little might be stimulating, exercise the imagination and blow off steam but too much and it's escapism.  It's feeding the wrong part of ourselves that could be channeled into helping people (or ourselves) in real life. 

I write this knowing that I have the same problem. 

Nah ... he wants to intimidate them  into not doing something , your talking about  revenge ( which relates to  them already having done something ).

Also comic books wrap up in 20 pages the world's problems are pretty big and complicated.  Like the thought if I had a billion dollars I'd end hunger in the US, and you find out the US already spends 119.4 Billion dollars a year on food stamps and another $5 billion administering.  

And Peace.  Everyone wants it, heroes and villains, both think they can intimidate and fight their way to get it.  Usually doesn't work.  

I try to draw the circle of influence closer.  Give to Heifer which supposedly gives out two flocks of chickens each month to people who want and can care for them.  And I garden, infront of my house growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers etc.,  Others on my block have moved gardening to their front lawn, which is good.

For peace I write inflammatory commentary at the end of news articles.  Don't think it's working much.  

What .... you write  commentary on your newspaper  ?    

Edited by Nungali

I think thoughts about revenge works this way.

Law enforcement basically is revenge - pay money, become imprisoned or die. When someone does harm to others, the offender gets revenge and is made as an example for others. So, revenge is sort of an preventive action, not only frustration removal.

To not get thoughts about revenge I think one has to understand the motives and circumstances of offense, hence one likely will approve them and do the same in those circumstances.

Wow ... all this revenge stuff .  I thought the idea behind corporal punishments and fines was to discourage others who might  do  and punish or address those that have  done  wrongs  .

It seems revenge is more popular than I realised .

This revenge and threat fantasy reads as coming from someone young and quite naive, if well meaning.

Instead of power, I hope you find wisdom.

" I could intimidate governments into not being corrupt  "  is the dark side  ?    Now all of a sudden  his idea is being compared to 'destroy the retarded " 

Wot  ?

:huh:

I hope the OP is following this  .... 

:D 

This thread is outa control !

3 hours ago, Mana conduit said:

" logical  "        ?

:) 

3 hours ago, Indiken said:

Being more powerful than nuke might not help, because you are just one person and the world much bigger. So those who oppose you might unite and might find a way to get you somehow, intoxicate you or use your weaknesses like desire for power, love, sex, foods and buy/deceive you this way.

Also, you can be only in a single place, if your tools to fight are only punches, then your reach is just a single person at a single time. You will not be able to track know what is happening in other places. To keep everyone in order, you will have to form an alliance with others. To form an alliance power is not sufficient, so you will need either supporters or mercenaries.

The way I describe this already feels evil. :(

Yes, thats a good idea , I am sure he planned to change world corruption by  'throwing punches' .

39 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I forgot who created this image and wrote these words (wasn't me!) but it's one of my favorites.  Seems to me if we want world peace, starting with ourselves is not a bad idea.

50565309_309250386372128_8422852160798064640_n.jpg

Sipping my sidewalk cafe coffee   I stop the man assaulting the woman across the road . 

-    I am guessing you realise how much I think this philosophy sucks . . .  even though its a 'cool zenny type' image .

10 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

This revenge and threat fantasy reads as coming from someone young and quite naive, if well meaning.

The Learner and Indiken are young ?

I would have thought that applied more to the OP  ... although his idea  does seem to relate to threat . . . but certainly not revenge .

10 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Instead of power, I hope you find wisdom.

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Yes, thats a good idea , I am sure he planned to change world corruption by  'throwing punches' .

What was the plan ?

17 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Wow ... all this revenge stuff .  I thought the idea behind corporal punishments and fines was to discourage others who might  do  and punish or address those that have  done  wrongs  .

Wow ... you reiterated the meaning of my statement.

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

" I could intimidate governments into not being corrupt  "  is the dark side  ?    Now all of a sudden  his idea is being compared to 'destroy the retarded " 

Wot  ?

:huh:

You are retarded ?

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I hope the OP is following this  .... 

This thread is outa control !

Don't write then.

By the way, why do you like empty spaces, empty lines and lack of order of symbols like (" logical  "        ?) so much ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indiken said:

What was the plan ?

Read the OP  .     He wants to be like a tank or a nuke .   And that is no where as silly s thinking he means he is gonna individually go around punching out  world leaders and dictators , 'within arms reach ' . 

Wow ... you reiterated the meaning of my statement.

No ... I corrected it , away from the projection you where putting on the OP

You are retarded ?

A statement with a question mark  - that either means you are calling me retarded or asking me if I am .  Lets go with the second one ; It would seem you want to know , in context of what led me to make that comment , if I  should be concerned about a plan to eliminate the retarded as that might include me  and if I am not, why should I worry .

if I am totally off on my understanding of this , its due to the strange and fractured nature of your responses ... which could be taken a number of ways  .

Don't write then.

More non -  sense .   By me not writing i no way would bring the thread under control .  But by writing and pointing out some of you guys have projected your negative feelings emotions and would be solutions .... into  Man Conduit's  , maybe will make the 'enlightened' more aware of what they are doing and perhaps examine whatever motivated them to do that in the first place 

Oppress or destroy the arrogant, corrupted, retarded to advance civilization, order, peace, security.

Um.  There's a problem.  Your plan above is the defintion of arrogance.  You are arguing for your own oppression and destruction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1