Sign in to follow this  
Sahaj Nath

Grandmaster Zhang

i should have given this heads up a LONG time ago, as this occurred back in august of last year.

he was recommended to me by GrandTrinity right here on TTB.

i purchased Yaunming Zhang's Mysterious Pyramid Qigong video back then, and after waiting 3 weeks for it to arive, i received a vhs tape of incredibly poor quality. i immediately wrote him and told him about the issue. he wrote me back with an apology saying that he could either refund me or send me a dvd. (that actually pissed me off a little because it mean that he actually HAD dvds.) i just kindly stated that i wanted a refund.

a few days later he wrote me back and wanted me to send his vhs cassette back to him and said that he would send me a check in the mail as soon as he received it. i didn't understand that approach. a.) the vhs is useless, and b.) i paid with paypal. but whatevs. i sent it back, sent him the tracking #, and asked if i could be refunded through paypal because it made me more comfortable for the entire transaction to be above board.

weeks went by and i heard nothing from him. i searched the tracking number and saw that his vhs had gotten to him in a timely manner. i wrote him and asked about the hold up on the refund. again, he apologized and said a check would be sent out by that saturday.

that was the last time he contacted me.

after a week and a half, i sent him this letter:

you were supposed to send my refund no later than the 8th of this month. today is the 19th and i'm still waiting for my money.

this entire process has been a very frustrating one. i was prepared, based on the quality and my overall opinion of the mysterious pyramid video, to purchase all of your videos as well as take any workshops available here in the states.

it was completely absurd that i was sent a vhs tape in the first place, instead of a dvd, especially since after i expressed my disappointment you (or whoever responds to these emails) told me that a dvd version was available!

i feel i have been extremely fair and patient up to this point. you have not done a good job keeping me informed about the refund process, and i don't feel that you have thus far acted in good faith.

i expect to hear back from you within 48 hours of my sending this email.

you can either:

A.) send me some form of confirmation that the check has been sent,

or

B.) credit my paypal account with the refund amount, as that was the method of payment i originally used to make the payment.

at this point i am prepared to take legal action to resolve this matter. i will not stand idly by and be cheated. how far this matter will be taken depends on you.

it wasn't until i filed a dispute claim with paypal that i was finally refunded.

hands-down my worst buying experience on-line.

maybe other people had a better experience with this guy, but i think he's an asshole.

stay away from this guy's merchandise.

Edited by Hundun

Hundun,

What did you think of the practice though i have tried it with Kunlun feet raised and got some interesting results?

Spirit Ape

Hundun,

What did you think of the practice though i have tried it with Kunlun feet raised and got some interesting results?

Spirit Ape

as i said, the VHS was useless. the quality was REALLY THAT BAD. the audio was virtually non-existent. the picture quality wasn't much better. i didn't attempt to sit through the entire video of him talking next to a chalk board i could hardly see, while he's sitting cross-legged on a stack of gym mats.

i didn't need the practice other than to learn some new theory, but i didn't care what he had to say after that. i have plenty of toys in my life. he can keep his.

I think the pyramids the body makes was interesting and how it relates, it was bad quality but i could make what he was doing out and could also here enough to understand.

I have only tried it a handful of times not my thing either but was interesting and was hoping a connection to Eygtian methods. I was given this dvd as a gift a few months ago i wouldnt pay for that due to its quality!

Spirit ape

Looks like his business is not well-run. If he is running it himself, that's understandable, but if he hires someone to do the job, then he should fire he/her/them and get someone else to run the business.

I wouldn't judge him or his systems based on this instance though, I will always give people benefits of doubt. If that indeed represents his honesty (or lack of it) and character, then I will stay away from him, but it sounds like this may be just a small unfortunate hiccup on his part, not necessary a representation of his character.

I used to get annoyed by small annoying stuff like this, but I don't pay attention to them any more, life is too short and we have so many better things to occupy our limited resources in this life time.

I would ask you why you got so irate, yet it would serve no purpose. I would ask you what you wanted to achieve by posting this, but it would serve no purpose.

I enjoy reading your posts. This, however, was an exception.

A disappointed,

James

I would ask you why you got so irate, yet it would serve no purpose. I would ask you what you wanted to achieve by posting this, but it would serve no purpose.

I enjoy reading your posts. This, however, was an exception.

A disappointed,

James

um... okay.

first, i wasn't irate. i didn't lose any sleep over it, but i wanted to use strong wording in the post to get the point across. but either way, it was, hands-down, my worst on-line buying experience. i didn't share the 2 crass email responses i'd received from him because i didn't feel it necessary, but i think it was the right thing to do to warn people about this guy's business practice. it took, literally, MONTHS to get it resolved, and i had to file a claim in order to do it. it wasn't about the money, but rather the bad faith in which he acted.

as for what i wanted to achieve, i think that's pretty self-evident. and let us not forget that it was just a couple of weeks ago that some guy was here selling poor quality bootleg copies of yan xin on cassette tape for $50. the only reason we know that they were poor quality bootleg copies is because someone outed him. and good for them.

but whatevs.

i would ask you what you wanted to achieve by stating your disappointment, but it would serve no purpose.

if you were disappointed it was because you thought i was something i'm not, in which case, i'm happy to disappoint. i don't need the baggage of living up to the idealized expectations of others. i'm not a one-dimensional saint. and i don't plan on becoming one any time soon.

i am quite sure that i will disappoint you again sometime.

"beautiful and grotesque"

--Ani DiFranco

i would ask you what you wanted to achieve by stating your disappointment, but it would serve no purpose.

if you were disappointed it was because you thought i was something i'm not, in which case, i'm happy to disappoint. i don't need the baggage of living up to the idealized expectations of others. i'm not a one-dimensional saint. and i don't plan on becoming one any time soon.

i am quite sure that i will disappoint you again sometime.

"beautiful and grotesque"

--Ani DiFranco

Well said :) I'm glad you disappointed me too.

You're right, the business practices were at fault - my disappointment stemmed from me reading it as more of a personal attack on the Grandmaster. Why share my disappointment? To get the response I was hoping for :D

Most humble,

James

I'm an ass-clown.

Allow me to cheer------

DREW!!!!!!! is the MAN DREW IS THE MAN!!! DREW IS THE MAN!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!! is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow me to cheer------

DREW!!!!!!! is the MAN DREW IS THE MAN!!! DREW IS THE MAN!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!!DREW!!!!!!! is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sure as

the both of you

I just saw this thread and decided to share my own experiences.

I have ordered a couple of items from Master Zhang's organization in the past. My orders were handled by one of his senior students due to Zhang being in China. I was given a very polite treatment, any questions I had before ordering were promptly answered and the order was shipped to another continent within a week after placing it.

The video quality was bad but the information was clear enough to understand. Also I was given the option of ordering the DVD's instead but decided to go with the VHS.

HG

Yeah actually I'm still an ass-clown but I wanted to add that after I googled zhang qigong pyramid I realized that this is the dude who I think was a teacher of qigong master Chunyi Lin. I'm not sure but qigong master Chunyi Lin said he studied with a Master Zhang in the same province and I think this is the same master who supervised (from his third eye) Chunyi Lin's month-long cave meditation. Chunyi Lin said that he didn't sleep the whole month because if he did his master would know about it.

Does any one know if Master Zhang does indeed have some of his students to long-term cave meditation?

Well qigong master Chunyi Lin even went to Tibet to study with masters. He is a language expert and was the head of his language college, a professor, in China.

When I read "Qigong Fever" by Professor David Palmer I noticed that he writes of a different Master Zhang who was forced to flee China under the qigong crackdown that came with Falun Gong. I think that was the same name also -- but this Zhang focused on making qigong more accessible and not government controlled through using more mass marketing techniques. He created a new tai-chi symbol that has same narrower design as http://springforestqigong.com I didn't just notice this new type of tai-chi symbol because Palmer makes a point of how this new narrower tai chi symbol was a big deal with this master Zhang's teachings. I think there might be an image in Palmer's book because I then realized it was the same as what qigong master Chunyi Lin was using.

Anyone so just keep sitting in full-lotus and have fun! haha.

Sign in to follow this