Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 12:40 PM, Cobie said:

名不正  言不順 - If what’s being said is wrong, it should not be followed. 

name, denominate; morality | not | right | talk | not | follow

("The Analects of Confucius." "Zilu")

You almost got it.
名不正  The name is incorrect

言不順   It cannot be described to fit as what it is.
It was actually says: An incorrect name will not fit the description.

Edited by ChiDragon

Posted (edited)
On 06/01/2024 at 10:42 PM, ChiDragon said:

You almost got it.
名不正  The name is incorrect

言不順   It cannot be described to fit as what it is.
It was actually says: An incorrect name will not fit the description.

I have changed it now to something you will like even less. :)  https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/55079-deleted/?do=findComment&comment=1022022   

名正言順 - justifiable; there’s a legitimate reason for it  

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cobie said:

名正言順

The name is correct which fits its description.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

The name is correct which fits its description.

Well you are consistent, which is good. :) But I prefer my own translations.

Edited by Cobie

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Well you are consistent, which is good. :) But I prefer my own translations.

One's own translation is very dangerous to mislead those who took it for granted. Look what happened to "Dantian". People totally lost its true meaning. IMO It is very sad!

Edited by ChiDragon

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

One's own translation is very dangerous to mislead those who took it for granted …

True.

Edited by Cobie

23 hours ago, Cobie said:

Fair enough. :lol: I will give you an extra clue that will definitely make it clear. 

Clue #2: you did it once before on this thread, and I quoted a post above the picture at  https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/55079-deleted/?do=findComment&comment=1021853  

Look you !

I KNOW what you mean ..... I just ....

Spoiler

Dont want to !

image.png.e43047e636a49c115705df4ab4f2428c.png

No I dont .

You're bossy .

Spoiler

and I am rebellious  ... what a great combo !    :)

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2024 at 1:58 PM, Master Logray said:

More than half a century ago, people thought the effects of Chi Kung and internal arts came from more oxygen in breathing exercises.   When Quantum Theory was a hit, people speculate it was quantum effects.  Now fascia is popular, then it becomes the rationale behind.  …  they used the most modern theory at that time.

That’s very interesting.  That for me also clarifies some (imo weird) DDJ translations I read based on quantum theory. I guess it’s inevitable, it’s the info we absorb when young. I guess it doesn’t really matter which “rationale” one adopts, as long as one makes a good life with it (like imo @ChiDragon did with the oxygen theory, it takes a lot of practice to bring a system to perfection like that).

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

frog

If you like that, check out the artist:

https://geyashvecova.tumblr.com/

lots of nice stuff!

:lol:The meditating Meghan was inspired by what Mark had said about gravity and awareness and tendons, as I'd found the subtle swaying motion to be unusually well animated (credit Kasia Granica) and even seem to go with the reggae rhythm. Might have to zoom in but even the mouse is breathing in sync:wub:

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:20 AM, Cobie said:

That’s very interesting.  That for me also clarifies some (imo weird) DDJ translations I read based on quantum theory. I guess it’s inevitable, it’s the info we absorb when young. I guess it doesn’t really matter which “rationale” one adopts, as long as one makes a good life with it (like imo @ChiDragon did with the oxygen theory, it takes a lot of practice to bring a system to perfection like that).

The oxygen theory was started before? WWII.   In 1953 when the Chinese government created the term "ChiKung/QG), it was solely referred to breathing exercise.  It indirectly indicated the belief that effect of CK/QG was a result of more oxygen supply.   Of course it is no longer the case after so many years.   The latest theory says Chi is a form of information, possibly drawn from latest discoveries in science.

I don't think the oxygen theory is valid.  The Chi cultivation was thousands of years old.  In those days, the farmers and labourers would have whatever oxygen required.   This theory may have some value nowadays when everyone spends hours over a phone.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, ChiDragon said:

Chapter 42
6.沖氣 ..
6. Blend the two primordial essences …

Thank you, I now agree with your translation of 沖氣 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 5:20 AM, Master Logray said:

The Chi cultivation was thousands of years old.  In those days, the farmers and labourers would have whatever oxygen required

The farmers and laborers, in those days, had the practice to develop their bodies for working all day. Without noticed, they had improved their breathing ability better than the scholars just by sitting and reading books all day long. In the human body requires lots of energy to do labors. In order to keep the generation of energy, the respiratory system will kick in to suck more air in a natural way. If one don't understand this oxygen theory, then one should study the cell respiration process to see how it works. Please don't just stick to one side of the story. Peace!

Thousands years ago, they do not call it chi kung but tu na(吐納).

On 2/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, Cobie said:

I got pipped to the post. So here’s what I had :lol:

who's to say what's real!
Only one not in touch with 

what’s real, would ask this. 

What's real, would ask this--
haiku on the haiku thread
oh one, so in touch!

• Haha 1