coyote

Posture improvement

Snake gong is by far the best I've ever tried.

h

can you tell us more? :)

The snake practice which is coupled with Turtle breathing focuses the chi directly into the spinal cord.

Stance is feet 10 cm apart, fingers together, straight. Several forms and movements that washes and nourishes the spine. Also brings up alot of emotional/karmic issues that lays dormant in/around the spine. On retreats, this practice makes people become neurotic bitches for a couple of days, when things get triggered, then it all calms down again. But unfortunately, you'd have to do the retreat if you want to try it out.

It's by far the hardest, most strenous, yet effective practice I've done. The chi becomes your kiropractor.

Its so efficient that if you only do one side, your arms become longer than on the other. :D

h

The snake practice which is coupled with Turtle breathing focuses the chi directly into the spinal cord.

Stance is feet 10 cm apart, fingers together, straight. Several forms and movements that washes and nourishes the spine. Also brings up alot of emotional/karmic issues that lays dormant in/around the spine. On retreats, this practice makes people become neurotic bitches for a couple of days, when things get triggered, then it all calms down again. But unfortunately, you'd have to do the retreat if you want to try it out.

It's by far the hardest, most strenous, yet effective practice I've done. The chi becomes your kiropractor.

Its so efficient that if you only do one side, your arms become longer than on the other. :D

h

Dude, you gotta show me that sometime !

There are loads of great suggestions here.

I just want to say - please dont overlook the MBT shoes, just because they are so clunky looking. It is the easiest way to keep your posture good while out walking. A really simple aid to good posture. I use them, and have diversified into other negative heel technology footwear, like shoes by a company called "Earth". It is also called Kalso technology. It is a relief, while pavement pounding, to have the shock absorbment, also, that the sole design provides.

h

neurotic bitch you say...

hmm. can you teach this? if not ,is it your master who taught you?

Edited by rain

Well, lets say people tend to get abit edgy...

Cannot teach, as you need premission. No secrets, only high standards.

Zhixing holds regular retreats every year.

h

Hagar, is Zhixing Wang your teacher?

I used to go to classes with his wife Zhendi Wu.

I'm interested to know what their retreats are like.

Wow, Zhendi is a powerful woman!

When was this?

I remember so vividly one of the first retreats I did, and I kept jumping up and down from spontaneous reactions. Suddenly she stared right at me and shouted: "I do not approve!"

Yes, Zhixing is my teacher. To avoid starting another KunLunish rave about one practice, I can only say that his retreats has to be experienced.

If you want some more detailed info, you can pm me.

h

Ha, Hagar, yes she is powerful. She would emit white smoke as she walked around the group, transmitting. I like her very much, and it is so nice to work with a feminine energy.

I'm not great on time, but I guess it was a few years ago, in London. her husband was away in China on quite a long retreat, she stepped in and took over.

I would love to hear what you think of the retreats, and also hear your relative comparison, if that's possible, of what you get from them and what you get from kunlun.

This is OT everyone, apologies.

Thanks Hagar

have you watched this video of his?

This is the first video made by Zhixing Wang in 1990, and it has sold over 5,000 copies among Hua Gong practitioners. Zhixing is well known for his healing ability. There are many successful stories resulting from the use of this video. Many people use it to promote self-healing by watching it regularly.

It sounds interesting but it also sounds like it has really high claims of power. Have you had any experience with it?

Ha, Hagar, yes she is powerful. She would emit white smoke as she walked around the group, transmitting. I like her very much, and it is so nice to work with a feminine energy.

I'm not great on time, but I guess it was a few years ago, in London. her husband was away in China on quite a long retreat, she stepped in and took over.

I would love to hear what you think of the retreats, and also hear your relative comparison, if that's possible, of what you get from them and what you get from kunlun.

This is OT everyone, apologies.

I took my second retreat with Zhixing immediately after he returned from this to Wudan. I think that was when Zhendi did his classes. He studied swordplay, I think, and I remember he showed me pictures of the monasteries. Wow, the energy in that retreat was intense. I was bouncing off the walls in the breaks doing the 5 animals. It is quite difficult to put into words, but each time I do a week with him, all these incredible stories of healing and transformation unfold. Too numerous to recap.

Its too difficult for me to compare KL and Hua Gong. I've never practiced Kunlun, only met Max.

In retrospect, Max is a westerner and Zhixing is Chinese. That makes it quite obvious how culture and background affects how you percieve the information you are given. Personally I do not doubt for a second that Zhixing's transmission and teaching is totally safe, and in a way allready fully "cooked".

I felt that the energy in Max presence was more raw and undigested. (edit) I might add this is said in total respect and recognition of the obvious quality of the KL practice, as stated here by many and as I felt it through meeting Max in person.I would not change practice for a second though.

Swami Jay:

Yes I have the video. And it gives you a transmission. I remember one time I showed it to a group at a rehab clinic I was working on. Afer 10 min, they were all sleeping! Actually, you can get a treatment while watching it.

And if you watch closely, at about 5 min out in the video, a loud noise occurs. THis is the sound man falling off his chair as he fell asleep from the energy. The essential transmission of healing is packed into that video, and its such a treasure. Get a hold of it if you can! And its also abit creepy to see Zhixing as he never blinks his eyes =)

h

Edited by hagar

Thanks Hagar, what you say to me makes complete sense.

I have a tape or CD of Zhixing, which is for healing purposes. His transmission is unmistakable.

I would love a copy!!!

me too.

i guess it comes down to if you are a yes or no person

I mean

living in the moment everything is

ultimate

right? yes?

haha

and .....

better than better or best judgement of any thing

is ridiiculous

just like white siddis

No?

and o

Edited by rain

I've done the first level of Z Health and Sonnon's "Freedom By Degree". Almost the same thing.

Also, if you are close to NYC/NJ area, I can recommend a bone therapist with amaizing abilities light years ahead of any chiropracter/physiotherapist.

How does Z - Health compare to into flow.

For the first level did you just get the quick start guide or R-Phase or Neural Warm up level1

Thanks

I don't have Intuflow, only Freedom By Degree which is almost the same as Z health. The Z health guy and Sonnon were friends before the Z health guy "created" his method which beasically the simplified stuff from Sonnon.

I have both R Phase and Neural Warm Up Level 1. I think Neural Warm up is enough to get the idea of the movements.

I don't have Intuflow, only Freedom By Degree which is almost the same as Z health. The Z health guy and Sonnon were friends before the Z health guy "created" his method which beasically the simplified stuff from Sonnon.

I have both R Phase and Neural Warm Up Level 1. I think Neural Warm up is enough to get the idea of the movements.

Thanks Smile that kinda put it in perspective. How have you benefited from doing Z Health.

It's nice after a long meditation. Works every joint and only takes 10 minutes. :)

It's nice after a long meditation. Works every joint and only takes 10 minutes. :)

Yep the only 10 minutes is the hook.

Intu flow takes about 20 to 30 min

Wow, Zhendi is a powerful woman!

I remember so vividly one of the first retreats I did, and I kept jumping up and down from spontaneous reactions. Suddenly she stared right at me and shouted: "I do not approve!"

I would pay good money to see a video clip of this instance. :lol:

Edited by Xienkula1

I can't find a website for Scott Sonnen and i am confused by all the programs he has with different names.

I found books and dvd's on amazon.

I had a session with an advanced ZHealth trainer today and it was great. He is into dragondoor and kettle ball, too. But ZHealth is physical therapy for people ranging from the worst cases of pain and immobility to athletes.

I learned that ZHealth has a way to balance and expand the cranium, which is very important for neurological balance everywhere in the body. It is taught to level 4 practitioners and i am going to experience next week if all goes well. They also work with the visual system.

My pt told a story of a client of his, a high school track runner who dropped his 3/4 mile time suddenly by 90 seconds and broke the school record. That's like going from a 6:30 mile to 4:30, from being a complete non-contender to being a star. The kid had done the beginning R-phase for 9 months on his own and then after 2 one on one sessions in a week he dropped his time. It was a visual exercise that did it, after laying some important ground-work.

Sonnen seems to have two beginer dvds: IntuFlow and Ageless Mobility, which is half the price.

I am looking for ways to improve my posture. I have some limited range of motion and pain so i can't jump into a regular yoga class. I just leared about Dao Yin for posture and looked it up threads on here. I am also trying something called Reposturing which is stretching adapted from yoga were the therapist stretches you out more than you can yourself and then you go home to stretch on your own. I am in the san francisco bay area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ2KyC0WU5U

I have the ZHealth intro and R level (1st) dvd and have seen a coach. This is for people with serious problems and it works great to reduce pain and give a deep level of well-being as it reconditions the nervous system away from fear based permanent stress mobilization. However, you have to be careful not to over-do it, and of course, i did and am in pain again and have to cut back and get some passive physical therapies.

I also got Sonnen's Ageless Mobility: Pain-Free Wellness for Longevity dvd because it seemed to be the simplest intro to what i think is basically Intuflow, i don't know because no one explained any of this to me.

It is very advanced and not for people with serious pain and mobility problems.

I still haven't found a got non-toxic pain relief medicine.

German pancreatic enzyme, forgot the name, have talc which is aluminum.

Traumeel has pertroleum.

Others have parabens, gababens, known to cause cancer.

Biofreeze: chemical soup.

All of these work.

Anrica is not so good.

Also Tropicana or something like that is not that good.