liminal_luke

This could be the year....

This could be the year when an important part of my anatomy comes into view when I stand up straight without clothes and look down.

This could be the year when I get up off the floor.  Repeatedly. Multiple times a day.  (As people age they sometimes lose the ability to sit on the ground and get back up again; don't want this to happen to me.)

This could be the year of showering regularly.

This could be the year of autophagy and metabolic flexibility and mitochrondial abundance.

This could be the year of memorizing poetry.

This could be the year when I watch lots of TV cuddled up with my partner and very little TV by myself.

This could be the year of mudita rather than schadenfraude.

This could be the year I forgive myself for not reaching out to my dad when he got depressed and started sleeping in his office.

This could be the year I overcome my aversion to being little spoon.

This could be the year when I make saurkraut on the regular. 

This could be the year of medical courage.

This could be the year when I regain the ability to do cartwheels, stand on my hands, and joyfully swing across playground monkeybars.

This could be the year when I focus more on liking myself and less on being liked by others.

(Thanks for the move, mods! )

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 10

I wish all TDBs have a happy and prosperous new year. May we have peace in the world and all the people of the world live together with harmony!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is always good to have dreams, desires and goals for the new year! The big problem is when you do not have any more :) I wish you a happy new year

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

I wish all TDBs have a happy and prosperous new year.

Totally plausible.

8 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

May we have peace in the world and all the people of the world live together with harmony!

man, you are a dreamer !

hey, it’s a fabulous marvelous dream.

keep close to Dao, 

my friend

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

This could be the year when an important part of my anatomy comes into view when I stand up straight without clothes and look down.

This could be the year when I get up off the floor.  Repeatedly. Multiple times a day.  (As people age they sometimes lose the ability to sit on the ground and get back up again; don't want this to happen to me.)

This could be the year of showering regularly.

This could be the year of autophagy and metabolic flexibility and mitochrondial abundance.

This could be the year of memorizing poetry.

This could be the year when I watch lots of TV cuddled up with my partner and very little TV by myself.

This could be the year of mudita rather than schadenfraude.

This could be the year I forgive myself for not reaching out to my dad when he got depressed and started sleeping in his office.

This could be the year I overcome my aversion to being little spoon.

This could be the year when I make saurkraut on the regular. 

This could be the year of medical courage.

This could be the year when I regain the ability to do cartwheels, stand on my hands, and joyfully swing across playground monkeybars.

This could be the year when I focus more on liking myself and less on being liked by others.

(Thanks for the move, mods! )

why not challenge yourself a little bit? what about a 24-36 hours fast to begin with?

3 minutes ago, Kojiro said:

why not challenge yourself a little bit? what about a 24-36 hours fast to begin with?

Not a bad idea though I'm more inclined towards regular intermittent fasts.  Starting off with my own custom version of the paleo diet and then hope to switch it up with a month or so of keto.  That should be challenging enough.  -_-

not bad, paleo can be a good diet if done properly, and intermittent fasting is good too, though a 24 hours fast is still intermittent fasting :)

Edited by Kojiro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Not a bad idea though I'm more inclined towards regular intermittent fasts.  Starting off with my own custom version of the paleo diet and then hope to switch it up with a month or so of keto.  That should be challenging enough.  -_-

Low carb over several months is enough to lose weight I find.  (Christmas /New Year have been something of a setback in this regard for me :) ).

For 2023 I hope for a lifting of the growing oppression we had (Covid then Ukraine) over the last two years.

Better quality meditation.

More aspirational improvements.

Return to 'normal' generally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

For 2023 I hope for a lifting of the growing oppression we had (Covid then Ukraine) over the last two years.

Return to 'normal' generally.

ah, I see you’re dreamer too, kinda like ChiDragon.

ya’ll have nice dreams, I must say.

and it’s really been three full years rather than two. 

Of course, giving in to fatalism isn’t appealing,,, but maybe listen to the stoics.

in the weeeeee hours this morning; my thoughts were on all that’s good in the world, and some amazing folks I’m lucky to know, Dao Bums, common bums of a kinder persuasion, along with the occasional glimpse of a Daoist fairy, Xian visitations, benevolent (heroic) shapeshifters, and the two gray tabby kittens I call Scrapper & Bandit….

and maybe may be we do have a fighting chance to get through the year.

probably be an interesting one fr

• Like 4

I'm a fan of Anne Lamott, a leftie Christian who writes about finding hope and grace in troubled times.  Her early nonfiction chronicles events, personal and global, in the 90s and early aughts and she's open about her political angst.  Political angst seems to be one of her specialties.  Reading how upset she felt by the events of that time, I can't help but wonder what she must think now!

It's easy to take in the news and think things have never been worse, but the truth is the world has always been crazy. There's always been something to be upset about if that's the way our minds are turned.  Not that I think there's anything wrong with giving voice to despair; it's only right that we object to the objectionable.  Still, there's a lot of beauty amidst the rubble.  (This forum is proof enough of that.)  The title of one of Anne's latest books nicely sums up this lovely contradiction: Hallelujah Anyway.    

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

How can anyone not like “Hallelujah Anyway” ?

and May as well be (act) Brave even if ya ain’t. No one can tell the difference. 
Hallelujah Anyway !!

Anne Lamott sounds like a redneck to me :D

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zerostao said:

o3b,

this thread isn’t over in Current Events. Politics is out of bounds here.

If you want to edit those posts, it’s up to you.

or a mod could hide them

I’d rather read what resolutions perhaps you have or thinking about.

rather than some political soap opera or rehashing corporate media brainwashing.

they are removed... Btw members calling someone a leftie or a commie sounds political?  (what else could such be called?)

9 minutes ago, old3bob said:

they are removed... Btw members calling someone a leftie or a commie sounds political?  (what else could such be called?)

true, 

my reference was in a philosophical context. But I do see your point.

Friend is worried about 2023  .....  20 23 ! Oh no !    23 is the number of chaos and discord  .

I told her - only if you use the common  western calendar  . She said  " I know , I know ... but still ."

In some weird way, I think she secretly 'enjoys' being apprehensive and worried .  Then we talked about how the calendar  has changed over the centuries .... we lost days here and there , things got shifted around many times -  " I know , I know ... but still ." 

I mean, how do I know that today is even 'really'  Tuesday ! ?    - that didnt even make her laugh .

So a year of chaos and discord .... okay .   But I dont see how that is going to be any worse than what's been happening ? 

Now , as far as our Liminal friend is concerned and his 'decorous '  comments ..... I'm still trying to figure out if he wants a smaller tummy or a bigger dick ?   :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nungali,

One of the options you mention is a resolution; the other, a dream.  I'm open to the possibilities of life.

Edited by liminal_luke