Sign in to follow this  
VELLY

Herbal medicines and sexual problems

The efficacy of majority of herbal medicines has always been questioned by science. The ancient systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Accupressure are termed as pseudo science. However, enough people claim to get cured by these systems and I think it's the reason why these systems have survived for so long.

In my opinion, herbs definitely have some  impact on body but these changes are minutiae and hence unobservable to a worldly man. In fact,  the research done on these medicines is often of shorter duration and not done in collaboration with other supporting herbs. Majority of ancient medicine systems deal with body as a whole unlike modern medicine which is known for its expertise in dealing with each body part separately. My aim of asking this question on this forum is that many of the individuals here are involved in spiritual practices. 

Spiritual people have much better body mind connections and they have deeper understanding of bodily functions.

Does anybody have anything solid in this regards? Are herbs really effective to treat diseases? Please share your thoughts.

It rather depends what is the cause of the problem.

A friend with very high blood pressure recently spent 2 days in hospital but they could not find the problem.

When I looked at her, her spleen, liver and lungs were all tense, constricting the inflow of blood and thus causing high pressure.

Her real problems were stress (spleen), anger (liver) and grief (lungs)

Like most things in life the answer is usually more nuanced than yes/no. 

When it comes to herbal therapies we have to remember that like any other discipline of human knowledge and endeavour it depends on expertise and skill. One person may be given herbs for a particular ailment and their symptoms are resolved. Another person may be given herbs for a particular ailment and their symptoms do not resolve or worsen. The difference is usually in the expertise in the physician prescribing said herbs. There is a whole discipline of knowledge surrounding herbalism - and it also depends on whether we talk of Chinese medicine's use of herbs or Ayurveda use of herbs as they are different in their modalities. 

As for whether they can cure "diseases", you'll have to be more specific as well, as the answer is usually "it depends".

What disease are you talking about? 

As an example... an acute myocardial infarction (blood clot in one of the arteries supplying fresh oxygen-rich blood to the heart) will not be solved by herbs. It will be solved by an acute intervention like percuteaneous coronary intervention which is a procedure used to widen the blocked or narrowed artery. Alternatively something like pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes can in some cases be completely reversed through diet, exercise and yes, sometimes herbs (e.g. berberine). 

So the answer is, in my understanding, it simply depends. I hope this helps :) 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, VELLY said:

Spiritual people have much better body mind connections and they have deeper understanding of bodily functions.

Does anybody have anything solid in this regards? Are herbs really effective to treat diseases? Please share your thoughts.

IMO I don't think that spiritual people have a deeper understanding of bodily functions. Rather they are more concerned with peace of mind.

Regarding herbs, they are effective to treat diseases.  All the herbs were dried under the sun or in an oven. There are special recipes for herbs for different ailments. It was up to the herbalist to determine the combination of herbs for an ailment. The herbs were boiled in water for some time and then orally taken by the patient. That is eastern medicine. However, western medicine does use herbs 
compressed into a pill. I know in Germany, the medicine manufacturers bought lots of herbs from China to make medical pills.

FYI My wife has a lot of ailments. Just recently, her body produced lots of body heat that she could bear it for a second. Her family physician ordered all kinds of lab tests but could not find out the cause.  Luckily,  someone introduced a doctor who practices eastern and western medicine plus acupuncture. She visited the doctor's office for several weeks for acupuncture treatment and took herbal pills, and finally, her ailment was cured. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

… My wife … her body produced lots of body heat …

Imo often psychosomatic.

Edited by Cobie

3 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Imo often psychosomatic.

Yes, I think it has a lot to do with it but she is cured now. Thank Tao!

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this