shidoin

John Changs 1st Westerner student

I've just gone through this thread again.

Somewhere in the middle the topic diverted to David Verdesi and among others Sifu Jiang is mentioned and the story that a Taiwanese (?) student felt he had been cheated.

I now found the blog. I don't think it had been linked:

http://blog.udn.com/giveman/1091998

Now my Chinese is rather rusty but a few points which I also saw mentioned before in Pinyin in some posts.

Sifu Jiang's Chinese name seems to be: 大陸師公 翟江峰 Zhai Jiang Feng- So his family name is Zhai. I don't know why he's referred to as Sifu Jiang and not Sifu Zhai. I don't know why Da Lu mainland is stated.

頭銜:庚門氣功第五代掌門 fifth lineage holder of the Shaolin Geng Men (Heavenly Gate) Qigong

The content of the blog has been discussed before, I think. I just wanted to post the URL for those interested.

(Edit: Somehow my two posts always are made into one ;-))

He's been referred to as Zhai plenty often, though I dont know that it has been that much here on taobums. From what I gather, students call Jiang and Liping by their personal names. I've never been over there to know personally though :)

Kool, what is the history of Shaolin Geng Men heavenly gate sect and its method of training involved kung fu fighting sets or more hand and soft chi kung , cultivation methods?

It's as real as Santa Claus. It's sad that you need to believe in this nonsense.

Passing judgement on another is passing judgement on yourself. Obviously you have a need to feel superior to others. I wouldnt say it's sad that you judge others because their needs are different from yours, I'd just say your an Ahole. Nothing wrong with being an Ahole of course but remember, making fun of others doesnt do yourself nor them any good. I believe Sifu Chang is real. I'm trust worthy so until he's proven a fraud, I will believe. I've also experienced abilities first hand from a member on this forum so abilities are real.

Guest 3rdlevelmopai

from my limited understanding video leaking is one of the original reasons john chang faded into the shadows

i don't think he'd be too happy to hear a video like this got out

As being the 1st Western student of John's, I can tell you authoritatively video leaking isn't either the original or for any other reason why John allegedly faded into the shadows...this is just opinion that has no basis for truth or reality.

John disappeared because he was "removed" from his position because he taught me and several other Westerners...after repeated threats from his ancestor grandmaster. John made a promise not to teach us to his former teacher and didn't keep his promise and was severely reprimanded for it...end of rumor, OK!

Yes, John doesn't like videos of himself shown, but he made his mistake as others have done as well...which shows he and everyone else are nothing more than human. John would be the first to tell you he isn't the "immortal" as everyone seems to think he is (BTW, Liping has said this as well). There is so much dis-information running around talk forums, and people like you are guilty of doing this.

If you want to discuss subjects to see if your opinions have any merit, email me; I talk to a lot of people daily, or when I find the time. You can find my email with a little research.

• Like 1

As being the 1st Western student of John's, I can tell you authoritatively video leaking isn't either the original or for any other reason why John allegedly faded into the shadows...this is just opinion that has no basis for truth or reality.

John disappeared because he was "removed" from his position because he taught me and several other Westerners...after repeated threats from his ancestor grandmaster. John made a promise not to teach us to his former teacher and didn't keep his promise and was severely reprimanded for it...end of rumor, OK!

Yes, John doesn't like videos of himself shown, but he made his mistake as others have done as well...which shows he and everyone else are nothing more than human. John would be the first to tell you he isn't the "immortal" as everyone seems to think he is (BTW, Liping has said this as well). There is so much dis-information running around talk forums, and people like you are guilty of doing this.

If you want to discuss subjects to see if your opinions have any merit, email me; I talk to a lot of people daily, or when I find the time. You can find my email with a little research.

Interesting, I had heard it was due more to a certain student acting as a liaison and charging other students rather exorbitant fees for his services. Despite the fact that DJ always taught for free...

Anyhow, so if DJ & WLP haven't achieved immortality, then what chance in hell do any of us have of achieving it? And how exactly do they define immortality, anyways? Development of a yang "Rainbow" light body? Reunion with the Dao?

And just to address an old rumor, can WLP walk through walls? :D

PS - Just curious.. I believe level 3 is where you cut the dantian cords? But haven't fused it at the huiyin yet? I'm wondering what signs or abilities you've gotten from attaining this level, and if you've experienced any health problems at all yet from it?

Edited by vortex

Interesting, I had heard it was due more to a certain student acting as a liaison and charging other students rather exorbitant fees for his services. Despite the fact that DJ always taught for free...

Anyhow, so if DJ & WLP haven't achieved immortality, then what chance in hell do any of us have of achieving it? And how exactly do they define immortality, anyways? Development of a yang "Rainbow" light body? Reunion with the Dao?

And just to address an old rumor, can WLP walk through walls? :D

PS - Just curious.. I believe level 3 is where you cut the dantian cords? But haven't fused it at the huiyin yet? I'm wondering what signs or abilities you've gotten from attaining this level, and if you've experienced any health problems at all yet from it?

Vortex, unless something has changed how would Jim know if Wang Liping can walk through walls? Sean or Ken or Kathy are the ones you should ask.Many things have been said and there are circles within circles within circles.According to Becker Jim asked him about his teacher, Drew said he asked about Chunny lynn so he could advance in another direction.Then again, Jim wrote he'd figured out the other levels through his many talks with pak John.Notice he said the immortal everyone thinks he is...immortality usually means freeing oneself from reincarnation.Also remember it's impossible for values not to polarize people,sooner or later someone is going to get offended by them.Here's something else Jim wrote years back that I recall thanks to my near eidectic memory''After having researched tibetan budd. I'm convinced people have developed the same abilities through different methods.Some of the tibetan masters are not to be scoffed at, some are more powerful than pak John.'' Then he goes on to reference Mystery and Magic in Tibet.Jim, seems very determined.Anyway, how soon befoe taobums world war two starts...tick..tick...here it comes!

imo there is a very big difference between being inspirational and being idolized.

the first one is good, the second one isn't very good. though both are possible outcomes when you think someone is very good at something.