Iskote

What exactly is neidan/internal alchemy?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dwai said:

Kingdoms in the east  have fought wars, but never in the name of spreading religion. 

Ah yes so Hindus and Buddhist killing Muslims in India and Myanmar has nothing to do with religion. Gotcha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, schroedingerscat said:


in your opinion, can that be really separated? 

If we look at it with the karma lens on  (lineages have their own karma too), what kind of karmic seeds do you think have been sown by Jesus’ lineage? 
So I don’t blame the individual, but attribute the actions rising from his teachings to spiritual immaturity/inadequacies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Ah yes so Hindus and Buddhist killing Muslims in India and Myanmar has nothing to do with religion. Gotcha. 

It was the other way round. You have your history muddled up. It was Islamic invaders who massacred hundreds of thousands of Hindus and Buddhists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dwai said:

It was the other way round. You have your history muddled up. It was Islamic invaders who massacred hundreds of thousands of Hindus and Buddhists. 

Ah so now it’s the Hindu and Buddhist’s turn to have a go. I understand.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way in which Jesus framed things was spiritually immature I think.

 

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.“ 

 

It seems almost egocentric or like it all went to his head somehow. The framing of his teachings encouraged mass conversion tactics and his incomplete explanations of reality led people to believing in a false heaven and hell.

 

Its interesting to reflect on the history because around the time he was teaching, there were still Daoist alchemical lineages and such. I wonder what high level masters thought of Jesus. I’m sure they could view his life once they heard of him.

 

The whole concept of a savior/messiah/chosen one seems a bit delusional to me. I think this is where things do fall on Jesus a bit.

Edited by MetaDao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Ah so now it’s the Hindu and Buddhist’s turn to have a go. I understand.

Oh I see - since you don’t have a good argument against what I wrote, you turned to misdirection. :) 

 

Where are Muslims being massacred in India? The last major communal riot happened in 2002. People from both religious communities were killed. Certainly a deplorable thing to have happened. As far as I know, such riots have not happened again.

 

I don’t know much about Myanmar, but it is under a military dictatorship (called the junta), it is hardly a religious state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwai said:

… Chinese historical context …


 

~~~<>~~~
A brief history of Female Foot Mutilation in China
~~~<>~~~
 
Wu Dai to Northern Song (960-1127 C.E) 
Mainly royal families and social elite.
Mostly in the cities.
 
Southern Song (1127-1279 C.E) to Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368 C.E) 
Spread to ordinary households.
And even young girls of 4 or 5 years old.
 
Ming (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasties (1644-1911)
Became a ubiquitous social norm.
 
It is estimated that by the 19th century,
it was 40–50% of all Chinese women, rising to almost 100% in upper-class Chinese women.
Becoming the most abusive; not only bind, also to mutilate or even cut away parts.
 
It mostly stopped early 20th century. 
The last shoe factory making lotus shoes closed in 1999.
 
 
Edited by Cobie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dwai said:

Oh I see - since you don’t have a good argument against what I wrote, you turned to misdirection. :) 

 

Where are Muslims being massacred in India? The last major communal riot happened in 2002. People from both religious communities were killed. Certainly a deplorable thing to have happened. As far as I know, such riots have not happened again.

 

I don’t know much about Myanmar, but it is under a military dictatorship (called the junta), it is hardly a religious state. 

No misdirection. You are the one who wants to gloss over atrocities. Read up on Myanmar too.

 

One last question, do you think Christianity and Islam belongs in Asia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 300 years Christians were only peaceful and at the same time persecuted, then Christianity became aligned with the Roman Empire and became tainted by Roman ruling methods. I would hardly blame Jesus for this historical fact 300 years after he died. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cobie said:

 

8-_HL_Lotus_Feed_Foto_1.jpg


Her heel looks remarkably like the heel of a high heeled shoe. What about the degeneration of Daoist methods into sexual methods, should the early Daoists be blamed because their philosophy degenerated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cobie said:


 

~~~<>~~~
A brief history of Female Foot Mutilation in China
~~~<>~~~
 
Wu Dai to Northern Song (960-1127 C.E) 
Mainly royal families and social elite.
Mostly in the cities.
 
Southern Song (1127-1279 C.E) to Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368 C.E) 
Spread to ordinary households.
And even young girls of 4 or 5 years old.
 
Ming (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasties (1644-1911)
Became a ubiquitous social norm.
 
It is estimated that by the 19th century,
it was 40–50% of all Chinese women, rising to almost 100% in upper-class Chinese women.
Becoming the most abusive; not only bind, also to mutilate or even cut away parts.
 
It mostly stopped early 20th century. 
The last shoe factory making lotus shoes closed in 1999.
 
 

Where is the role of Daoism in this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dwai said:

Where is the role of Daoism in this?

Agreed. Alchemical lineages have nothing to do with any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

Agreed. Alchemical lineages have nothing to do with any of that.

Then why was this topic derailed to shit on Christianity?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Then why was this topic derailed to shit on Christianity?

I didn’t think it was :)

 

It was derailed to shit on teachers of Daoism too.

 

I would put Jesus above Damo Mitchell and many Earth immortals of our time. I simply think he did not frame his teachings in the correct way. This led to them being misused in his name.

 

If you understand Neidan and alchemical lineages, then you understand the role Xing and Karma plays in everything. Daoism is very clear in this regard.


Now, the magickal systems that label themselves as “Daoism” could be shit on and rightfully so. They are the ones that spread the horror that is the bedroom arts.

 

Daoism is alchemy in pursuit of spiritual growth.

 

You could say the same for true Christianity.  Alchemy in pursuit of spiritual growth with practices. Jesus, for a fact, did spiritual practices very similar to Neidan. There’s no other way to transmute your being and become saintly.

Everything not in pursuit of spiritual growth shouldn’t be labeled as Daoism. Nor for Christianity or any other religion but it still often falls under the umbrella in our vocabulary.

 

I believe practice centered around spiritual growth is the only religion.

Edited by MetaDao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

21 minutes ago, dwai said:

Where is the role of Daoism in this?

 

You are repeating yourself, see:

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Read what you wrote: …


Also see:

8 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Then why was this topic derailed to shit on Christianity?


 

 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

I didn’t think it was :)

 

It was derailed to shit on teachers of Daoism too.

 

I would put Jesus above Damo Mitchell and many Earth immortals of our time. I simply think he did not frame his teachings in the correct way. This led to them being misused in his name.

 

If you understand Neidan and alchemical lineages, then you understand the role Xing and Karma plays in everything. Daoism is very clear in this regard.


Now, the magickal systems that label themselves as “Daoism” could be shit on and rightfully so. They are the ones that spread the horror that is the bedroom arts.

 

Daoism is alchemy in pursuit of spiritual growth.

 

You could say the same for true Christianity.  Alchemy in pursuit of spiritual growth with practices. Jesus, for a fact, did spiritual practices very similar to Neidan. There’s no other way to transmute your being and become saintly.

Everything not in pursuit of spiritual growth shouldn’t be labeled as Daoism. Nor for Christianity or any other religion but it still often falls under the umbrella in our vocabulary.

 

I believe practice centered around spiritual growth is the only religion.


Your posts are very good, I wasn’t directing the criticism at you. I do believe in every religion there are overlaps and pieces of the puzzle, but I wouldn’t go so far as saying one is the best. They are just different. If everyone had a supremacist view on their own path then the world would be a much more violent and worse place than it is.

 

It’s good to learn from and share with each other.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Then why was this topic derailed to shit on Christianity?

It wasn't intended to take a dump on Christianity per se. It was intended to demonstrate that having "siddhis" isn't a yardstick by which one can measure spiritual progress. Someone (not me) asked me what I thought about Jesus in the context of siddhis, and I shared my thoughts.

 

I'm convinced that Jesus was a very wonderful person, and his teachings are in essence non-dual. But not many (hardly any) ever get to know that side of his teachings because the gravitational pull of the system built around his teachings under the patronage of Constantine is so powerful that it sucks the light out of what he taught. Add to it many generations of misunderstandings and transmission chain aberrations, and there was a further departure from his original teachings.

 

You can take what I wrote about Christianity as a strong critique from a non-christian, non-Abrahamic perspective. 

 

Edited by dwai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:


Your posts are very good, I wasn’t directing the criticism at you. I do believe in every religion there are overlaps and pieces of the puzzle, but I wouldn’t go so far as saying one is the best. They are just different. If everyone had a supremacist view on their own path then the world would be a much more violent and worse place than it is.

 

It’s good to learn from and share with each other.

I agree. However, it is a tough line to walk because some paths are simply better in terms of the results they offer.

 

Just how there are differences in people at birth. It would be a lie to say everyone is born equal.

 

I think all true paths lead to uncapped spiritual growth.

 

Everything else is a false spiritual path. It doesn’t mean we should condemn them necessarily, but we do need people to be able to recognize the true from the false.

 

There are some paths which are great, very beneficial and lead to some spiritual growth, but they are glass-ceilinged. Meaning, the spiritual growth has a limit or cap. It’s a universal truth that spiritual growth is infinite. So, all authentic paths should be infinite in what destinations they can take you towards.

 

I do agree though that taking a supremacist view is dangerous 

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

No misdirection. You are the one who wants to gloss over atrocities. Read up on Myanmar too.

Well, why don't you enlighten me? :) You're the one who brought it up. I am quite caught up on the Indian context, so can call bs on conspiracy theories right away. Maybe make it easier for me and share some links that you think are representative of what's happening in Myanmar. 

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

 

One last question, do you think Christianity and Islam belongs in Asia?

That's quite a moot question. Asia already has the largest population of Muslims in the world. And Christianity is pretty popular too. I'd like to see these religions give up proselytization and learn to respect and live with the native traditions of the land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the way I think of it… it would make way more sense for Jesus to be sipping some wine and be like “yo, you know how I healed that blind man? It’s because I have a spiritual practice I do that transmutes my spirit. My entire being becomes closer to heaven and God and anyone can take this path and become just as righteous and holy as me. It’s not limited to the rich. Not limited by race. Not limited by culture: Not limited by sexuality. It can be learnt by the poor and rich alike. It is a practice where you experience unconditional love and learn what reality truly is. It’s a path where you become the light and radiate good out into the world. It’s a path where everyone is equal in the fact they we all have the opportunity to find the path and walk it. God designed the world in such a way that spiritual practices exist so that we can move closer to Him. The path is not within me or within any savior. It is within you.”

 

Instead, the Bible is kinda a contradictory mess. It may not have been Jesus’s fault, but it doesn’t change the fact that it could’ve been done better. I have hope that there will be a revival of spirituality at some point.

 

I do think there is a reason Daoism is kinda going through a modern revival. It’s one of the few systems surviving throughout the world that actually leads to an infinite path. It doesn’t matter what ‘religion’ it’s labeled under. It leads to spiritual growth either way. For Christianity to revive, they must adopt practices. There are so many churches in the West. Imagine if the priests were all Di  Xian Christian equivalents and there were actual practices to do to evoke change in people.

 

Maybe all the conversion and war was necessary for a future revival 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dwai said:

Well, why don't you enlighten me? 


Na, I don’t want the thread to get derailed any further. If you really want to learn you can do the research yourself. I’m more interested in the topic at hand. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's simply the development of, gathering of, use of, focusing of, mixing of, purification of, refinement of, etc. Universal life energy within the body.

Edited by Immortal4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Immortal4life said:

It's simply the development of, gathering of, use of, focusing of, mixing of, purification of, refinement of, etc. Universal life energy within the body.


:lol: That’s the easy part (the party trick) and merely a means to an end. The real work is the development of a virtuous character. 
 

 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cobie said:

The real work is the development of a virtuous character. 

 

    德

All dé every day :D

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites