kingfred

What is your focus right now?

I thought it'd be interesting if you could talk about what you are focusing on right now, what meditation, technique, philosophy, whatever it is you may be focusing right now. maybe talk about how long you've been doing what you've been doing and how you are progressing would be cool too.

Emptiness meditation and creating a yang body.

What are the benefits of creating a yang body? and is emptiness meditation basically an awareness meditation shedding all thinking until you have indeed gone into the emptiness, then staying there?

Creating a yang body is just a step on the path to Taoist immortality and ascension. If you have an OBE but no one can see your new ghostly body then thats usually called a yin body. A yang body comes after years of cultivation and it can be seen. Plus the yang body can transform the physical into the perfected immortal body of the Taoist Immortals.

Emptiness meditation is also called contemplative prayer. There are a lot of different stages and ways to describe it. A monastery novice practicing emptiness meditation would describe a different thing that the abbot but essentially its the same thing. Your description is as good as any.

How about this_

Imagine a wall with hundreds of dots. If you focus on one dot to the exclusion of all the other dots you are practicing a "form meditation".

If you gaze at all the dots at once and dont try to focus on any one in particular then thats a "formless meditation".

If you gaze at the same wall but see beyond appearences and see no dots then thats "emptiness meditation".

Creating a yin mind :)

Some Chi Gung outside, now that its nice

Long walks listening to Michael McAllistairs Zen Inspired talks from Infinite Smile podcast

Michael

My focus right now is to become more positive, find new ways to enjoy life,

to smile more often. :)

Also I do a(almost daily) mantra meditation as a base in my practice - OM mani padme hung

//abra

Also I do a(almost daily) mantra meditation as a base in my practice - OM mani padme hung

//abra

I worked with a guy in Taiwan who repeated that all day long. He was from Tibet and the Chinese I also worked with considered him a holy man.

I worked with a guy in Taiwan who repeated that all day long. He was from Tibet and the Chinese I also worked with considered him a holy man.

I like the feeling I get from The "om mani padme hung" mantra - I have experimented with other mantras but that mantra seems to cultivate more peace and calm for me. and I always seem to come back to it.

//abra

Creating a yang body is just a step on the path to Taoist immortality and ascension. If you have an OBE but no one can see your new ghostly body then thats usually called a yin body. A yang body comes after years of cultivation and it can be seen. Plus the yang body can transform the physical into the perfected immortal body of the Taoist Immortals.

Emptiness meditation is also called contemplative prayer. There are a lot of different stages and ways to describe it. A monastery novice practicing emptiness meditation would describe a different thing that the abbot but essentially its the same thing. Your description is as good as any.

How about this_

Imagine a wall with hundreds of dots. If you focus on one dot to the exclusion of all the other dots you are practicing a "form meditation".

If you gaze at all the dots at once and dont try to focus on any one in particular then thats a "formless meditation".

If you gaze at the same wall but see beyond appearences and see no dots then thats "emptiness meditation".

Very interesting.

My new focus is God and the divine order within all things.

The self-massage method of Chi Nei Tsang as outlined in the book, Unwinding the Belly. Working with the breath is an intrigal part of this massage so I've been very focused on breathing. It's been interesting observing the various sensations and inner movements over the past months as I've been tactily exploring the belly.

The self-massage method of Chi Nei Tsang as outlined in the book, Unwinding the Belly. Working with the breath is an intrigal part of this massage so I've been very focused on breathing. It's been interesting observing the various sensations and inner movements over the past months as I've been tactily exploring the belly.

Edited by rain

//abra

rad. the Chenrezig Mantra seems to affect how much i'm conscious of compassion, and how much i subconsciously act on it. That mantra and the Padmasambhava Mantra "Om Ah Hung Benzar Guru Peme Siddhi Hung" have helped me alot. the Chenrezig seems to bring me compassion while the Padmasambhava seems to purify my mind. How do you go about these meditations?

rad. the Chenrezig Mantra seems to affect how much i'm conscious of compassion, and how much i subconsciously act on it. That mantra and the Padmasambhava Mantra "Om Ah Hung Benzar Guru Peme Siddhi Hung" have helped me alot. the Chenrezig seems to bring me compassion while the Padmasambhava seems to purify my mind. How do you go about these meditations?

Usually sitting in seiza, but sometimes on a chair if I want to sit a longer time.

I sit silently reciting the mantra over and over again.

other mantras i have tried out:

Ram - very effective in emptying the mind, but it gave me the feeling of forcing the mind to be silent by threat (hehe cant describe the feeling better)

Shamadi Shawadi Shamadi Shawadi Shamadi Shamadi Shawadi - gives the same feeling of watching windshield wipers going back and forth.

Now I am also experimenting with Om nama shivaya - can't say too much about the feeling i get from it.

There is defintetly different effect to different sounds(silently recited or aloud)

will try out the Padmasambhava mantra.

//Abra

Am about to embark on the Systema Breathing book and dvd...looks like excellent material,

I'm not really interested in the martial art aspect, but all the other benefits of breathing practice,

and this looks like the real deal. Book and dvd look excellent... will be reporting my experiences,

and am going to start Standing Like a Tree again.

Check it out:

http://www.leteverybreath.com/

Shiva Das