Dev

Your opinion about reiki?

2 minutes ago, XianGong said:

That explains why I talk with some practitioners, who cannot travel public transport or feel constantly intoxicated around other human beings by negative energy.

When I travel I feel nothing. Even when I see dirt, it does not cling to me, nor does it influence my inner state.
If I was doing reiki, or any system like that, my "energy cocoon" would be without a firewall or natural protection.

This is why New Age folk love to say “You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!” and never think of their own garbage they create with this false dichotomy and insufferable holier-than-thou attitude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

“You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!”

Also, they are not truly sensitive, or able to scan deep through energies. They are just constantly irritated. :)  But, they think that irritation is a sign of higher sense and ESP powers.

It Reminds, of fruitarians telling everyone they have "detox" on fruits when they are actually having a carb/sugar overload and liver damage. Death of malnutrition =/= detox.

When "Qi" gets dense, it develops an anchor inside the body, that makes you more stable and protected in general.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Also, they are not truly sensitive, or able to scan deep through energies. They are just constantly irritated. :)  But, they think that irritation is a sign of higher sense and ESP powers.

It Reminds, of fruitarians telling everyone they have "detox" on fruits when they are actually having a carb/sugar overload and liver damage. Death of malnutrition =/= detox.

When "Qi" gets dense, it develops an anchor inside the body, that makes you more stable and protected in general.

Even without the Reiki, the power of suggestion and a framework that makes emotionally vulnerable people feel empowered is what draws people to this.

Power without responsibility? False authority? A nebulous idea of what is good and positive while casting out others for being “toxic and negative” when they really just don’t agree with their reality tunnel?

Nothing is positive or negative absolutely, but the absurdity of saying others are toxic and negative is a means of control. Actually, the toxic positive cult that is prevalent in Reiki doesn’t heal anyone if you just call others negative because you can’t control yourself when others challenge your weak paradigm... especially when your Law of Attraction is more wishful thinking and any results are rationalized rather than verified.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

This is why New Age folk love to say “You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!” and never think of their own garbage they create with this false dichotomy and insufferable holier-than-thou attitude.

Self delusion is rampant among the new agers. People get offended when I mention reiki causing healer’s disease. The problem is that they don’t even acknowledge it as a problem. They make excuses of why they are suffering and wear it like a badge of honor. If I had a dollar every time I hear “I’m an empath”, I could retire.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dreamwalker said:

Self delusion is rampant among the new agers. People get offended when I mention reiki causing healer’s disease. The problem is that they don’t even acknowledge it as a problem. They make excuses of why they are suffering and wear it like a badge of honor. If I had a dollar every time I hear “I’m an empath”, I could retire.

I could already write volumes of stories about the types I’ve met in and through Reiki, which is why I stopped it years ago... if the community isn’t fun and there’s nothing to help better me as an individual beyond platitudes, I think it’s like kids going through a Goth phase before growing up or getting stuck in it.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1