dwai

After Self-realization, what else needs to be done?

Deleted for Oldbob.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

some mock a sacred mantra...and are "holier than thou" about being site rules sensitive, I call is B.S.

8 minutes ago, old3bob said:

some mock a sacred mantra...and are "holier than thou" about being site rules sensitive, I call is B.S.

Its gone sorry if I offended - just a silly sense of humour.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, old3bob said:

If my post was offensive to you, my apologies.

I thought it was humorous.

It has been removed.

_/\_

• Thanks 1

umm, deletions should be for ancient Vedic based mantra not just for some particular guy, anyway ok.  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, old3bob said:

umm, deletions should be for ancient Vedic based mantra not just for some particular guy, anyway ok.  

You’re as precious as any old mantra…

…but that’s just me

🙏🏽

Moderating or Bumming, people come first for me, scripture second. At least I try to see things that way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, manitou said:

Good observations!

'The instant we label it or "understand" it we are already grasping and limiting.'

I find that the grasping and limiting is also only superficial. The truth is ever present and shining forth once it is directly known. It is never lost (even though it might seem obscured from time to time).

21 hours ago, manitou said:

I couldn't agree more.  When in the zone, it's not so much an all-knowing thing as a vacuous, spacious sensation.  But there is all-knowing, not because we hold the information in our heads, but because we've shrunk ego sufficiently so that we are an open conduit to the knowledge that dwells in the All.  It's there for the taking, once the ego has been modified sufficiently.  In fact, I do have a channel that pops in now and then, saying things that didn't come out of my brain.  It only pops in when needed.

Couldn’t agree more. Beautifully articulated :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steve said:

You’re as precious as any old mantra

You ARE that which the Mantra points towards :) 

though I think I’m missing some “apechcial” bit of information in this context. 

• Like 2

O sweet mother's wind,
By which I sorrow,
Verily I have fled the wretched den,
Embracing the happy sun

Good stuff, I've thought about this question a bit. I think the answer is nothing really, not as in the void or some other substance, but a bit like a shrug. Self realization was never that important it seems, so do whatever you want.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Self realization was never that important it seems, so do whatever you want.

Self realization creates a Shift in perception.  It's important in that the world isn't seen the same as it was before.  The anchor for perception has now been put into a different place, it seems.  One realizes their own 'continuity', in the sense that fear of dying (or anything scary coming up in the future) has been replaced with a type of trust.  The trust, in my case, is based on the premise that linear time is an illusion, and that it's all happening Now.  So...our deaths, our fears, they've already happened!  What's to fear?

The trust is also based on knowing Who we really are, a product of Self Realization.  We realize that we are the Sage that nothing can happen to.  (May not be the truth, but what's the harm of feeling like that?)  

Regarding the continuity; it's an awareness, a constant awareness, that the life within you has nothing to do with the bag of skin we're in for this short time.  You were just as aware before you were born, and you will be just as aware after.  Just no skin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1