awarenessrules

SFQ Harmony Of Universal Energy

I am doing the Spring forest Qigong Active exercises but i am confused about the 6th movement "Harmoney of universal energy". Chunyi Lin says to raise the energy ball up in front and over the head while inhaling, Open your hands and arms wide above your head and bring the energy down with both hands together to cover your head and exhale hands passing the face. But what happens to the energy ball that was raised over the head? Does it stay there or go above to the universe or do we bring it back to LDT? He does not talk about the energy ball.  The manual also does not say anything about the energy ball once it goes above the head. Any suggestions?

Hopefully someone whom is familiar with the system, can come and chime in to clarify the method. Different systems different approaches. 

Expand it to merge with the universe, then bring it back to your palms as you bring them down over your head.

My recommendation though is that you focus on FEELING the energy ball, do the movements and let the energy move.

Do any visualizations, if at all, very relaxed and non-attached. As you develop so too will those things.

Good luck.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Expand it to merge with the universe, then bring it back to your palms as you bring them down over your head.

My recommendation though is that you focus on FEELING the energy ball, do the movements and let the energy move.

Do any visualizations, if at all, very relaxed and non-attached. As you develop so too will those things.

Good luck.

Thanks for suggestions, The issue is he does not bring the energy ball down if you watch the video. He lifts the ball over the head, opens the hands and then bring the hands down palms facing the body holding nothing and at chest level hold the hands in prayer position and back to Ldt. You can't hold the ball while the palms are facing the body. I already feel the ball in my hands at LDT but this really confused me because when I lift the ball over the head and do all the movement then I have no clue what to do with the ball? Have you taken a live course with him? What is exact instruction regarding this movement? I would really appreciate it.

@JohnC @voidisyinyang

Edited by awarenessrules

@awarenessrules drop them an email and see what they say. I certainly wouldn't add in any visualisation to the exercise that he doesn't ask you to do. Its been a while but as far as I can remember he says, lift you arms "as if holding a ball".

I think that's more to do with the positioning of your hands rather than visualising a literal ball, like other teachers like Robert Peng have you do. Might be wrong though.

In general terms I don't think its good to include too many visualisations in qigong exercise, although in SFQ there are a few (imagining discomfort and sickness turning into smoke and shooting out to the ends of the universe).

18 hours ago, awarenessrules said:

I am doing the Spring forest Qigong Active exercises but i am confused about the 6th movement "Harmoney of universal energy". Chunyi Lin says to raise the energy ball up in front and over the head while inhaling, Open your hands and arms wide above your head and bring the energy down with both hands together to cover your head and exhale hands passing the face. But what happens to the energy ball that was raised over the head? Does it stay there or go above to the universe or do we bring it back to LDT? He does not talk about the energy ball.  The manual also does not say anything about the energy ball once it goes above the head. Any suggestions?

In my opinion... forget about the energy ball. The important part is to bring your hands up above your head and then draw down the energy in the manner described. The important part is to feel where the energy moves inside your body -- don't stress visualisations or forced focus in any way. It's far better to stay in a soft focus state and let the energy move through you. 

You can see someone performing it here: 

In case you're following SFQ's system, you could try the new Five Elements practice. Could be easier for you. 

Good luck!

Edited by anshino23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anshino23 said:

In my opinion... forget about the energy ball. The important part is to bring your hands up above your head and then draw down the energy in the manner described. The important part is to feel where the energy moves inside your body -- don't stress visualisations or forced focus in any way. It's far better to stay in a soft focus state and let the energy move through you. 

You can see someone performing it here: 

In case you're following SFQ's system, you could try the new Five Elements practice. Could be easier for you. 

Good luck!

This guy stands on uneven ground, better avoid.

7 hours ago, awarenessrules said:

Thanks for suggestions, The issue is he does not bring the energy ball down if you watch the video. He lifts the ball over the head, opens the hands and then bring the hands down palms facing the body holding nothing and at chest level hold the hands in prayer position and back to Ldt. You can't hold the ball while the palms are facing the body. I already feel the ball in my hands at LDT but this really confused me because when I lift the ball over the head and do all the movement then I have no clue what to do with the ball? Have you taken a live course with him? What is exact instruction regarding this movement? I would really appreciate it.

@JohnC @voidisyinyang

I hear you are trying to understand and do it correctly.

Really you have a qi field between your hands that extends from your hands, the ball is a metaphor to help with the idea. More the aim is expansion and contraction with intent, movement, and awareness. So when you expand above your head, you feel the expansion, then compression back down to two fields in around your hand. As you move that qi field down, your impacting the channels in your body with your hands.

Don't worry to much about losing or dropping the ball, the qi field is from your hands.

What is most important is more about the positioning of your hands and your intent. The chi moves regardless of your visualizations. Once you develop capacity your visualizations develop weight.

If you you want more clarity, like Vajra said, shoot them an email, or you can call them and they will help.

I have been to level 1-3, and have practiced the active form since 2008. Been around the block lineage wise, but the movement form Master Lin designed to be compatible with any lineage.

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I hear you are trying to understand and do it correctly.

Really you have a qi field between your hands that extends from your hands, the ball is a metaphor to help with the idea. More the aim is expansion and contraction with intent, movement, and awareness. So when you expand above your head, you feel the expansion, then compression back down to two fields in around your hand. As you move that qi field down, your impacting the channels in your body with your hands.

Don't worry to much about losing or dropping the ball, the qi field is from your hands.

What is most important is more about the positioning of your hands and your intent. The chi moves regardless of your visualizations. Once you develop capacity your visualizations develop weight.

If you you want more clarity, like Vajra said, shoot them an email, or you can call them and they will help.

I have been to level 1-3, and have practiced the active form since 2008. Been around the block lineage wise, but the movement form Master Lin designed to be compatible with any lineage.

You are right to not worry about visualization but I am a left brain guy and use logic in every situation in life. To be honest I can't help it that's why I want to do the form and visualization perfectly from the start. So you mean to lift the ball over head and then expand the ball like a balloon followed by contracting it and moving it down? Also I am learning from video, Would it better to take the online class for level 1?  I mean does it matter, I read that they do heart to heart transmission during online class, will the transmission help with energy cultivation especially the small universe meditation? I can't do the MCO from audio, I get a headache when I try to focus on moving the energy in MCO.

@JohnC

4 hours ago, awarenessrules said:

So you mean to lift the ball over head and then expand the ball like a balloon followed by contracting it and moving it down?

Yes.

To be honest I can't help it that's why I want to do the form and visualization perfectly from the start.

The most important feedback I got from some of the senior students of SFQG, and I think energy work in general is, it is about becoming part of something bigger, and developing a relationship with the qi and universe. To that point, it isn't ALL about your efforts. Mostly it is, and we are in the universe and qi has an intelligence.

I applaud your enthusiasm, although the strictness and tension related to how you practice can get in the way.

A multiplier in the effectiveness of your practice is to scan your body, from head to toe, checking in with each part, then expanding your awareness out and checking in with the qi around you, then sharing the reason or intent for practicing.

Master Lin recommends this every time you practice.

I mean does it matter, I read that they do heart to heart transmission during online class, will the transmission help with energy cultivation especially the small universe meditation?

It could help, and you could get direct and immediate feedback to your questions. Practicing with a group will grant you the energy of the group as well, which all assist.

I can't do the MCO from audio, I get a headache when I try to focus on moving the energy in MCO.

What is important for the small universe, is that it is not the MCO. You don't move the energy down the ren channel but more inside.

Also important is that you RELAX. Don't try to force and concentrate super hard. Don't try to do it perfect, just do it.

Master Lin, generally recommends that you practice more external forms initially, then move more and more to internal. That includes 5 elements (zhan zhuang), and the qigong.

Edited by JohnC
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the suggestions. Another thing that i noticed is that Master Lin says in video to imagine energy moving in central column when doing the Moving of Yin yang exercise. How can we coordinate the energy movement with hands? I mean 1 hand is moving up and other one is moving down at the same time so how do you imagine the energy movement? I cant imagine energy moving up and down at the same time while moving 1 hand up and 1 hand down. Do you coordinate it with right hand when it goes up the energy goes up and when it goes down the energy goes down or left hand? I use visulaization extensively because it has really accelerated my results. i was able to feel the energy ball within 3 days when i started visualizing the energy ball. For the time being what i do is that in 1 movement when the right hand is moving up i imagine energy moving up in central channel, i complete the movement and in the next movement when the left hand is moving up i dont do anything but when the left hand is moving down i imagine energy moving down the central channel but i feel this is not the corrent way. One technique is when the right hand is moving up the energy moves up and when it moves down the energy moves down, in next movement when the left hand is moving up the energy moves up and when it moves down the energy moves down. Which one is the correct way? 

@JohnC @voidisyinyang