jack hammer

asanas,qi-gong, tibetan rites for youth and longevity

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

Well you got there eventually....thankfully. In person is better. Im glad we agree

However, a professional being present is absolutely meaningless....There are actual doctors and neuroscientists out there practicing all sorts of woo woo nonsense...and I know some of them by name, which you can google and see for yourself

You need a person who is able to apply meaningful controls and a robust experimental paradigm...a competent student with a BA will trump a professor with a bias towards the woo every time.

It is a matter of competence, not a matter of title...and the latter is, unfortunately, in no way a reflection of the former (much as we might like to think it is)

If the end goal is to convince people this is real it is not practical to do in person demonstrations for each of them.

Short of that documenting things on video with professionals present is as good as can be done.

8 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

As I explained earlier when you ask a question like can you do x?

If you admit to being able to do something that obligates you to prove it as the burden of proof will rest solely on you.

It does not make sense to do demonstrations for something which won't convince anyone and for which everyone will assume a fraud or a hoax is occurring.

What makes more sense in my opinion is to stick to demonstrations which are more convincing and might have the opportunity to convince a skeptic.

There are those who will be willing to do demonstrations for skeptics in private in hopes that it may be enough to convince them to seriously pursue the practice.

I honestly don’t care about a demonstration. I don’t care about proof. I just want a simple yes or no answer. If you can’t even answer that why should I take anything you say seriously. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

If the end goal is to convince people this is real it is not practical to do in person demonstrations for each of them.

Short of that documenting things on video with professionals present is as good as can be done.

Practicality vs efficacy are not the same thing...and nobody mentioned what is easier for you

If the end goal is to recruit suggestible individuals...sure a video will might suffice

But for people with a critical mindset...I don't think that will manage.

However..to test the notion that video is a good form of evidence to convince some, I created a topic and poll to discuss just that matter. Let us see what happens.

This is particularly timely...because there have been a whole heap of things popping up on YouTube lately...some of which I have linked

I invite you to cast a vote here : 

2 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I honestly don’t care about a demonstration. I don’t care about proof. I just want a simple yes or no answer. If you can’t even answer that why should I take anything you say seriously. 

To be honest it isn't really important to me if you take anything I say seriously or not.

I'm simply telling you I'm not going to make claims that I'm not willing to back up.

In this instance if a person did a demonstration like this it would only stand to hurt them just like it did John.

Still today people accuse John and the other party's present of using chemicals for that demonstration.

There are better more convincing demonstrations than the one you're asking about.

If you're not interested then you're not interested.

Respectfully I'm bowing out.

Edited by Iliketurtles

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Practicality vs efficacy are not the same thing...and nobody mentioned what is easier for you

If the end goal is to recruit suggestible individuals...sure a video will might suffice

But for people with a critical mindset...I don't think that will manage.

However..to test the notion that video is a good form of evidence to convince some, I created a topic and poll to discuss just that matter. Let us see what happens.

This is particularly timely...because there have been a whole heap of things popping up on YouTube lately...some of which I have linked

I invite you to cast a vote here : 

There seems to be some confusion here.

Filming random youtube videos doesn't constitute good evidence not by a long shot.

Bringing in professionals who give it their very best effort to rule out fraud occurring and recording that demonstration and observational study that does.

Also the end goal is not to recruit "suggestible" individuals.

Also with that thread you'll get nothing but confirmation bias because of your wording.

Edited by Iliketurtles

The Light from The Source of All, if not interfered with, enters the human vertically through the head as a pure white stream that anchors in the heart as a Flame.

Spend time with the Flame.  Generate an aura of light from the Flame and push the light slowly around your body.   That light will heal most problems

Some humans have dark entities that interfere with the Light from The Source of All.  Typically a dark entity sits on the head or on the heart.

9 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Blah blah blah let’s get back to the main topic of the thread. Constantly having the same argument about WESTERN Mo Pai is making us all age faster.

Can anyone recommend a meditation to regain these wasted hours back?

There is no such thing. 

There is only what John actually taught, and teachings that diverge from that. 

• Haha 1