14 hours ago, thelerner said:

Thing with pine pollen is, its very yang. 

A wise herbalist once told me- "If you take something very yang when you're 20 or 30, What you gonna take when you're 50 or 60?"

Ahh, since I'm almost 51 this might be good to take for short cycles, particularly since I'm trying to strengthen some atrophied muscles. I would like to do a bit more research as well. Also, I still have a bundle of korean ginseng roots I need to steam up and slice, which may have similar effects.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 6:30 AM, Satyalok said:

Ahh, since I'm almost 51 this might be good to take for short cycles, particularly since I'm trying to strengthen some atrophied muscles. I would like to do a bit more research as well. Also, I still have a bundle of korean ginseng roots I need to steam up and slice, which may have similar effects.

From Chicago Chinatown I used to pick up cheap pre-sliced ginseng, steamed and flavored with something.  It was sold in a pack like Lifesavers candy.  During cold winters it'd be nice to chew on. 

Been awhile since I hit that area.  Worth a trip, see how its doing, get some slices, some teas, see if the old haunts are still haunted. 

You know what else was fun.  Getting the 'Flower'ing teas.  A thick ball,  putting it in hot water made it blossom into a flower on the bottom.  Very pretty.  They weren't the best tasting teas, but the presentation in a small glass teapot was unbeatable. 

38 minutes ago, thelerner said:

From Chicago Chinatown I used to pick up cheap pre-sliced ginseng, steamed and flavored with something.  It was sold in a pack like Lifesavers candy.  During cold winters it'd be nice to chew on. 

Been awhile since I hit that area.  Worth a trip, see how its doing, get some slices, some teas, see if the old haunts are still haunted. 

You know what else was fun.  Getting the 'Flower'ing teas.  A thick ball,  putting it in hot water made it blossom into a flower on the bottom.  Very pretty.  They weren't the best tasting teas, but the presentation in a small glass teapot was unbeatable. 

My wife loves the flowering tea balls, jasmine and white tea. I prefer finer oolongs, still going through my supply of Baguashan oolong from Wang Family Teas. I need to find a way to slice my ginseng thinner so I don't wreck my jaw chewing, otherwise I make a tea from it.

• Like 1