forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

58 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

So in other words: Is the ultimate answer to sit in meditation for a few hours every day for a few years?

I read part of "Opening the Dragon Gate" recently, and it seems like that is what Wang Li Ping did to start out.

5 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

No. 

In some traditions, you start with "Opening shit up" and laying the foundation, which can be standing and moving methods. 

The russian group was very adamant on that, and you will find that idea in other traditions as well. 

Somethings I think it escapes people  that "opening shit up" is very, very literal :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, EFreethought said:

So in other words: Is the ultimate answer to sit in meditation for a few hours every day for a few years?

I read part of "Opening the Dragon Gate" recently, and it seems like that is what Wang Li Ping did to start out.

what @Cleansox said :)

Meditation is much further down the line. Though there is certainly other seated practices that are important.

In my own training the foundation was very physical… physical exercise, lots of standing and moving Neigong. Stilling and consolidating the Jing and generating a lot of dense qi.

If you start before puberty - you can actually bypass some of the foundation stuff - as the the Jing is not dispersed and there is a natural tendency for the Dantien space to consolidate.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, freeform said:

It’s a known maxim if you want to become a true master of the art… but the reality is that the vast majority of people just want a taste of alchemy - like having it as a hobby or an interest.

Its hard to teach the foundation… it’s hard to practice the foundation - it’s boring, uncomfortable and takes years. So many masters will teach what they enjoy teaching instead - and it’s up to you to make it work or treat it like a hobby.

I lived with my teacher for years to build the foundation - full time practice with one day off a week. It’s a pretty big commitment for me - as well as for my teacher and his family.

People have lives and teachers have only so much bandwidth. The people for whom this is their life’s work - they’ll find a way of building the foundation… or they won’t…

What kind of work is necessary to build up a decent foundation and open up some shit? just to know what the basic stuff is like in your tradition, no need to go into details, thanks!

2 hours ago, Kojiro said:

What kind of work is necessary to build up a decent foundation and open up some shit? just to know what the basic stuff is like in your tradition, no need to go into details, thanks!

He described it in the post above my friend :) 

In my own training the foundation was very physical… physical exercise, lots of standing and moving Neigong. Stilling and consolidating the Jing and generating a lot of dense qi.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, EFreethought said:

yes, except if after a few days nothing happens then you are doing it wrong