Raindancer

Long hair and feeling connected to nature

Recommended Posts

I only realised this a while ago, but my hair has become like my "homage to nature". I've been growing it out for quite some time, about a year ago I was in a rot and decided to cut my hair, specifically my bangs. Afterwards I felt sick, physically sick. I never used to care about my hair before, but right at that time I knew that I had made a mistake, I felt like I had cut off a piece of me, a piece that connected me to the ground. I've not been able to cut my hair since, just one strand at a time if it got a split end.

 

I will probably never cut it again, not more than the splits that I do now. It will grow and I won't intervene.

 

Are there others who feel the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was noticing that a few days after a haircut, used to be down with some health issues. Feel that hair holds some energy.

 

My family tries to have theirs done on the days after a new moon and avoid the days after a full moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had both shaved bald and long hair oscillating all my life. 

My wife has several severed braids in her keeping.

 

As a child it was kept long... my mother adored the copper color.

 

By my teens I was a stage actor and my hair suited the role I was playing.  No choice.  Though here too, as to my casting slants, my hair tended medium to long.

 

One day, I woke up with a compulsion and shaved my head and then kept it that way for about 20 years (with two exceptions).  There is an amazing level of sensation to an exposed dome... but likewise there is also much communication from the hair to the follicle in long hair...

 

Four years ago, I followed a compulsion to stop cutting it and now it's half way down my back.  I doubt I'll ever cut it short again.

 

There are subtle nuances to a bald head that are lost in the long locks... as there are transmissions from the long locks that the bald can not receive... both have their bonuses. 

 

Though i can unequivicolly share that few stimuli in life to me, equal to the sensation of my freshly shaved head, jumping into a pool of water, or stepping under a shower... that level of sensation is overwhelmingly pleasant.

 

Your question has me recalling the Russian Twin Sisters, from the late 19th, early 20th centuries.  Natural Witches of astounding power and reputation who reportedly never once cut their hair in their lifetimes... claiming sensitivities to nature through their hair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gimme a head with hair.  Long beautiful hair, Shining, gleaming, Streaming, flaxen, waxen. Give me down to there -  hair.  Shoulder length or longer. Here baby, there mama, everywhere daddy daddy ,

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair


Flow it, show it


Long as God can grow it


My hair

 

 

66580bd62d36e93c9f13cecd7fb3430c.jpg
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Gimme a head with hair.  Long beautiful hair, Shining, gleaming, Streaming, flaxen, waxen. Give me down to there -  hair.  Shoulder length or longer. Here baby, there mama, everywhere daddy daddy ,

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair


Flow it, show it


Long as God can grow it


My hair

 

 

66580bd62d36e93c9f13cecd7fb3430c.jpg
 

Congratulations on a very successful transformation, Nungali. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Now ..... imagine me as a young woman with flowing long  copper  hair .....  "

 

 

 

Hey !   Come on  now !    ..... I wuz just balancin' his chakras for him . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the Buddha would do something so counteractive to the spiritual growth of his disciples as turning them into shaved mendicants? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the answers, and that is indeed very beautiful hair!

 

I personally don't know much about this topic, I just know what I feel, and I've never had a shaven head. But if I were to guess, I think it would probably feel lighter, as in closer to the sky rather than to the ground, to shave my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a head of hair going for about eight years now myself. My hair has been a part of my personal identity for a very long time. It's also related to my complexes as well. When I had it shaved before, I actually shed tears. (Even if it was a sharp look...) I have also always considered myself fairly aligned with nature.

However, I've been considering cutting it in the near future. I have been going through some changes and feel that I need to break away from my previous identity a little.

With that said, there should be a connection between identity and appearance, and how the two resonate. I think there's a case for whether one is bald or has flowing locks, that if it doesn't feel aligned with your inner self, that it could inhibit many kinds of connections. Unfortunately, I'm not well read myself and am going by intuition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Thank you all for the answers, and that is indeed very beautiful hair!

 

I personally don't know much about this topic, I just know what I feel, and I've never had a shaven head. But if I were to guess, I think it would probably feel lighter, as in closer to the sky rather than to the ground, to shave my head.

 

Here is what happened to me ;  as a youth I had a mass of hair .... wuffry !   ( x between wavy and fruzzy )   , when wet it was half way down my back and  when dry at  my shoulders .  It was a hassle the 'longer' it got . Then one summer during an intense heatwave I had enough, I was hot, sweaty head. itchy, no air getting to my scalp and top of head. So I went to the barber shop and got a No 2 buzz cut , in those days a 'crewcut'  and walked straight from the barber to the clean bright surf and dived in .

 

Man !   Never had long hair since .  The feeling of my head going through the surf and foam and underwater   - bing !

 

Regarding the monks 'hairdo'  ,   try it ,  you might be amazed at how much time some spend on  'hair grooming' . 

 

I am running on about a No. 4 at the moment ; there is a little pre winter chill about .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet it felt freeing.

 

I've had very short hair before, not shaved, but about 2 cm long, and I liked how it felt, but nothing else. It did not feel like me and it was a hassle to care for. My hair is down to my hips and I will definitely not shave it off at this point, I'm letting it grow. My hair is less difficult to care for now than it was when it was short.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't miss my long beard except if it's below zero outside,  imo a lot of this hair and beard stuff is quirky as us humans sometimes are...

 

(it would be white/gray if I grew it again,  btw I get a kick out of seeing how overweight and out of shape guys  transform themselves into tough guys by getting their heads shaved and getting various tattoos along with wearing black or bad ass clothes with whatever  embroidered or embellished symbols they may add to the mix.  ;)

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Raindancer said:

I bet it felt freeing.

 

I've had very short hair before, not shaved, but about 2 cm long, and I liked how it felt, but nothing else. It did not feel like me and it was a hassle to care for. My hair is down to my hips and I will definitely not shave it off at this point, I'm letting it grow. My hair is less difficult to care for now than it was when it was short.

 

 

:unsure:      Ehh!    How can that be    so ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, old3bob said:

I don't miss my long beard except if it's below zero outside,  imo a lot of this hair and beard stuff is quirky as us humans sometimes are...

 

(it would be white/gray if I grew it again,  btw I get a kick out of seeing how overweight and out of shape guys  transform themselves into tough guys by getting their heads shaved and getting various tattoos along with wearing black or bad ass clothes with whatever  embroidered or embellished symbols they may add to the mix.  ;)

 

And riding a    trike   :D 

 

 

overweight-man-riding-three-wheeled-moto

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

 

:unsure:      Ehh!    How can that be    so ?

 

 

My hair is wavy and very shape-able, at shorter length there's no length to weight it down, so it will shape with my ears, with how I sleep... it looks a mess and I have to constantly care for it unless I want to look... well, let's say I do not fancy that look. It's also constantly in my face and eyes when it's shorter, putting it up is harder. Short short hair, the 2 cm hair, was not a good look on me, and required me washing it every morning in some way since it was flat on the side I slept on, you also got to cut it very often to keep it that length.

 

With long hair my waves are visible, it always looks the same, I can easily put it out of the way with a hair stick, no need for an elastic that usually only hurts for me. The only thing that take more time now than before is detangling.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

long hair can also act as an earth ground path for static electricity caused by modern fabrics, no wonder Crystal Gale used it. I also have some ocean front property in AZ.

crystal-gale-hair-1.jpg.62c54bf04721e44f0021e15ee1918066.jpg

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Raindancer said:

My hair is wavy and very shape-able, at shorter length there's no length to weight it down, so it will shape with my ears, with how I sleep... it looks a mess and I have to constantly care for it unless I want to look... well, let's say I do not fancy that look. It's also constantly in my face and eyes when it's shorter, putting it up is harder. Short short hair, the 2 cm hair, was not a good look on me, and required me washing it every morning in some way since it was flat on the side I slept on, you also got to cut it very often to keep it that length.

 

With long hair my waves are visible, it always looks the same, I can easily put it out of the way with a hair stick, no need for an elastic that usually only hurts for me. The only thing that take more time now than before is detangling.

 

Okay, I get it ... and I laughed as it was a problem my fruzz gave me .

 

So I keep it shorter than that. Thats what I meant by short .    I sleep on both sides so in the morning when my hair is longer, like now , it is swooshed up both sides to a peak in the middle  :D   what I consider a v.bad look .... yet apparently some men cultivate it ! !   They have a part on either side and comb it up to the middle to form a peak .   :D 

 

When its longer it looks like an old ladies 1960 'perm'  - I often get old ladies looking at me with envy when its that bad   :)

 

So when a bit longer than 'iron filings ' I  use hot water and olive oil to tame it in the mornings . Hence longer hair takes 4 mins longer in the morning for me .

 

I suppose with longer hair , one can have  fun styling it

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJvKNtLv4k9q8Jwe9PlHN

 

 

 

 

Edited by Nungali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 6:08 AM, Nungali said:

" Now ..... imagine me as a young woman with flowing long  copper  hair .....  "

 

 

 

Hey !   Come on  now !    ..... I wuz just balancin' his chakras for him . 

Why wouid you refer to yerself in the 3rd person? ūüėĀ Don't you feel celebratory enough?¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American Indian trackers in the Vietnam war lost their tracking ability when they had their hair shaved off.

 

Hair acts almost like an antenna. 

 

Antenna_Head.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, Raindancer said:

I only realised this a while ago, but my hair has become like my "homage to nature". I've been growing it out for quite some time, about a year ago I was in a rot and decided to cut my hair, specifically my bangs. Afterwards I felt sick, physically sick. I never used to care about my hair before, but right at that time I knew that I had made a mistake, I felt like I had cut off a piece of me, a piece that connected me to the ground. I've not been able to cut my hair since, just one strand at a time if it got a split end.

 

I will probably never cut it again, not more than the splits that I do now. It will grow and I won't intervene.

 

Are there others who feel the same?

 

Unfortunately there is no correlation, unless you live in a cold environment and you dont wear enough clothes to keep you warm

 

growing your hair out has absolutely nothing to do with your health

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites