GSmaster

Divine Truths from Master

19 hours ago, manitou said:

The thing about trolling and calling each other names, it that it's a direct tell about the development of the person talking.  By diminishing others, sometimes folks think this elevates them.  I know of a president that does that.  The result is exactly the opposite.  The current stage of one-upmanship on this forum is demonstrative of some large egos, which are precisely the biggest barrier to clarity.

Yes, we need egos.  We need to be able to get out of the way of out of oncoming traffic.  But from what I've read on this thread and others, the egos have been given full rein; and humility, on this site, is becoming a thing of the past.

For those who take glee in thumping their fellow Bums, your lack of character is showing.  No amount of  high-minded posts will ever erase the memory of your unkindness.  Please be kind to each other.  Your path to an enlightenment is at stake.

Brilliant post. Arrogance and Egocentrism of some self-proclaimed "masters" is striking. There is no humility, no humbleness, and I personally question if they have the level of development they talk about.

I wonder if one can lose his skills and power in cultivation, if he misbehaves and mistreats people? Is it even possible for someone to get far in cultivation and still be arrogant and look down on everyone else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Brilliant post. Arrogance and Egocentrism of some self-proclaimed "masters" is striking. There is no humility, no humbleness, and I personally question if they have the level of development they talk about.

I wonder if one can lose his skills and power in cultivation, if he misbehaves and mistreats people? Is it even possible for someone to get far in cultivation and still be arrogant and look down on everyone else?

Unfortunately, it is quite common because ego work is separate from cultivation. What I’ve found is that the power that cultivation brings and awareness it grants is a litmus test for character.

Abraham Lincoln said that depriving a man of power doesn’t show you who he really is, but giving him power will, especially with how he treats waiters and laborers for example.

Good teachers do make cultivation of both skill and soul work go hand in hand because giving someone a gun for example without teaching three basic rules of safety and then explaining when and when not to use it in defense is irresponsible.

”Keep your finger off the trigger, always point in a safe direction, keep the gun safe place until you use it.”

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Unfortunately, it is quite common because ego work is separate from cultivation.

For some..

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

For some..

Your definition of cultivation and criteria for what constitutes cultivating may likely be different from what someone like me, Walker, or freeform use.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Your definition of cultivation and criteria for what constitutes cultivating may likely be different from what someone like me, Walker, or freeform use.

I have yet to see anything presented by Walker or Freeform which I've found myself in disagreement with, and hold both in high regard. 

But yes, there most certainly may be differences in what we, as individuals, file under the heading "cultivation."

Yeah, I think maybe we need to define "cultivation" here. The term 修身 (xiushen, self-cultivation) refers primarily to moral cultivation in a Confucian context.

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

I have yet to see anything presented by Walker or Freeform which I've found myself in disagreement with, and hold both in high regard. 

But yes, there most certainly may be differences in what we, as individuals, file under the heading "cultivation."

Just now, SirPalomides said:

Yeah, I think maybe we need to define "cultivation" here. The term 修身 (xiushen, self-cultivation) refers primarily to moral cultivation in a Confucian context.

Cultivation is the specific focus of a thread I have in my PPJ, and @SirPalomides actually pre-empts something I'm going to start talking about briefly in the thread when mentioning the cultivation of virtue, which is separate from the main cultivation I do practice. 

Cultivation in my personal use is primarily for cultivating jing, qi, and shen--technical practice.

What I learned from several of my teachers is that cultivation of these things itself does not make you enlightened, but they do make it easier to achieve that state because you see beyond superficial states of the physical reality we live in and its inherent paradigms. This isn't because you're more compassionate, but it can make you more compassionate when you have good health and experiences seeing beyond the world of man and the relationship between the microcosmic, macrocosmic, and hypercosmic. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Cultivation is the specific focus of a thread I have in my PPJ, and @SirPalomides actually pre-empts something I'm going to start talking about briefly in the thread when mentioning the cultivation of virtue, which is separate from the main cultivation I do practice. 

Cultivation in my personal use is primarily for cultivating jing, qi, and shen--technical practice.

What I learned from several of my teachers is that cultivation of these things itself does not make you enlightened, but they do make it easier to achieve that state because you see beyond superficial states of the physical reality we live in and its inherent paradigms. This isn't because you're more compassionate, but it can make you more compassionate when you have good health and experiences seeing beyond the world of man and the relationship between the microcosmic, macrocosmic, and hypercosmic. 

I'll also add that this is where it can fuel the ego: the seeming sense of power of cultivation can influence some people to see themselves as above others and treat them no differently from boys stomping on anthills, rather than parents who understand the innocent naiveté of children and seek to guide them

This is why lineage and a good teacher protect students: because character is essential before handing them the guns. One doesn't teach an angry and spiteful, petulant teenage misogynist with a violent and self-entitled attitude like Elliot Rodger how to shoot a gun without first correcting his infantile views. 

10 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

The term 修身 (xiushen, self-cultivation) refers primarily to moral cultivation in a Confucian context.

I believe,
修身 is the cultivation of the body.
修 is self-cultivation

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Wrong again.

Sorry!
I was hoping that you would tell me 修身 in Chinese classic is 修(self-cultivation) modern term.

Edited by ReturnDragon

On 4/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, GSmaster said:

I can easily capture your soul after it leaves the body, and put it inside the stone in my magic underground basement lab.

You will be my guest for next 1000 years, and mb you will also learn something, but I will never let you back into "free" life.

I might allow you to reincarnate in some of my lab rats.

Its so clear, that Ralis, Starjumper, Nature Beeeeing and other people all love the divine truth, but you dont.

I can guess its because you are full of dirt and blind, so you cannot see the Truth.

So how do I capture a jinn. I'm at a critical point in my life. It's do or death.