Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Dharma in the time of COVID

Recommended Posts

Malcolm Smith and many Tibetan lamas explain this current pandemics in the terms of Mamos (one of the eight classes of beings) being enraged with us. Mostly due to burned food, which also means burned corpses of animals (not sure if human bodies count) because they detest the smell. And China burned a lot of pigs last year due to swine flu. Also many forms of pollution and irresponsible behaviour. It is our karma to go through this, unfortunately.

 

If that is true or not... does not really matter, because the result is here. For practitioners this is a great time to really see how far we have come. Taken down from our tall towers made of marble and "good vibes". See our attachments as Heart mentioned. Truly beneficial.

 

Few weeks back when it was starting here, I heard an elder man call his wife. She was in a hospital and he called her to talk with her as visits were forbiden. That was a powerful moment for me. Hearing the tenderness in the man's voice but also realizing this might be the last time they can talk. Rather unsettling and heartbreaking. Hope they are all right.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tibetan Bönpos also see the world through shamanic eyes.

There are spirits in everything - when human activity disturbs these spirits and beings they can harm us.

This is the foundation for the current recommendation that Bönpos engage in tantric practices such as the one I referenced earlier.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 11:23 PM, Miroku said:

Malcolm Smith and many Tibetan lamas explain this current pandemics in the terms of Mamos (one of the eight classes of beings) being enraged with us. Mostly due to burned food, which also means burned corpses of animals (not sure if human bodies count) because they detest the smell. And China burned a lot of pigs last year due to swine flu. Also many forms of pollution and irresponsible behaviour. It is our karma to go through this, unfortunately.

 

If that is true or not... does not really matter, because the result is here. For practitioners this is a great time to really see how far we have come. Taken down from our tall towers made of marble and "good vibes". See our attachments as Heart mentioned. Truly beneficial.

 

Few weeks back when it was starting here, I heard an elder man call his wife. She was in a hospital and he called her to talk with her as visits were forbiden. That was a powerful moment for me. Hearing the tenderness in the man's voice but also realizing this might be the last time they can talk. Rather unsettling and heartbreaking. Hope they are all right.

 

This insightful piece resonates well with what you've highlighted. Thank you for the reminder. 

 

https://www.thegreatawakening.org/blog/2020/3/22/the-mamos-language-a-short-guide-to-peace-on-earth?fbclid=IwAR1-lNaolreBun-fR1lrDv1I7TsAbCDF8hfTYA688dK2BwhthZRy4X1G4oU

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C T said:

 

This insightful piece resonates well with what you've highlighted. Thank you for the reminder. 

 

https://www.thegreatawakening.org/blog/2020/3/22/the-mamos-language-a-short-guide-to-peace-on-earth?fbclid=IwAR1-lNaolreBun-fR1lrDv1I7TsAbCDF8hfTYA688dK2BwhthZRy4X1G4oU

 

Quite funny I had it opened yesterday, but decided to close it as I didn't have the time. Well, guess it is the time to read it. Thank you! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve said:

Tibetan Bönpos also see the world through shamanic eyes.

There are spirits in everything - when human activity disturbs these spirits and beings they can harm us.

 

vodyanaya-nozh-boloto-mrak.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this