Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

He's referring to the posts others made here - which you can read for yourself. 

I am acutely aware of his intention here. I am making salient points which I tried to make years ago, but was met with an onslaught of personal attacks from he and his buddies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Here is the deal, plain and simple! You and all your buddies on the Trump threads could certainly dish it out without regard or respect to others, but when the favor is returned, you guys cry foul.

One of the reasons Stosh and I are so able to rather politely disagree with each other, is because while he is rather resolute and bullheaded in his views imo, he doesn't descend into name calling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is the deal, plain and simple! You and all your buddies on the Trump threads could certainly dish it out without regard or respect to others, but when the favor is returned, you guys cry foul.

In your opinion, is it fair? or is it foul? 

3 minutes ago, Stosh said:

In your opinion, is it fair? or is it foul? 

It was foul play and am not interested in game playing such as what you just posted.

Just now, ralis said:

It was foul play and am not interested in game playing such as what you just posted.

Then we agree at least, that it's foul,,, the ad hominems and such. And while at times we've diverged from that higher standard, we may prefer to re-establish it. Yes?

Just now, Stosh said:

Then we agree at least, that it's foul,,, the ad hominems and such. And while at times we've diverged from that higher standard, we may prefer to re-establish it. Yes?

I fell for that open ended question and won't do that again. My point being is that you and your buddies could dish it out and now the favor is being returned and whatever comments are posted here in response are what they are. I will respond appropriately.

Just now, ralis said:

I fell for that open ended question and won't do that again. My point being is that you and your buddies could dish it out and now the favor is being returned and whatever comments are posted here in response are what they are. I will respond appropriately.

What 'fall'? Either you prefer to make valid points , or string together invective. 

Indeed some of the nastiness went quite over the top.  

A bit much imo, not that mo counts for much. 

Lots of avoidable misfortunes occur in the name of justified aggro. 

And believers of justified aggro are almost always violent. 

On numerous levels. 

Edited by C T
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

As per usual, Trump is more concerned about money and his MAGA bullshit than about real people! He thinks everything will be fine in 15 days.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-economy-recession-donald-trump-0b5ab109-1a5e-4397-b54b-5f17d802c029.html

That is spin , the distancing was always to be of limited duration and reevaluated,, but you can stay home if you want. 

2 minutes ago, C T said:

Indeed some of the nastiness went quite over the top.  

A bit much imo, not that mo counts for much. 

Lots of avoidable misfortunes occur in the name of justified aggro. 

And believers of justified aggro are almost always violent. 

On numerous levels. 

I assume you are referring to the Trump talk threads?

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

What 'fall'? Either you prefer to make valid points , or string together invective. 

Perhaps you could look at it as he was hurt by the way things played out here in the past, and is finding his own way to some sort of catharsis and healing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Perhaps you could look at it as he was hurt by the way things played out here in the past, and is finding his own way to some sort of catharsis and healing. 

It did get ugly , I'm tossing out an olive branch ,for myself as much as anyone else. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Not hurt, but livid!

• Like 1

Just now, ralis said:

Not hurt, but livid!

Which is understandable imo.

Although I've often found there is generally something a bit more tender and vulnerable beneath such anger - for me and those closest to me anyway. 

• Like 1

Not hurt, but livid!

Livid? Fine. 

Justified? Fine.

But we agree, that we can override that trajectory , Yes?

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

I assume you are referring to the Trump talk threads?

Not specifically.

That wasn't a useful benchmark because of the nature of total anonymity on which it fed, and was fed in return. 

Lots of stuff said there that people would've had to think twice or more in person.

“We are very defensive, and therefore aggressive, when we hold on to a particular belief, a dogma, or when we worship our particular nationality, with the rag that is called the flag.” ~ J. Krishnamurti 

Edited by C T

Which is understandable imo.

Although I've often found there is generally something a bit more tender and vulnerable beneath such anger - for me and those closest to me anyway. 

I have had a lot of body work including Rolfing and two years of the Feldenkrais training which really helps with emotional conditioning. Besides being a Scorpio, this stuff is my playground. :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Stosh said:

Livid? Fine. 

Justified? Fine.

But we agree, that we can override that trajectory , Yes?

Such anger has to naturally dissipate, and can't be pushed, coerced or cajoled in my experience and understanding. 

• Like 1

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Yawn.

Same for you, it's your call , your choice , You are responsible. 

Such anger has to naturally dissipate, and can't be pushed, coerced or cajoled in my experience and understanding. 

Somewhat so, yes. So I am trying to simply absorb some of that, let it wash through. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Same for you, it's your call , your choice , You are responsible. 

Ok vector