alchemystical

What are your thoughts on AI and its coming implications?

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Neanderthals lived between about 130,000 and 40,000 years ago.

In your eternal quest to educate the poor ignorant me, you googled too fast and stumbled across someone's mental fart.   

The oldest found fossil is 430,000 years old.  Which doesn't even mean it was the first neanderthal in existence.

Didn't read the rest of your objections, you would have to retract the mental fart first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

You are really dumb.

Competition with the A.I is a driving force for human evolution.

A.I capabilities will make the life of humans easier and safer 1 million times.

You can prevent hundreds of millions of deaths in car accidents every year by using A.I.

You can improves surgeries / operations by using A.I. / robots eliminating human error.

There are hundreds if not thousands such applications.

Humans were monkeys before A.I invention.

Are you feeling threatened by A.I taking over your job, making your life meaningless, or what?

Try this on for size ... even mechanism and 'automation' was supposed to do that . Machines doing the drudgery and all of us having more quality free time . . . .

and look what happened  ! 

• Like 1

Just now, GSmaster said:

You confuse neanderthals and homo sapiens, which are different beings.

Could both of you just stop using Google search, if you are against A.I?

Google search uses A.I. technology in itself.

You are way off.  I do not "confuse neanderthals and homo sapiens" and I don't google my education, I read books.  Thousands.  And also choose a viewpoint when there's competing viewpoints.  I've chosen mine and you can't unchoose it for me.  I'm not trying to talk you out of your beliefs by sharing mine, so don't take it personally.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

In your eternal quest to educate the poor ignorant me, you googled too fast and stumbled across someone's mental fart. 

Certainly not an attempt to educate you .   You would know my background and know  that I dont need  to fast google this to know about  it .  The google link was  a fast reference , for others, that might not believe me and thinking I am talking my own  mentalfarts .

I will have you know  I share my farts with MANY educated and well researched people .

The oldest found fossil is 430,000 years old.  Which doesn't even mean it was the first neanderthal in existence.

Oldest  so far ....  If you want to be  so exact   Can you show any evidence proof or even valid opinion  of any one else that Neanderthals lived for millions of years , yet alone , made stone axes for million of years . Where are the fossils for that ?

Also we have stone axes and fossils before Neanderthals , so axes before established dates of Neanderthal   exist .   Unless some one is hiding them all as part of a conspiracy  ?   

I would even venture to say that  anyone claiming  they existed for a million years  is the one having a 'brain fart' .

Do you really think one citation  ( amongst a whole field of them due to scientific research is a brain fart , while your  individual opinion voiced with no  back up or reference isnt ?

Didn't read the rest of your objections, you would have to retract the mental fart first.

Thats a rather pathetic attempt to wiggle out TM .

Let's go one step at a   time  then .  Can you offer any evidence to support your Neanderthal million years static evolution idea ?

Edited by Nungali

24 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

You confuse neanderthals and homo sapiens, which are different beings.

Could both of you just stop using Google search, if you are against A.I?

Google search uses A.I. technology in itself.

For a start , I am not 'against' AI.  What I am contemplating is its further developments.

Also  I dont need no google search to know Neanderthals didnt have  the same stone axes for millions of years .

I was trained at the conspirational brain washing school of Sydney University   .....  And been 'brainwashing' myself ever since  ;)

I often back up what I know or write about with all types of internet references .  I am not saying it isnt a handy tool  or that I against it .

21 minutes ago, Ocean Form said:

GSmaster when he's owning people online:

" A Chinese man on the internet that can set fire to paper with his own mind  ...... its not fake  .... "

source.gif

15 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

D145_168_720_1200.jpg

" CHEN !  Stop doing that in back yard ! Last time you ruin lawn and knock siding off house  "

A related note, but not a technological, rather a purely 'natural' process.

The daily 'waking state' now routinely mirrors harmonically (think octaves) the nightly personal dream state.

Lucidity in the dream state and true lucidity in the waking state are experienced as nigh on identical in nature and essence.

As are non-lucid dreaming and daily human living when in hypnosis and trance.

Much of what used to pass for 'waking' consciousness, i.e. going to work, school, shopping, daily life, has revealed itself to be various vibrational states of trance and hypnosis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Not sure about that .   What is 'self aware consciousness ' and how do we know animals, plants do AI does not have it ?

:) matter doesn’t manifest consciousness. Consciousness manifests matter ;) 

• Like 1

By Definition A.I. is self evolving and self learning thing.

It is not "taught by humans", it is learning itself, that Is what A.I is.

A.I can be much smarter than a human and reach way higher level of expertise than average human in any field.

The mind doesn’t constitute consciousness. Consciousness is reflected in a subtle substance called the mind :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwai said:

That  ^ answers my question ? 

My cryptic powers are low today .

3 minutes ago, dwai said:

Wait .   Didnt consciousness manifest the matter that makes AI function ?

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Wait .   Didnt consciousness manifest the matter that makes AI function ?

You think you, me and all sentient beings are separate. We are not. The awareness that operates through these body-minds is nondual, and is the source of all manifestation. 

So AI can operate in the same way the mind does, but will always require a conscious subject to make it conscious. Because the mind can only reflect consciousness.

The problem arises because each mind thinks it is independently conscious. Maybe that’s a topic for another time...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Can you offer any evidence 

Yes.  All you need to do is ask nicely.  Should have from the start, matter of fact.

Edited by Taomeow

6 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Yeah, we wish.  

No, the most likely scenario is being overwritten with someone else's consciousness once you're equipped with a chip.  It's their way to be immortal.   Who are "they?"  That's a trillion dollar question.  Maybe just our very own very rich transhumanists.  Maybe those they serve who may well have long been immortal via this method, hopping planets or civilizations on this one, instigating technological progress, reaping the benefits, using up and discarding the "resources."  The resources R us.  

Quite a few "philosophical technophiles" who think transhumanism is the answer naively believe that their own consciousness will eventually be stored in some big computer as a way to stay alive once the body is deceased.  No.  Someone else's consciousness will be stored on your chip, in your own fully functional body belonging to someone who can afford immortality.  Someone who has talked you into the irresistibly seductive benefits of implementing this technology on a mass scale.  Someone wealthy and powerful enough to not even consider dying as an option -- someone for whom killing is the ticket and has always been.  Except technological progress makes it possible to kill just the mind and use the body for one's own.   Once it wears out, it will be discarded and the next body will be provided.  

Someone has been watching too much Altered Carbon. :lol:

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

We could say that about all of western society .   Imagine the internet going down for a week !

The problem wouldn't be how people would react but the payment methods and most likely banks. All would collapse due to lack of cash or lack of payment. How would you place orders? How would one process them? It isn't western society only. All of the world would collapse if banks stop working.

4 hours ago, Ocean Form said:

Elon Musk says he thinks we live in a simulation. Like he literally thinks we're inside a videogame.

We have no way of knowing. We only reject it because of Occam's razor and the fact that it is a theory that is impossible to disprove so it can't be scientifically tested.

• Like 1

Stick to what sails your little ego boat. Keep doing what you’re doing. When the body decays and falls away, you will realize the delusion of your ways. 😇

• Haha 1

@alchemystical

As soon as technology helps you with something you become more stupid.  Because maintaining your health intelligence body and feelings is not free it requires you to do something.  Don't use it and you lose it.

Your own mind ... having large amounts of your  life to yourself allows you to develop into your own person, your own ideas, feeliings and direction.   And that is how humans should live.   Who lives in the hive-mind-matrix .... only insects.  Insect people with insect minds.

According to some mankind has already been falling for a long time and was once much more powerful.  According to others mankind rises and falls periodically in a sort of evolutionary hell and should try to escape asap.

A.I is just a marketing term like Sooper Computer.  It doesn't mean anything else.  There are no computers that "think".  It is only humans that think.  All computers just carry out the instructions of human beings; in fact they don't even do that ... a computer that says the temperature is 17C doesn't know it is 17C, it is just electronics ... only a human can understand things.  But having said that because of recent generations of Western children being exploited, they appear to be degenerating to the level of insects and pretty soon they will be building temples to their toasters !!!

Recently the degenerate Western economy has started to invent invisible products and sell them on the stock market ... like medical apparatuses that don't work or the hyperloop.  A huge PR exercise to generate grass roots support accompanies these not-existing-products ... one day people wake up and realise they lost hundreds of millions of dollars.  Of course "money" which used to be real gold and meant something is today plastic.

Techno-merging if possible would really involve living in your "mind" for ever.  Which would be even more of a hell then living in it for one lifetime. I do not think techno merging would ever be possible because putting a colander on somebody's head and measuring electric impulses from the brain does not allow you to go into that persons experience.

The outer world we experience can be jointly experienced... we can watch a sunset together.  But the inner world is absolutely private and always will be nobody is every going to be in here with you. 

Central bankers and billionaires have increasingly sown up the entire world-system into a large human prison-farm.  This is to damage the ability of people to realise their own strength and live from their immortal soul. It has become important to teach young children to worship technology so that they will be grateful to the prison wardens and won't realise that their souls are being sucked out through their eyes.

Scientific experts are another way you are taught that you are an idiot ... and that you need to be a slave to the market-economy and its opinions, because what you think is worth sh**.

Everything is designed to make you feel weak stupid and helpless ... so you will never know that you yourself are the true power of existence because you are a child of god.  

Great corruption has happened in this world; work hard move quickly and quietly into your soul.

These have been my very important thoughts.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dwai said:

You think you, me and all sentient beings are separate. We are not. The awareness that operates through these body-minds is nondual, and is the source of all manifestation. 

So AI can operate in the same way the mind does, but will always require a conscious subject to make it conscious. Because the mind can only reflect consciousness.

The problem arises because each mind thinks it is independently conscious. Maybe that’s a topic for another time...

Hmmm ... another non answer with a declaration that I think something that I do not .

Non dual (and non-local) 'awareness'  ( I prefer 'consciousness' )  are but PART of the types of consciousness .

15 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Yes.  All you need to do is ask nicely.  Should have from the start, matter of fact.

Please Ms Taowmeow Ma'am  , can you show us  evidence that, regarding Neanderthals,   the stone axe they were using didn't change its design for a million years.

Thank you .

7 hours ago, dwai said:

Stick to what sails your little ego boat. Keep doing what you’re doing. When the body decays and falls away, you will realize the delusion of your ways. 😇

:D

Sounds like the Christian ' argument  closer '  - you will find out  I am right , when you die  .... and go to Hell ! 

Seriously dwai , I would say that to any philosophy or religion that came up with a rather pathetic  'riposte'  like that !

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Please Ms Taowmeow Ma'am  , can you show us  evidence that, regarding Neanderthals,   the stone axe they were using didn't change its design for a million years.

Thank you .

Why of course, dear.  Even though you misspell my name, Ms Nun Gali.  

Learned it from this book: https://www.amazon.com/Eco-Homo-Emerged-Cataclysmic-History/dp/0465018033#customerReviews

It was a borrowing from a library many moons ago so can't give you a pointer to the exact pages, you may want to read it all -- a mighty eye-opening book, well worth it.  And in case you need an author who has "credentials," luckily he has plenty --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_T._Boaz

Oh, and the bashed-in Neanderthal skulls are also his information, rather than an example of my cluelessness about Adidas sports gear you kindly referenced (although I am clueless about that, I freely admit.)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hmmm ... another non answer with a declaration that I think something that I do not .

Non dual (and non-local) 'awareness'  ( I prefer 'consciousness' )  are but PART of the types of consciousness .

It is a matter of experience. If and when we have it, all theories fall apart. I am quite hesitant to engage in these type of discussions, mainly because those who argue about the materialistic view, don't understand either mind or consciousness. Not saying that is the case with you though.

I think I'll bow out of this topic now...when someone is ready, they will know it. 

• Haha 2