dwai

The biggest secret about Advaita Vedanta

56 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

There is real awakening and then there is imaginary awakening, they may sound similar, but the difference is heaven and earth.

We can speak only of the imagined.

If one is truly awake, all have awoken.

56 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Get treated, you have mental illness.

Mind cannot go where the question's answer points to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Mind has no limits, but you don't know.

I guess it takes one to know one.

Is it limitless enough to allow for not needing to know? :)

• Haha 1

to interject, of course mind has limits in mind stuff itself, thus THINGS may spin around and mix and morph infinitely in mind yet they are still limited to what could be called the many dimensions of mind. (or variations of THINGS)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Space and time don't really matter when we realize the Oneness underlying all manifestation. We can share presence with each other, uplift those who are stuck in more worldly realms if necessary -- sometimes just to give them a taste of what this Oneness can bring. 

Some of those who have experienced the shared presence with an illuminated person might stay that way for a long time. Some others might get scared...don't be afraid. Just open your heart and your mind. It is your own Self that is shining forth through those that you think are "others".  :) 

When it first happened to me, my mind was going, "No way...this can't really be happening...am I dreaming?!?"

And then it became a natural way to be...realization triggered realization...

Edited by dwai
  • Like 3

The problem with chronically adversarial personalities is that they will not actually take the time to understand the perspective they are knocking, and instead continue to make noise. Here's a little throwaway article from me to such individuals -- This is one of the methods employed by Advaita Vedantins to help the seeker realize the truth. 

May you grow up and realize your True Nature :)

https://www.medhajournal.com/close-encounters-of-the-fourth-kind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Dwai, I think that's a keeper article  :)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, dwai said:

The problem with chronically adversarial personalities is that they will not actually take the time to understand the perspective they are knocking, and instead continue to make noise. Here's a little throwaway article from me to such individuals -- This is one of the methods employed by Advaita Vedantins to help the seeker realize the truth. 

Well said mate.  I enjoyed the article and your succinct response here.

My own chronic adversarialness was a direct expression of my Chronic Certaintism.

Chronic Certainty, maintained itself in local awareness for me, born from notions of Naive Realism, (where one assumes their perceptions are processing and taking in 100% of reality at 100% accuracy).  This method of assumption was taught to me by my Materialist Father, our schooling system and Western Society as a whole.  The Certainty born of this assumption is a malady I would not wish on anyone.  It is a malady of mind that is quite painful to unwire. 

The first cracks appeared in adolescence but were quickly pasted over with dogma.   But through turning inward and a steady exploration and eventually an unavoidable diet of doubt, born of curiosity and a desire to be able to entertain ideas without instantly having to accept or reject them, the inevitable dissolution of former certainties finally began in earnest.

Chronic Certainty is a malady that in my case, bore its own sustenance within its structural isolationism.

The more certainty I held of an assumption about my perceptual modeling of reality, the less I was able (or felt it profitable or helpful) to even entertain, or consider any notions or ideas counter to my perceptual certainties... as Cognitive Dissonance was untenable and would require either a reassessment of what I was already certain could not be untrue, or the adoption of the potential that my perceptual processes were incomplete and inaccurate. 

That for yeeeears was unthinkable.

Chronic Certainty is like unto a mental disorder as I view it from my current perspective. 

One I would not wish on anyone, no matter how acidic, virulent or abusive they be...

Indeed, could I cure humanity of one illness, Chronic Certainty, if not top of the list, would be top three.

Thanks for the chance to re-explore this aspect of my unfolding awareness through this conversation Bums.

It is deeply appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, dwai said:

"Eventually, the goal is that we learn to recognize and abide as the underlying awareness, which ultimately is the only reality, upon which all other experiential realities are dependent. This is evident as the pure awareness underlying our daily experience of waking, dreaming and deep sleep."-- Much to think about there!

• Like 2