cobwebby

Introduction

Going through years of posts here, I have found @Earl Grey and @freeform to be frank in confronting ideas they disagree with, and the technical parts of their discussions have, in the majority of cases, been in line with what I have been taught and/or experienced during my years of practice.

Yes, it can be annoying to hear, and no, they will generally not post better methods, but that is in line with how many traditions function. 

If you look at the forum at large, I would say that there is less politeness here now than before. 

Probably a sign of "freedom". 

I hope I will enjoy my stay here, and that you will do the same. 

But I also plan to not talk about details of my practice, because why invite a stranger to chew me of? 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 7:15 AM, cobwebby said:

I do not need your guidance. I have found my own methods to be more effective and efficient than stagnated teachings.

What's that saying that goes something like: "Someone who tries to teach themselves internal arts has a fool for a teacher and an idiot for a student"?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

no- the saying is fool me once-shame on you

fool me twice-shame on me.

I am so past giving a shit if anyone likes or dislikes what I have to say.

Edited by sagebrush

4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

no- the saying is fool me once-shame on you

fool me twice-shame on me.

Incorrect - that is a different saying, the original saying still stands even if you had not heard about it before.

4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I am so past giving a shit if anyone likes or dislikes what I have to say.

No need to repeat yourself.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:38 PM, Cleansox said:

Going through years of posts here, I have found @Earl Grey and @freeform to be frank in confronting ideas they disagree with, and the technical parts of their discussions have, in the majority of cases, been in line with what I have been taught and/or experienced during my years of practice.

Yes, it can be annoying to hear, and no, they will generally not post better methods, but that is in line with how many traditions function. 

If you look at the forum at large, I would say that there is less politeness here now than before. 

But I also plan to not talk about details of my practice, because why invite a stranger to chew me of? 

Not so much as disagreeing but trying to help people avoid endangering themselves and their health or mental stability, outside of karmic issues.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 7:38 AM, Cleansox said:

I am very glad that you are doing due diligence.  But, when you posted this, you had been here less than a week..  There is so much material on this site, that you could not have gone through 1% in that amount of time.

Edited by moment

4 hours ago, moment said:

I am very glad that you are doing due diligence.  But, when you posted this, you had been here less than a week..  There is so much material on this site, that you could not have gone through 1% in that amount of time.

I have been reading from this forum for years. 

On and off since 2014 I think. 

Just slow to join. 

7 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I have been reading from this forum for years. 

On and off since 2014 I think. 

Just slow to join. 

The best parts of this forum are not accessible until you join.  But, you certainly had a good prep going.

Godd luck on your continuing adventure!