Sign in to follow this  
Boerewors

Some more advice needed on practice

I apologize for my unfounded slander of member Freeform, it has come to my attention that I was acting in poor judgement and that he did genuinely try to help me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, Taomeow said:

China is a very old culture with a very adventurous political history.  The real arts had to go into hiding many times before.  Some, indeed, did not survive.  Yet more survived than elsewhere.  I suspect way more than survived witch hunts and wars and revolutions and genocides elsewhere.  Practice makes perfect...   and practicing going underground, "disappearing from the world" as taoists put it, is something they had plenty of throughout history.  There were thousand-year-long stretches when, e.g., women couldn't practice any arts in the open.  None whatsoever.  And yet...  ;) 

Shifu in Wudang had to train in the dark back in the day.

I believe that the inner doors students are getting some quality training and knowledge there, but it is very noticable that they have to also have to adhere a lot to government regulations which may restrict their Daosit approach.

For what is quite a carefree philosophy, Daoism is easier achieved in the west than it is in the east, imo.

Sign in to follow this