Mskied

Do What Thou Wilt

1 hour ago, mcoolio said:

So now what? Any next steps to go further in finding the true will? Or any sources I can consult for more information?

My advice is don't make it a mystical process.  Mysticism leads to blind spots in thinking, can make you delusional and neurotic.  Simply look for things you are interested in and go about the business of learning and practicing them, it's really that simple.

13 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Interesting! Lot's of stuff to think about. For sure, many people will read this!

Gonna ask my mother some questions ...

Good idea . I neglected that .

let's  add it into the mix as well .... I went through a period of sorta hounding mine  for her last few years about that .

here is a classic :  "  You where such a different child , I used to worry about you . I would have strange dreams about you ."

"Like what ? "

" We where at the  snake and reptile show  *   and there was this earthquake, it was terrible and scary, everyone was running around in terror and the ground split pen into a big hole right over the snake pit and deep down into the ground . I tried to pull you kids back but you broke away and ran to end of the hole .... everyone  was screaming and panicking but you where laughing , I called you back but you just turned to me , laughed and then deliberately  jumped into the hole .... then I woke up in terrible state . "

Poor old Mum ... she didnt have a clue about that sort of stuff , it just generated fear in her .

* That place was very significant to me  ;  we didnt have much money, father would be often finding things for the family to recreate with that where cheap or free .  This outside  snake and reptile show was one , it was run by some local Aboriginal snake handlers , they would do that , throw some spears and boomerang and then pass the hat around . I loved it !  A lot of tourists , the  Aboriginals would like to come up to the English with some huge snake and watch them run  :D  .  they did it once and everyone  was "WHOA!" and backed away from the low fence of roofing tin used to keep the reptiles in their enclosure . But not me , This old blackfellah comes up to me and goes  " This little felleh isnt scared " and draped the huge python around my shoulders  ... my mother nearly had  a fit .

then next time round , showing a large blue tongue lizard , put that on my head .. it just sat there with its tail down my neck, its four legs around my head like a hat and its head dropping down my forehead with its tongue occasional licking out, down on my lower forehead . Musta looked pretty funny . Anyway , that was my first contact with Aboriginal shamanism and our reptiles ... something that has continued to this day . 

Interesting aside ;   I have a relationship with the goannas here  ( ' Nungungali'  ;)   - goanna  in Bundjalung lingo ) I had a GF that lived here a while , she didnt like them or my relationship .   She said she had a 'nightmare' one night ; she wakes up, thinking it is real and not a dream , and I am not in the bed , so she looks outside and sees under the cabin, it has a hge hole in the dirt going down into an underground chamber .... she goes in and there are small chambers in the dirt like little caves , off to the side and goannas are sleeping in them . In the middle are some goannas standing there and I am putting a tarpaulin over one of the goannas heads .

She goes ' What are you doing ?'

and I turn, see her , and scream at her  " YOU GET OUT OF HERE ! '  ... and she woke up freaked out .

The underground tunnel / hole thing again  :)

Goannas DO live under the cabin , but mostly in an old drain pipe I have stored under there  ...... on the physical plane that is .

Just as well she still not here , now sometimes they come inside . I like to sit still while they sneak around , right under my nose . Then I suddenly move and " WHAT ARE YOU DOING INSIDE !? '  and they freak out and try to run, but their claws skid on the wooden floor  ...  a lot of running but not much forward movement ...much better than a dogs do on a smooth floor ... creating all sorts of antics, mishaps and slide outs   :)  .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcoolio said:

Talked to my mom.

Most significant thing as a youngster:

As early as 2 years old, lots of interest in things with flying: kites, planes, paper airplanes, ...

Can say I am still particularly fond of kites, though don't really do it anymore, perhaps because I don't live in a good region.

Starting from my teenage years, got a strong tendency towards the concept of gongfu, or better said, being obsessed in acquiring skill and/or knowledge in something:

- taekwondo

- gran turismo, a racing videogame

- skateboarding

- counterstrike

- soccer

- computer science/programming

- mathematics

- physics

- bodyweight training

- handstand

- buddhism, kungfu

- spirituality (all of it)

Didn't really 'play' these things. Trained and acquired books and other knowledge to train, study better. Didn't get far for in any of these.

Got obsessed and started training, started feeling blocked, frustrated for various reasons, excuses, gave up, played video games for a few months :D, and moved on to the next thing.

Naturally gravitated towards spirituality and now obsessed with that. It's a little bit different from the other obsessions though. Held out much much longer than the other stuff. Seems like I'm not giving this up any time soon. Can even say there is happiness in doing this. But still feels like an incomplete puzzle.

So now what? Any next steps to go further in finding the true will? Or any sources I can consult for more information?

Sure .   In our group we would collate these things and then discuss them .  I think thats the best next stage , some good 'to and fro' which cant really be done in this medium .  On 'true Will' itself the source would be Crowley, so you read up on it there . And what Zoroastrianism has to say about it .

Some might say to join the appropriate group or Order .  We did stuff like that , but my take on things and 'style' was pretty different to others  (so I was told , some poo-pooed it, yet many candidates wanted to 'come our way' .  Hosted some high rank (but very nice ) OS visitors from International HQ for a while  ... they seemed to like my take on things) .

Or if you are really keen to try more here , you could get in depth more here , but its a public forum and open to 'diverse commentary '  ( and sideline heckling, rude abuse , etc .   Matthew 7:6  .... and all that   ;)

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

You should realise that any , even low degree, magician would never take such things at face value !  During and after any such converse  tests should be made to ensure no  'identity theft' has occurred .

In short ... why believe  any spirit is who they say they are ?  Why believe any spirit is who you want / think/ hope/ fear  it might be ?

Knew someone who seemed to know a few things about magic. Had a story about this:

Imagine your are standing on your street side balcony on 4th floor apartment in a large city.

You start shouting at the people on the street.

"Hello! Hey you! Answer me!"

First one to to respond is the drunk hobo on the corner of the street.

:D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Knew someone who seemed to know a few things about magic. Had a story about this:

Imagine your are standing on your street side balcony on 4th floor apartment in a large city.

If you want to be precise , you can call them up on a keypad ; angels, spirits , Elemental Kings, etc .  :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWvwm3W_wuNA4cmiF-Xrw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSxahxsuXwyIMPkCK1QFa      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHLLhjyfzo6n7u4cKfWdc

liber-84-chanokh-characters-upon-the-tab

22 hours ago, Nungali said:

Sure .   In our group we would collate these things and then discuss them .  I think thats the best next stage , some good 'to and fro' which cant really be done in this medium .  On 'true Will' itself the source would be Crowley, so you read up on it there . And what Zoroastrianism has to say about it .

Some might say to join the appropriate group or Order .  We did stuff like that , but my take on things and 'style' was pretty different to others  (so I was told , some poo-pooed it, yet many candidates wanted to 'come our way' .  Hosted some high rank (but very nice ) OS visitors from International HQ for a while  ... they seemed to like my take on things) .

Or if you are really keen to try more here , you could get in depth more here , but its a public forum and open to 'diverse commentary '  ( and sideline heckling, rude abuse , etc .   Matthew 7:6  .... and all that   ;)

Yeah, indeed, cant really do this on a forum.

Gonna start with doing some reading on Crowley's life. Seems like he knew how to live one :D. Then maybe some of his works.

Besides that

Concept of true will. Many traditions have this idea of course. Such a big topic.  What surprises me is that the term astrology hasn't appeared in this topic. Should have some indicators of the true will. Wouldn't be surprised that that is also employed in some systems for finding it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcoolio said:

some reading on Crowley's life. Seems like he knew how to live one

Personally I hope to finish better than AC.   Did he die in poverty living in a boarding house?

And my two observations of him in his post-mortem state were not better.

Still, each chooses their own path.

Edited by Lairg

On 26.8.2022 at 9:56 AM, mcoolio said:

He was the only one who had something to say! :D

9 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Gonna start with doing some reading on Crowley's life. Seems like he knew how to live one :D. Then maybe some of his works.

Besides that

Concept of true will. Many traditions have this idea of course. Such a big topic.  What surprises me is that the term astrology hasn't appeared in this topic. Should have some indicators of the true will. Wouldn't be surprised that that is also employed in some systems for finding it.

Studying your horoscope chart could indeed help you find your True Will. The MC (Mid-Heaven), North Node, and Part of Fortune could be relevant in this regard, amongst other indicators.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lairg said:

Personally I hope to finish better than AC.   Did he die in poverty living in a boarding house?

Regardless, seems like he had a fascinating life and personality.

He must have carried a lot of stuff with him from the past.

21 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Studying your horoscope chart could indeed help you find your True Will. The MC (Mid-Heaven), North Node, and Part of Fortune could be relevant in this regard, amongst other indicators.

Don't really know western astrology but looked it up and seemed interesting. Gonna dig a little bit deeper.

In four pillars astrology, 'bazi'. Can look at the life and conception palaces.

But that's a very simple system and can definitely find more in the zi wei dou shou and qi men divination systems. Don't know much about these though.

9 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Besides that

Certainly . I learnt to read a chart so I could read my own one .   One of the best time investments I have made .

But a lot of astrology is shit nowadays so I caution on that. I found it best as a later confirmation I was 'sure' about ( I think :D ) but that settled it .... what I realised from my chart !

In older systems, it was a given, they would just consult your chart pre birth or on it .... I should say , consult the stars  at you birth time  and many things about your life would be laid out for you .  Also in societies like ancient Mayan, they could tell from your name, on meeting you, when you born, what you do ( your calling , position in tribe , etc ) and where you come from

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lairg said:

He did die in a boarding house , a nice cottage type of house actually. Lots of people had set us like that then and lots of single gents lived in them . It didnt seem too bad a pace ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRijNDVwldWZJ0FQJIxW8

Are you not familiar with .... '  The Major  '   ?   :)

image.png.99fd8dd18429aa469d4f1f1dae17b166.png

And I am pretty sure one had to PAY to stay in such a pace ? 

Or we could just visualise a flop house and a starving Crowley in a flee ridden bed .

Edited by Nungali

22 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

Regardless, seems like he had a fascinating life and personality.

He must have carried a lot of stuff with him from the past.

If you read his bio, he lists his claimed past life's . Its rather funny .  Some have been outraged as they took him seriously . In that regard he is a bit like me ;

" Yes. I do believe in reincarnation ... but the amount of women nowadays who where once Cleopatra ???  How did Cleo manage that ? "

he would even do dress ups as the characters and  get photographed doing it . Some took that seriously !

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

How did Cleo manage that ?

Also the nature spirits of the chakras get passed along in families

On 8/27/2022 at 6:06 AM, Nungali said:

" Yes. I do believe in reincarnation ... but the amount of women nowadays who where once Cleopatra ???  How did Cleo manage that ? "

Yea, blah blah, almost everyone who knows about reincarnation claims to be a Magus Lord Merlin back in the day. It's called Ego. I have even seen a few services which can check on you to see your past lives (for a fee, of course).

One would hope that the more one pays .....

the better past life you are told you had   ;)   .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Law is Do What Thou Wilt, because people will do what they will, sometimes in spite of what is wise.  

It is wise to put your best foot forward, and that foot begins with love.  Should you not come from love, you will get what you deserve; Crowley has stripped the old Christian morality of forgiveness from our obligations.  Everyone is now free to do what they will, to love who they will, how they will.  You will learn what works and what doesn't through trial and error.

Today .... you seem  quite the fan of Crowley , even attributing to him  what  we are allowed to do or not , a power of adjusting our morality  ( and saying Crowley has a Christian morality  .... to boot !  :D   ...  minus the forgiveness )  and dictating what types of freedom we may or may not have .

It even reads like now ,  you are a Crowley follower .

... and have decided to teach us about it   your 'version' of it .

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

Today .... you seem  quite the fan of Crowley , even attributing to him  what  we are allowed to do or not , a power of adjusting our morality  ( and saying Crowley has a Christian morality  .... to boot !  :D   ...  minus the forgiveness )  and dictating what types of freedom we may or may not have .

It even reads like now ,  you are a Crowley follower .

... and have decided to teach us about it   your 'version' of it .

I'm really enjoying how you have personally taken it upon yourself to contradict everything I say, like you're the Crowley police or something lol.  

Another mistake  !   :) 

First That post was not a 'contradiction' .   It was an observation of your current mood .

Second  I have not contradicted everything you say .

Third , you yourself contradict yourself nearly as much as I contradict you   :D

Fourth ,   I am not the Crowley police  .... I am the ' Helpful Demon'  police  .   I have been correcting YOU not Crowley .

Fifth, try to pay better attention , then you might get the gist of what posts are actually about .

and sixth ...... you are on  3 months probation

judge_annoyed_250x300.jpg

On 9/7/2022 at 7:08 PM, helpfuldemon said:

The Law is Do What Thou Wilt, because people will do what they will, sometimes in spite of what is wise.  

It is wise to put your best foot forward, and that foot begins with love.  Should you not come from love, you will get what you deserve; Crowley has stripped the old Christian morality of forgiveness from our obligations.  Everyone is now free to do what they will, to love who they will, how they will.  You will learn what works and what doesn't through trial and error.

You quickly run out of luck, if you keep with the trial and error thing.